hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: 461 minutes

461 minutes

Of competitive football

Zero goals

Relegation form?

2. Log in to remove the advert

IF things go on like this, it is definitely relegation form. The yams could easy get twelve points back just from us. Simply sickened by how terrible that was.

Quote Originally Posted by 1two View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of competitive football

Zero goals

Relegation form?
    We'll get relegated if Fenlon stays - over to you Rod.

@hibs.net private member
    Who was the last player to score for us and against whom?

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Who was the last player to score for us and against whom?
    Last competitive goal was David Wotherspoon v Dundee.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Take it to the Cowdenbeath game in pre-season and we're 11-0 down in games played since. Shots might just have crept into double figures now.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Of competitive football

Zero goals

Relegation form?
    Pat Fenlon's roll of honour.

It should be read out to him, followed quickly by the words "You're Fired"

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    How the hell has he not been sent packing yet?

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    No goals and barely a clear chance created. It's very worrying.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Take it to the Cowdenbeath game in pre-season and we're 11-0 down in games played since. Shots might just have crept into double figures now.
    what cowdenbeath game

Quote Originally Posted by OrdHibby View Post
    what cowdenbeath game
    Think Matty means Raith.

Kirkcaldy \ Cowdenbeath - Two cheeks of the same erse really

Of competitive football

Zero goals

Relegation form?
    Competitive "football".

Is that what you call it ?

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I feel privileged now to have seen Hibs score 3 in the Gibraltar game. Might be the highlight of the season

It's so depressing given the names we have in our team. I've backed Fenlon for long enough - to lose to one of the weakest Yam teams in 2 decades is the final nail in the coffin.

'I was there when Hibs scored'.

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    IF things go on like this, it is definitely relegation form. The yams could easy get twelve points back just from us. Simply sickened by how terrible that was.
    we have been in relegation form since we beat celtic at home last december, its been downhill all the way ( only the cup run papered over the cracks) , fortress easter road , what a load o pish we are cannon fodder for teams needing a pick me up.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    'I was there when Hibs scored'.
    What did it feel like? I'm only 22.

Of competitive football

Zero goals

Relegation form?
    If you include the Raith Rovers game that's seven and a half hours of football without us scoring a goal.

It's even worse than the days when Alex Miller was our manager. At least his teams could defend (usually).

Many of us worked out that Fenlon was a dud months ago. Why can't the board?

Left by mutual consent!
    I have spent over £70 just on tickets since the last time we scored a goal

Hard to see this team beating anyone!

Not a knee jerk reaction. We are just complete garbage. If I recall correctly did it not take us until our last home game of last season to win a league match at ER in 2013?

Who are we going to beat? Of course we will scrape some wins but there won't be many. I have been consistent since the Williamson era in my criticism of how we seem to be a team with out organization. Look at the way Inverness play, the way St Johnstone play, the way Motherwell play. Even St Mirren last year brought in loan players and they played well immediately. Not 'great' squads but organized and look as if they practice together and know what they are trying to do. We just go out and hoof the ball anywhere, can't defend and never control the midfield. And of course, losing Griffiths meant we lost our best player and over 50% of our goals.

I appreciate I rarely get to ER now but I am just completely demoralized and can't see myself even bothering to get online to see how they are doing. Can hardly imagine how the regular turnouts at ER feel.

Fenlon should at least have his players organized. It is not as if we off loaded all our team from last year. Any manager should be able to buy or pick up a 'professional' player and at least get him to do what he does best. I cannot believe that all the players brought in during the past few seasons are duds. We just don't seem able to get the best out of them. Maybe dragging them down to our level.

Only 4 games into the competitive season and 2 into the league. No goals, 11 against and difficult to see where goals and victories will come from.

Seems the only thing we have to look forward to is the possible liquidation of Hearts and frankly I do not think that will happen and am not convinced we will finish above them. Even though they are also bad they have a look of a hungry, backs to the wall team. We give their fans a hard time for having their heads in the sand with regards to their off the field financial mess but I think some of our fans have their heads in the sand regarding our situation, particularly our performances on the field and the ability of PF to turn it around.

