Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: stick in Pat

stick in Pat

Stick in Pat.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiza View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Stick in Pat.
    Good on ya, lets get behind him ahead of another big game at the wkend, turn it around Paddy son.

I actually thought we played not to bad yesterday, in spells we were poor granted but its the same old lack of offensiveness that is letting us down again, wjich I suppose is down to Pat not habing the players in and addressing this ahead of yesterday.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Good on ya, lets get behind him ahead of another big game at the wkend, turn it around Paddy son.

I actually thought we played not to bad yesterday, in spells we were poor granted but its the same old lack of offensiveness that is letting us down again, wjich I suppose is down to Pat not habing the players in and addressing this ahead of yesterday.
    Hopefully we're after another winger. We have been since January (trying for wylde, getting done as a stop gap) we played some good stuff but we didn't get the bodies forward to take advantage of our pressure moments. We conceded an absolutely stupid goal but Motherwell are a good side and it was always looking like 0-0 barring a mistake or piece of brilliance. Unfortunately the mistake was by us and that was that.

Yeah stick in there Pat.
    It's not your fault the players we have.
    It's not your fault for the negative, eye bleeding, tactics.
    It's not your fault that you have overseen the worst results in our clubs history.
    No, you keep at it and I'm sure everything will work out...sometime.

Stick in Pat.
    He is the Hibs manager at present so will receive my full backing

First Team Regular half.time.draw.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by erskine-hibby View Post
    Yeah stick in there Pat.
    It's not your fault that you have overseen the worst results in our clubs history.
    This👍

5-1 3-0 7-0, good one.

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Yeah stick in there Pat.

Seriously!

Don't ever remember the fans calling for Mr Turnbull to "do one", after Celtic crushed us in the Scottish cup final............

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithenHibby View Post
    Seriously!

Don't ever remember the fans calling for Mr Turnbull to "do one", after Celtic crushed us in the Scottish cup final............
    Mr Turnbull showed more promise in his first week than Fenlon has in 20 months. Mr Turnbull made sure we went back after being pumped and won the next big game at Hampden, oh and he was also involved in a 7-0 game too.

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Stick in Pat.
    :pfgwa

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    5-1 3-0 7-0, good one.
    Fenlon wasn't in charge for our League cup final, or any of our ibrox wins and was just a wee kid during that famous new years day game?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Mr Turnbull showed more promise in his first week than Fenlon has in 20 months. Mr Turnbull made sure we went back after being pumped and won the next big game at Hampden, oh and he was also involved in a 7-0 game too.
    And Mr Turnbull had Mr Hart behind him and not Rodney!......... It's deeper than PF for me, and having a swipe at PF every time a result goes against us is just, cheap.

Lets not go down the road to compare ET & PF, as we all know who has done what at our club.

I just pointed out that PF isn't responsible for the clubs worst results FACT (always wanted to say that)

Fenlon still has my backing.

I am usually quite negative when it comes to hibs but I think the reaction to the defeat against motherwell has been ott. I wasn't at the game against malmo but I think we played quite well against motherwell and was far better watching that than last years pish bar williams claros and griffiths. Williams nelson thompson robertson and craig played well imo and we were unlucky not to score a couple times and were the better team. We are 1 winger and a right back away from having a team capable of 3rd or 4th which isnt too bad considering what we're used to. We need to get behind pat as all this negativity is affecting the team. We will beat hearts no doubt about it. Need to stick to a 4-4-2 or 4-1-3-2 or another attacking formation as 4-5-1 is pish.

Vine and Collins will destroy the yams.
    A few others have to start chipping in with goals this season if we are to do anything decent.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Lets go 3 upfront at Slimecastle and rip them a new hole.

Caldwell. Vine.Collins.

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ColintonHibs View Post
    I am usually quite negative when it comes to hibs but I think the reaction to the defeat against motherwell has been ott. I wasn't at the game against malmo but I think we played quite well against motherwell and was far better watching that than last years pish bar williams claros and griffiths. Williams nelson thompson robertson and craig played well imo and we were unlucky not to score a couple times and were the better team. We are 1 winger and a right back away from having a team capable of 3rd or 4th which isnt too bad considering what we're used to. We need to get behind pat as all this negativity is affecting the team. We will beat hearts no doubt about it. Need to stick to a 4-4-2 or 4-1-3-2 or another attacking formation as 4-5-1 is pish.
    you actually thought we played well , well if thats what weve come to then we are goosed. thats two games this season malmo and well and think weve had about 4 shots on goal in two games . the negative tactics are killing us, its piss poor to watch. he has got to go.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Can't believe people still think Pat can turn this around! Truely puzzled

Yeah stick in there Pat.
    Quote Originally Posted by half.time.draw. View Post
    This
    Why not a bit of positivism for once? We're not going to change anything sitting on .net being sarcastic.

