hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First Team Regular aussie_hibee's Avatar

Derby week and Jambo "friends"

With it being derby week, I'm sure a lot of us will handle those jambos in our lives in a few different ways.

I'm blessed that I'm over here and it's kept to a minimum but obviously social media etc makes the world a bit smaller than it used to be.

So, how do you handle it? Give them a wide berth? Just not talk about it? Or go hell for leather for the next week?

Personally, I don't have any really "typical" yams in my life and the ones that have their moments, I just steer clear for the week. The others are decent people, and one in particular who is a friend from primary school and a really good person, we've just agreed not to talk about it. (Although I'm sure the occasional wind up will slip out). After the game, there'll be some light banter then on with life.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Its not funny nor clever to take the P out of the dying

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    My best mate who is a Jambo is now doing the whole "Scottish football is boring I can't be done with it anymore" so I'm not getting much out of him these days. The term jumped ship comes to mind

I have a couple of acquaintances who are from the dark side, one of whom is an insufferable blind fool and "believes" all the yam myth about winning both world wars etc but he is English (bless) and really has had a hard time at the brainwashing unit over the last few years.

I really have started to hate this odious club after years of not really bothering about them.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Don't associate with jambos......simples!

I have quite a few Yam friends (and a brother who is a Hearts ST holder, jumped ship when he was young because of school friends) who I have known & played football with for over 20 years, we have lot's of banter between us but all good natured & good fun.

They are all good guys and whilst I love seeing Hearts suffer I do feel for them (well just a little) as would hate Hibs to be in the same situation as they are.

They're not all bad, just most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't associate with jambos......simples!
    Quite right too!

Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    My best mate who is a Jambo is now doing the whole "Scottish football is boring I can't be done with it anymore" so I'm not getting much out of him these days. The term jumped ship comes to mind
    He'll be back to his horrible normal self if they get a result on Sunday. They just can't help themselves.

Left by mutual consent!
    My jambo mates are all confident about beating us on Sunday AND staying up. Insane arrogance!

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Quite right too!
    Erm - Hammy?
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    The only Jambo I know has been saying exactly the same thing since the end of last season.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Typical - had a wee word with our family token yam who was spouting about the 400,000 at Perth, he rarely goes along to tiny never mind away games so I asked him how he enjoyed the atmosphere. He apparently had the "chance" to go but went to "see something" at the festival instead. Probsably free.

When goaded further he was moved to say that he is less interested in Scotish football now because the authorities have given hearts a "double punishment" which is especially bad when the SPL have known that they have been trading independently and profitably for two years (yes two!, I know).

Nae wonder the Liths were able to get all the share money and the first tranche of ST money and cake money safely into the bin liners before doing a runner.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Erm - Hammy?
    Not saw the man for about two years.

Don't think i've spoken to one since last August. Saw more hearts tops on holiday than i've saw in 20 years through here.

I'm concentrating on just how poor we were against Malmo and Motherwell, which neutralises any slagging this week and will nicely set up next week when I can say "I told you we were crap, so how bad must you be that we still won?"
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

My old dad is a yam, so i have been trying to keep the "your clubs nearly deid" stuff to minimum. ( out of pity). I will however be indulging in some 6 in a row gloating on Sunday afternoon.

:fenlon

A lot of jambos I know are still giving it "big team wee team" "haha use lost 0-7 in Europe" "5-1 and 1902"

Unbelievable arrogance

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Who are these Hearts you talk about, ah I think I remember those chaps, and who were the other ones again......Gretna.....that's the ones!

Can't believe some of them think that we are relaxation candidates someone please remind me who started on -15 this season and are still-15 behind the rest of the league. Thank god I don't associate with any yams

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Every one of them that i've spoken to thinks that it's going to be a relegation battle between us and Partick Thistle, with them sitting snug in the top half of the table.

I don't make friends with jambos. I have greater intellectual conversations with my pets.

Quote Originally Posted by pontius pilate View Post
    Can't believe some of them think that we are relaxation candidates someone please remind me who started on -15 this season and are still-15 behind the rest of the league. Thank god I don't associate with any yams
    True and false. We could bore you to sleep yet induce a breakdown at times

Damn phone anyways relegation candidates

First Team Regular Sproule Three's Avatar
    Living where I do , I don't know any , I never see any around and I have no reason to wish it was any different !

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Never had any Jambo mates until yesterday. But if any of my new mates are reading this then "I hope we show you on Sunday how ***** it's going to be a Jambo from now on".

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    All I'm getting is 'best youngsters in Scotland' blah blah blah even when I remind them there U20 team finished below Hamilton accies last year it makes no difference these mugs think everything is rosey and I'm left believing I've made terrible friend choices over the years

My dad , brother , and neighbours are yams . Good banter but the last year was really good. had a he•••s going bust party I was over the fence with the Champaign . My dad walked in and walk oot . Hopefully we get the win

I've a few mates who are Hearts fans but I don't talk to them about football.

They just don't have a clue. I'm not sure where it comes from but they genuinely see themselves as a massive club only half a step down from Barcelona, Manchester United etc.

Note to any Hearts fans looking in: Winning more Scottish Cups than us doesn't make you a big team!

@hibs.net private member Lmc2105's Avatar
    My missus is a jambo, yah ano ... season ticket holder and a paying member off FOH, that in its own right probably deserves to be chucked we just dont associate untill after the 90 mins when one off us usually ignore each other!!

@hibs.net private member Lmc2105's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sproule Three View Post
    Living where I do , I don't know any , I never see any around and I have no reason to wish it was any different !
    I would say that sounds like a football paradise!!

Left by mutual consent! SouthamptonHibs's Avatar
    Ive been getting stuck into my mates who support the puddle drinking tax dodging cheating barstewards...give them hell...ooh to bee a Hibby