We are not making money. and don't seem to be getting the same quality breaking into the first team from the youth teams even though their performances and results are usually positive. We are not even 'enjoying' a spell of being able to sell good young players and are certainly not picking up/buying players who we are selling on for a profit.

We are not delusional and prediciting winning the SPL or the Champions league but the least we should expect is a well organized and comptetitive team taking the park every week and that is the first issue that needs to be addressed. We have an extremely poor product on the field. If we don't address this, which has been the state of affairs for the past few years. Even when we were doing ok at the last of last season it was really because Griffiths was having the best spell of his career thus far. I think everyone accepts that our recent good cup runs just papered over the ever widening cracks.

Maybe I am just too depressed after yesterday but boy....am I depressed!

Quote Originally Posted by SanFranHibs View Post
    Not a knee jerk reaction. We are just complete garbage. If I recall correctly did it not take us until our last home game of last season to win a league match at ER in 2013?

Who are we going to beat? Of course we will scrape some wins but there won't be many. I have been consistent since the Williamson era in my criticism of how we seem to be a team with out organization. Look at the way Inverness play, the way St Johnstone play, the way Motherwell play. Even St Mirren last year brought in loan players and they played well immediately. Not 'great' squads but organized and look as if they practice together and know what they are trying to do. We just go out and hoof the ball anywhere, can't defend and never control the midfield. And of course, losing Griffiths meant we lost our best player and over 50% of our goals.

I appreciate I rarely get to ER now but I am just completely demoralized and can't see myself even bothering to get online to see how they are doing. Can hardly imagine how the regular turnouts at ER feel.

Fenlon should at least have his players organized. It is not as if we off loaded all our team from last year. Any manager should be able to buy or pick up a 'professional' player and at least get him to do what he does best. I cannot believe that all the players brought in during the past few seasons are duds. We just don't seem able to get the best out of them. Maybe dragging them down to our level.

Only 4 games into the competitive season and 2 into the league. No goals, 11 against and difficult to see where goals and victories will come from.

Seems the only thing we have to look forward to is the possible liquidation of Hearts and frankly I do not think that will happen and am not convinced we will finish above them. Even though they are also bad they have a look of a hungry, backs to the wall team. We give their fans a hard time for having their heads in the sand with regards to their off the field financial mess but I think some of our fans have their heads in the sand regarding our situation, particularly our performances on the field and the ability of PF to turn it around.

We are not making money. and don't seem to be getting the same quality breaking into the first team from the youth teams even though their performances and results are usually positive. We are not even 'enjoying' a spell of being able to sell good young players and are certainly not picking up/buying players who we are selling on for a profit.

We are not delusional and prediciting winning the SPL or the Champions league but the least we should expect is a well organized and comptetitive team taking the park every week and that is the first issue that needs to be addressed. We have an extremely poor product on the field. If we don't address this, which has been the state of affairs for the past few years. Even when we were doing ok at the last of last season it was really because Griffiths was having the best spell of his career thus far. I think everyone accepts that our recent good cup runs just papered over the ever widening cracks.

Maybe I am just too depressed after yesterday but boy....am I depressed!
    Yep, 100% agree with this.

I have never been one for having a go at managers but I have to be honest and, for me, there are two significant factors which suggest Fenlon does not have what it takes:

1. We are being continually outplayed and outfought by teams with much lower resources and inferior infrastructures to ourselves. The 'steadying the ship' time has passed - Fenlon has been backed and allowed to spend pretty well to build his own team.

2. He actually thinks the last two performances have been decent. That to me is almost criminal. Yesterday was diabolical and anyone who thinks it was acceptable is not fit to be manager of Hibernian FC!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    What did it feel like? I'm only 22.
    Love this :

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    I have spent over £70 just on tickets since the last time we scored a goal
    Pfffft ... I spent that much for a round of drinks in Malmo!!
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

How much were our STs this year? £375?

If so that's 81p per goalless minute, bargain.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Many wondered last year how poor a team we would be without a Griffiths type player, now we know.