hibs.net Messageboard

First Team Regular

why are "Rangers" playing us in U20 SPFL?

Just got the Motherwell match programme by email, and noticed we are due to play "rangers" in the U20 league. I thought before it was only SPL teams against each other? Or did we play "Rangers" last season too? Or is it now by invite? What are the eligibility rules for the U20 competition?

On a more serious note, the tribute to Lawrie Reilly in the programme brought tears to my eyes.

2. Log in to remove the advert

While I love to kick the new club in the baws at every opportunity, nothing should get in the way of youth development. If they have a full time under 20 team then I want our youngsters matching up to them.

Last season there were 15 teams in the under 20s league, it was all the premier league teams plus some first division.

Think rangers have finally seen the light and know to help and progress their youngsters and help their injured players they need regular games

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oconnors_strip View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Last season there were 15 teams in the under 20s league, it was all the premier league teams plus some first division.

Think rangers have finally seen the light and know to help and progress their youngsters and help their injured players they need regular games
    Rangers were invited last year and turned it down out of spite (hence the odd number in the league).

Pretty sure Dunfermline are in it too.