Isn't it better to have a feel good factor and go into this derby with positive determinism, because I'm sure the negativity/quietness/criticism shouted at players, from fans is felt by the players on the park. Realistically we are not going to be winning the league the way we are but support goes a long way.

PF recognises the pressure is on him, not the players at this stage but as long as he is Hibs manager he should be back where possible.

If you want him out, start an active petition or something but don't bring down those who still have a bit faith in things going well.

Seriously!

Celtic had a great team then as did we.
    Motherwell have an average team, were worse.
    Eddie had more idea about football in his little finger, than Pat has in his whole body.
    Even getting beaten while watching Eddies team was 100 times better than watching the eye bleeding tactics from this manager.
    Someone said that Pat was trying to instill a bit of pride in the jersey. Maybe they should watch some games from the tornados era. They will learn more than listening to mr Fenlon.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    absolutely no comparison.

For what its worth, I am backing the manager - he is getting the backing to bring in his players and his team is taking shape, he will be truly accountable by the AGM and I want to see some real improvement in the league by then.

There are some decent players there and it is about arranging them in the right order and getting a few back from injury. Clock seems to be ticking now though.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    I think people know that the alternative is to continue the merry go
    Round of managers- each able to blame the mess made by the previous encumbant, none of them with the time (sometimes ability) to truly shape/ build a team. I would also say that there won't be many that would give him much more time if he doesn't get us moving in the right direction and quickly. I have been largely happy with the players he has brought in.

It would also now appear that as the infrastructure is now entirely in place the board are looking to make some quality additions to the team. I think Collins will prove to be a shrewd bit of business and I would think that we will be one of a few teams that will be prepared to pay transfer fees of 100k + possibly each year/ transfer window. This should also see us push on. GGTTH

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    I think people know that the alternative is to continue the merry go
    Round of managers- each able to blame the mess made by the previous encumbant, none of them with the time (sometimes ability) to truly shape/ build a team. I would also say that there won't be many that would give him much more time if he doesn't get us moving in the right direction and quickly. I have been largely happy with the players he has brought in.

It would also now appear that as the infrastructure is now entirely in place the board are looking to make some quality additions to the team. I think Collins will prove to be a shrewd bit of business and I would think that we will be one of a few teams that will be prepared to pay transfer fees of 100k + possibly each year/ transfer window. This should also see us push on. GGTTH
    I too am happy with the players he's brought in, it's what he does with them thats the problem! Nobody can say he hasn't been backed, that's what makes it so dissapointing

Celtic had a great team then as did we.
    Motherwell have an average team, were worse.
    Eddie had more idea about football in his little finger, than Pat has in his whole body.
    Even getting beaten while watching Eddies team was 100 times better than watching the eye bleeding tactics from this manager.
    Someone said that Pat was trying to instill a bit of pride in the jersey. Maybe they should watch some games from the tornados era. They will learn more than listening to mr Fenlon.

As I have said above, it's not about ET v PF.

You stated that PF has the worst record at ER and I'm saying he hasn't.

And, I'm also backing him until otherwise! Time to stick together methinks

Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    Until he has a full squad that has had time to bond, blend as a team, I'll back him. He is part of my club and we should be pulling in one direction at this time.

Until he has a full squad that has had time to bond, blend as a team, I'll back him. He is part of my club and we should be pulling in one direction at this time.

@hibs.net private member hibbymick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus52 View Post
    Fenlon wasn't in charge for our League cup final, or any of our ibrox wins and was just a wee kid during that famous new years day game?

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    I'm still behind him. I'm hoping we change tactics rather than change manager, when Vine is in the team this will undoubtedly happen.

well said!

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    I'm still behind him. I'm hoping we change tactics rather than change manager, when Vine is in the team this will undoubtedly happen.
    So am I, but I'm pushing.

0-7 = Endsville