hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Positives we can take from Today

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member hibeesjoe's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: catcabbage
    No positives. We are gash and getting worse. Can't even turn up against an under 21 team. We will be fighting hearts for relegation. Just glad it's another 11 or 12 games till we meet them again. See ya Pat, hopefully the next manager can install a bit of fight in the team.

None.

Ryan Stevenson looks like he did his cruciate

(yes; bad taste, classless etc etc)

The positive will be if paddy goes. Taking us backwards.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EllChrisso PSN ID: EllChrisso
    We did actually defend well today. Thought Hanlon and Nelson dominated. Others worth a note would be Thomson and Robertsons hard working in midfield. But, you don't win football games just by working hard to defend. Our team lacks flair/movement and a willingness to get forward. Fenlon's plans just don't allow us to attack.

Quote Originally Posted by spike220 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It wasn't more than 1.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    The only positive will be that there's still a chance to save the season when Fenton goes. I don't expect him to be in charge for our next game.

funny thing is though, our squad is not too bad, But I think we were set wrong and tactics were all wrong, we are still set up not to lose rather than win, this makes us very predictable.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    No positives whatsoever.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Wrong to say that there were / are no positives that can be taken from today, yes there is one and one only. What is it you ask ? The answer is what a lot of us have suspected for a while now and it is ---- Fenlon hasn't got a clue at this level and needs to go and go now.

If it means he is gone Im glad we got beat. His football is brutal and he is ruining players.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ell_Chrisso View Post
    We did actually defend well today. Thought Hanlon and Nelson dominated. Others worth a note would be Thomson and Robertsons hard working in midfield. But, you don't win football games just by working hard to defend. Our team lacks flair/movement and a willingness to get forward. Fenlon's plans just don't allow us to attack.
    No Hibs player dominated in that game. Hearts showed one piece of quality in the entire game and sliced our defense apart.

More experienced teams will rip us apart this season. Expect more results around the level of Malmo.

Ryan Stevenson with a leg brace on post game and the fact it's another game towards Fenlon going.

@hibs.net private member Newry Hibs's Avatar
    The result will be wiped out when Hearts go bust

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Unless the above happens, we can look forward to more away days in Kirkcaldy?
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

First Team Breakthrough
    I watched the game from the start of the second half. Very poor show by all involved with Hibs at the moment. The players did not have any fire in their bellies.
    something is seriously wrong with the whole club right now...l
    i feel it's not right for me to express my feelings about the management and board. There will be aplenty of threads about that.
    i feel let down by our past 4 performances....

Quote Originally Posted by Allan45 View Post
    I watched the game from the start of the second half. Very poor show by all involved with Hibs at the moment. The players did not have any fire in their bellies.
    something is seriously wrong with the whole club right now...l
    i feel it's not right for me to express my feelings about the management and board. There will be aplenty of threads about that.
    i feel let down by our past 4 performances....
    Well count yourself lucky you missed the first half, if you thought that was very poor.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    No Hibs player dominated in that game. Hearts showed one piece of quality in the entire game and sliced our defense apart.

More experienced teams will rip us apart this season. Expect more results around the level of Malmo.
    Ok, so for the ninety minutes game of football in which Hearts had 3 long range shots on target, explain to me when Hibs didn't look very comfortable in defence?

Hanlon and Nelson done there jobs excellent today. It's easy to see we aren't doing well and to point out all the cracks. But where credit is due we were solid at the back.

having any sort of unit going forward, or any intelligent movement is another thing tho. But it doesn't suprise me we can't score goals when all we do is punt the ball up top. We had a five or ten minute spell in the second half where we got the ball down and played. Craig had a shot blocked edge of the box and Collins should have scored.

The pubs are open. That's the only positive thing I can say about Today!

It's not raining (yet)

Ok, so for the ninety minutes game of football in which Hearts had 3 long range shots on target, explain to me when Hibs didn't look very comfortable in defence?

Hanlon and Nelson done there jobs excellent today. It's easy to see we aren't doing well and to point out all the cracks. But where credit is due we were solid at the back.

having any sort of unit going forward, or any intelligent movement is another thing tho. But it doesn't suprise me we can't score goals when all we do is punt the ball up top. We had a five or ten minute spell in the second half where we got the ball down and played. Craig had a shot blocked edge of the box and Collins should have scored.
    It had nothing to do with us looking comfortable in defence and everything to do with Hearts being cack up front. They showed one piece of real quality in the entire game and we couldn't deal with it.

We're not good at defending. Despite the delusions of many on here!

Testimonial Due
    One less game to watch with Fenlon in charge

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    It had nothing to do with us looking comfortable in defence and everything to do with Hearts being cack up front. They showed one piece of real quality in the entire game and we couldn't deal with it.

We're not good at defending. Despite the delusions of many on here!
    Not exactly rocket science is it...

any part of quality in the SPFL is going to result in a goal. Doesn't mean we didn't defend well for the game.

maybe if Hibs tryed to create some part of the word 'quality' then maybe we would have scored 2-3 goals and wouldn't have to worry about Hearts one big chance.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spike220 View Post
    funny thing is though, our squad is not too bad, But I think we were set wrong and tactics were all wrong, we are still set up not to lose rather than win, this makes us very predictable.
    Don't agree about the squad. We may have plenty central defenders and workhorse midfield players but we have no pace in the side, no creative midfield players, we are weak at full back and the two strikers Fenlon has brought in are both similar ie. big lumbering cart horses. And most importantly we have no natural wide players. The board have backed Fenlon with cash and it has been wasted.

3 positives from today

1. Stevenson out for a while

2. We only lost 1 goal

3. Our £200.000 star striker managed to keep his boots clean

Collins should come good with decent supply. Wether he gets it is another thing.

Not exactly rocket science is it...

any part of quality in the SPFL is going to result in a goal. Doesn't mean we didn't defend well for the game.

maybe if Hibs tryed to create some part of the word 'quality' then maybe we would have scored 2-3 goals and wouldn't have to worry about Hearts one big chance.
    No team will score at least 2-3 goals in every single game. That's why its vital that teams are capable of keeping clean sheets as well.

Hibs have one of the worse clean sheet records in the game. But it's something we continue to overlook and people wonder why we're always mediocre, even when we are capable of scoring goals!

@hibs.net private member
    Can't honestly think of any positives to be derived from that debacle at all. Would need a mindset of 'the glass is broken but there's still a trace of liquid there' type to do that IMO.
    If the Yams do survive this season in the top flight then it's us that set them on the road. Pitiful!

The Hibs defence had probably their easiest 90 minutes for about a year, because they were up against a team with no idea how to attack, apart from one moment of quality.

The bitter truth is that we had no idea how to impose ourselves on the game with the ( on paper ) better players we have. We had a wee spell in the 2nd half just before they scored and that was it.

The only positive, as has already been said, is that there can now be no doubt that Pat Fenlon hasnt got a clue how to win football matches and even less idea of how to play attacking football. We should have been able to overrun that Yams team in midfield, but just didnt press forward enough, or play with enough quality or skill .... in fact with any quality or skill.

We had a midfield which included a guy who was a mainstay of a decent ITC team, a guy who was one of St Johnstone's best players last year and a guy who was a member of a team which got to the UEFA cup final and a guy who was a quality player before an injury hit spell down south. But they couldnt out play a bunch of kids.

The manager has to carry the can.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    We got beat by the best youngsters in Europe?
    Why didn't we play our youth team who thrash them regularly?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby