hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anyone Want To Group Together To Buy East Stand Stones For Smith, Johnstone & Ormond?

*rattling the charity tin smilie* or 'scranners' tin as DD would say

In view of the fact that a statue to honour the Famous Five may take a little time , the PM board has now raised £800 in total to purchase two East Stand Stones: firstly for Eddie Turnbull after he passed away in 2011 and just recently, sadly, to honour the late, great Lawrie Reilly. So, I have been asked to pose the question: should fundrasing continue to honour the other 3 truly magnificent players?

Many posters have said 'YES' so a PayPal account has been set-up specifically for this - eaststandstone@hotmail.co.uk - for anyone who wishes to donate and quite a few pledges have been received already The wording can be decided on in due course

For Lawrie's stone, we have decided on 'I WAS BORN A HIBBY AND I'LL DIE A HIBBY LAWRIE REILLY - LEGEND. The stone we previously purchased for Eddie is pictured below.

£1,197 will be required to purchase the largest stone for each remaining member of The Famous Five so are you in?

Monies received = £390.............................................Monies pledged = £0

***PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR USER NAME IN THE 'NOTE' FIELD SO I CAN LINK YOUR KIND DONATION TO THE PAYPAL ENTRY - THANKS!***

Last edited by FranckSuzy; 08-08-2013 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Added PB's donation

2. Log in to remove the advert

Count me in for another £20 on top of the £20 i'm meeting you with on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Count me in for another £20 on top of the £20 i'm meeting you with on Sunday.
    Thanks S

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post
    Thanks S
    i would willingly donate,

@hibs.net private member ano hibby's Avatar
    This is a great idea - contribution sent.
    Well done for organising
    "We've also been unsure about what has happened to the receipts of the players who have been sold."
    George Foulkes BBC website 20/3/08

Quote Originally Posted by B.Wilson View Post
    Thank you! Payment by cash, cheque or PayPal is possible. Please PM me if you would rather not donate by PayPal

Quote Originally Posted by ano hibby View Post
    This is a great idea - contribution sent.
    Well done for organising
    Many thanks and it is my pleasure. My only regret is that I never saw them play

First Team Breakthrough

paypal doesn't seem to recognise e-mail address,

It should have read eaststandstone@hotmail.co.uk. Apologies

@hibs.net private member
    I will donate to his too. We can do this!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    I will donate to his too. We can do this!
    Thanks J

First Team Breakthrough

£20 on its way,

£20 on its way,
    Received. Thank you

@hibs.net private member
    Thats me sent another £20. S

Is there a fund towards bronze statues of the five? I think that would be a more fitting cause for me to part my cash with.
    As I said on the Bounce, I would happily forego my season ticket this season and spend what I would've spent in travel on a direct debit.

Great appeal. ST was a push this year so haven't got spare at the moment but may consider later. Surely Hibs could do extra large ones at cost price?

I salute you all but should the club profit free not have marked this? no taking away from efforts but sad that a 400 stone which costs hibs less commission isnt made for those who seved the club well and who they still try make money from?

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    What's the latest balance?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweep View Post
    Thats me sent another £20. S
    Got it SS Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu View Post
    Is there a fund towards bronze statues of the five? I think that would be a more fitting cause for me to part my cash with.
    As I said on the Bounce, I would happily forego my season ticket this season and spend what I would've spent in travel on a direct debit.
    Not as yet but please feel free to start a collection I agree with what you are saying but fear it could take years. This hopefully will be concluded a bit quicker

Quote Originally Posted by 007 Mickey Weir View Post
    Great appeal. ST was a push this year so haven't got spare at the moment but may consider later. Surely Hibs could do extra large ones at cost price?
    No problem Re part in bold, please see below.

Quote Originally Posted by whiskyhibby View Post
    £20 sent
    Received. Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pacorosssco View Post
    I salute you all but should the club profit free not have marked this? no taking away from efforts but sad that a 400 stone which costs hibs less commission isnt made for those who seved the club well and who they still try make money from?
    I will ask the question at the LWT meeting next week

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    What's the latest balance?
    Monies received = £190

Monies pledged so far = £80

Could the very kind person with the initials SW who sent a payment please PM me? I would like to say thank you for your very generous donation but have no idea who you are in the .net world!
    Last edited by FranckSuzy; 31-07-2013 at 09:44 PM.

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    Donation sent, should be with you now. I hope we can raise enough for these stones. Have you contacted the club? Might get a discount or a top up on funds needed

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    Donation sent, should be with you now. I hope we can raise enough for these stones. Have you contacted the club? Might get a discount or a top up on funds needed
    Got it Thanks very much. I was going to bring it up on Wednesday at the Let's Work Together meeting. I'll phone the company tomorrow though and test the water GGTTH.

Not as yet but please feel free to start a collection I agree with what you are saying but fear it could take years. This hopefully will be concluded a bit quicker
    Of course it may take years, but it'll not take less time if we wait to implement a fund.
    I hope something is set-up as soon as possible as it would be a throughly fitting memorial from the fans.

I'll ask the club but I doubt they will have any plans for something when they are usually charity/fan-funded.

Of course it may take years, but it'll not take less time if we wait to implement a fund.
    I hope something is set-up as soon as possible as it would be a throughly fitting memorial from the fans.

I'll ask the club but I doubt they will have any plans for something when they are usually charity/fan-funded.
    Go for it Nothing stopping you From the fans IMHO will be the only way it's going to be done in a timely fashion. Maybe run a poll on here and The Bounce and see what responses you get..? A PayPal a/c is easy enough to set up but I fear the cost of a statue may be prohibitive. Maybe you could contact the St Pat's HSC and ask for details of the bust they commissioned and take it from there Good luck

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Would it not be a better idea to just get your ST and stick a fiver in the pot for the stones? Or just buy your ST and leave it at that?

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton Handling View Post
    Would it not be a better idea to just get your ST and stick a fiver in the pot for the stones? Or just buy your ST and leave it at that?
    Sorry, I don't understand your post.

I own a ST but I don't see what the relevance of having a season ticket is to a fund for a Famous Five statue?

Go for it Nothing stopping you From the fans IMHO will be the only way it's going to be done in a timely fashion. Maybe run a poll on here and The Bounce and see what responses you get..? A PayPal a/c is easy enough to set up but I fear the cost of a statue may be prohibitive. Maybe you could contact the St Pat's HSC and ask for details of the bust they commissioned and take it from there Good luck
    I cannot single-handedly set up such a thing, I was merely enquiring.

I was considering emailing Tom whatshisname that done the Bobby Robson & Milburn statue (I think).
    I don't think I have the knowledge or experience to fundraise for such a thing and I assumed an official charity endorsed by the club would have to do this…

Sorry, I don't understand your post.

I own a ST but I don't see what the relevance of having a season ticket is to a fund for a Famous Five statue?
    Your own post #14 should explain. All that foregoing your cash as you said on the Bounce? Just forego a pound!

Right. Paypal gone for the 4. Skint, but I owe it to myself.

@hibs.net private member surreyhibbie's Avatar
    Done.
    Alcohol IS the answer, but I forget the question...