hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is anyone actually surprised that we lost today ?!?

Serous question.

We were unbelievably bad against Malmo and poor against Motherwell.

Harris (our only player with pace) is injured and we have no pace or movement anywhere else in the team.

We are a dreadful side. Sorry to say that i never even bothered watching today as I knew we'd lose.

A dreadful state of affairs - we deserve so much better.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Hearts have lost all their good players and played a team full of youngsters.

I'm astonished we got beat. But that's Hibs under Fenlon.

Complete and utter embarrasments

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: torto7062
    Quote Originally Posted by The Voice Of Reason View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Serous question.

Harris (our only player with pace) is injured and we have no pace or movement anywhere else in the team.

We are a dreadful side. Sorry to say that i never even bothered watching today as I knew we'd lose.

I think we all felt if we win only a 3 or 4 nil would be good.

but to lose against young men is unthinkable.

fenlons interview was shocking. he should have been honest and said it was a game
    we shouldn't be losing.

he's had his time I think

First Team Breakthrough
    I'm not surprised. If we had gone for the throat i'm certain we would have won. We didn't and got what we deserved, **** ALL

If you look at the score prediction thread, there wasn't really a lot of confidence. There seemed to be a lot of 0-0 or 1-0 either way.

Yes I am genuinely surprised, thought we would beat their under 20's at a canter
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Absolutely not surprised.

I spoke to a Jambo on FB the other day and said we hibees could not lose. We win - happy days. We lose - Fenlon goes - happy days.

Not surprised in the slightest and will be disgusted if Fenlon survives this.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    That hearts team was basically the team that our under 20 team was beating last season. We should never have lost today, the fact that we did means fenlon should be sacked right away.

Not really but that doesn't make me feel any better.

We were playing against a team full of novices, a lot of whom are barely out of school. To draw against them would have been bad enough, losing against them is just ridiculous.

Nothing surprises me with Hibs anymore, we are going nowhere at the moment and if Hearts avoid liquidation this year, I wouldn't be surprised if we are relegated this season unless we see a dramatic improvement.

Our inability to score goals, or even create serious chances, is quite frightening.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I expected us to win today, we do have better players than them. They were pumped up and fought for every ball all game, we did too and did battle well enough.

Where we were all let down was our tactics again. And of course Fenlon makes such great decisions when using his substitutions.

Was Mullen injured, if so whats wrong with Forster coming in at right back? The balance of the team was wrong AGAIN when putting Stevenson there.

And why was Robertson taken off, unless he was injured i dont understand that one at all?

Vine did nothing much all game, Caldwell should have replaced him. Fenlon just does not know what he's doing. Calderclown would get more out this lot.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Not really. I've seen nothing from Hibs to suggest we were going to win that game.

Serous question.

NO

Left by mutual consent!
    Serous question.

Nope - After the embarrassment of the Malmo defeat I predicted defeats against Motherwell and the Manky mobs Bairns. It doesn't take a genius though to notice how poor we are and what a spineless bunch that pull on the green and white these days - The club is rotten to the core

@hibs.net private member Simkin911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meh View Post

This. I couldn't see us losing or even them scoring. That's the worst hearts team I have witnessed since I started to follow Hibs in 1985. Yet we still managed to lose? A lot of folk give Alex Miller pelters for his period at Hibs but I'd rather be transported back to then. Fenlon doesn't have a clue.

We're making decent SPL players into donkeys.

@hibs.net private member
    I thought it would be 0-0 as this looked to be a result both managers would have welcomed. Unfortunately we yet again set up to go for that result and again failed. Fenlon may eventually realise he is on a hiding to nothing playing negative football and give the players an opportunity to express themselves. I fear that even if he does the balance of the squad is all wrong to play attacking football. Long hard season ahead and I am genuinely concerned that we could be involved in the relagation battle.

No.

I had a strong feeling for 1-0 to Hibs and I'm never usually confident for a derby. Considering their team a defeat should have been unthinkable. Yet... here we are.

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Not in the slightest.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

Not surprised but embarrased and hurt

No !!!! gutted though all the same :-(

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    Not really but that doesn't make me feel any better.

We were playing against a team full of novices, a lot of whom are barely out of school. To draw against them would have been bad enough, losing against them is just ridiculous.

Nothing surprises me with Hibs anymore, we are going nowhere at the moment and if Hearts avoid liquidation this year, I wouldn't be surprised if we are relegated this season unless we see a dramatic improvement.

Our inability to score goals, or even create serious chances, is quite frightening.

The scary thing is that other than Harris we don't have any more creativity or pace to come in to the team. I can't see us getting much better.

It's a frightening thought re relegation, it really is.

Not one bit surprised at the result Today. There is no confidence at Easter Road, especially since losing Griffiths. Following the Hibs has turned me into a pessimist.

Quote Originally Posted by Meh View Post

With the right approach (ie management) that game was there for the taking. ALL the pressure was heaped on these Hearts reserves and youth team players and yet despite that we somehow manage to find a way to lose the game. Today took special management skills to lose to arguably the worst Hearts side in 20 years.

Even a win today was probably not enough to keep him in his job, but the manner of the defeat was quite shocking

Left by mutual consent!
    Of course not he isnt a very good manager and has never been for Hibs. No defeat surprises me with him.

Quote Originally Posted by kdhibees1 View Post
    Not one bit surprised at the result Today. There is no confidence at Easter Road, especially since losing Griffiths. Following the Hibs has turned me into a pessimist.

You are not alone my friend !

No surprise here. The chat beforehand about scoring lots of goals and 'killing them off as a club' was fantasy stuff that took no account of Fenlon and the way he likes to play the game.

No. If you a support a team that seems set up to draw 0-0 ever game and is incapable of fashioning scoring opportunities, you can't be surprised when you lose anybody. With this set up we could lose every game this season 0-1, with odd hammering at Parkhead, or somewhere strange like Inverness.

@hibs.net private member
    No not surprised we lost today , its the Hibs way to let you down. How many embarrasing results is Fenlon going to be in charge off us for? Time for him and Petrie to GTF.

Not at all, beating us is just what they do. I can't ****ing stand it any longer. I will never be back at tynecastle

The scary thing is that other than Harris we don't have any more creativity or pace to come in to the team. I can't see us getting much better.

It's a frightening thought re relegation, it really is
    Yep, it sure is.

But I really don't see where it's going to get any better with the current personnel.

We have very little quality in the squad and have no-one on the bench that you could say is likely to come on and change a game for us.

Our main rivals have a backs-to-the-wall mentality this year and have absolutely nothing to lose. Every point they pick up is a bonus for them, given the situation that they are in and their players will pick up a huge amount of belief from today's result.

Hearts are still favourites to go down, given how small and inexperienced their squad is and also taking the points deficit into account but we are in great danger of being right down there by next May.