hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Email to Rod Petrie

I sent an email to the board last week after the thrashing by Malmo. I was expecting, if nothing else, an acknowledgement. What did I get ............ nothing. So I've sent Mr Petrie another today. Will I get a reply, doubt it. However, this just shows the kind of total malaise within Easter Road, they appear to me to be keeping their heads down instead of trying to steady the ship and at the very least communicating with the club's supporters.

2. Log in to remove the advert

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Perhaps you need Sidney to help out?

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Steady the ship or answer e mails?

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    I guess Fleet maybe a little far but there's a wee meeting coming up with LWT..
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by jonty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Perhaps you need Sidney to help out?
    Basildon Bond has never had it so good! And when his wife finds out she'll be furious ;)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012

Sorry but how many other idiots are emailing him?! Do you really think he needs to be told what an embarrassment was last week?! Would you not rather he spend every day trying to fix the club, or would you rather he sat down and he replied to every single angry person who wastes there time and his stating the obvious? Get a grip!!

@hibs.net private member
    Sure he has got better things to do with his time than replying to every email he gets. Perhaps he is trying to agree terms with another player, find out Pat's plans and thoughts going forward, help get things ready for the new season, take part in a debate about Hearts at the SFA headquarters? Why don't you go to the LWT meeting where the board will be represented and ask your questions there? Funny how this was posted just as someone commented on the LWT thread about folk that can't be bothered going would be making postings such as yours. Funny how few posting you have made since 2007 then you come out with this. Maybe you would be better keeping an eye on Brokeback or baking a cake to save a once famous club.

Fire a copy up. It would be good to see what he's ignoring.

First Team Breakthrough GraniteCityHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trev. View Post
    sorry but how many other idiots are emailing him?! Do you really think he needs to be told what an embarrassment was last week?! Would you not rather he spend every day trying to fix the club, or would you rather he sat down and he replied to every single angry person who wastes there time and his stating the obvious? Get a grip!!
    this!!

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fleethibee View Post
    I sent an email to the board last week after the thrashing by Malmo. I was expecting, if nothing else, an acknowledgement. What did I get ............ nothing. So I've sent Mr Petrie another today. Will I get a reply, doubt it. However, this just shows the kind of total malaise within Easter Road, they appear to me to be keeping their heads down instead of trying to steady the ship and at the very least communicating with the club's supporters.
    Dear Fleet Hibie,

Dank ya' fo' yo' email which ah' found in mah' spam flita' whilst lookin' fo' de growd enlargement email ah' deleted. ah' ain't noted da damn points ya' highlighted.

To be fair pal, ah' duzn't care whut ya' dink. Ya' know? You's duzn't know nuthin about runnin' some ball some club, so's why on eard would ah' wuzte mah' time eyeballin' yo' reacshunary rolll. Could ya' assemble some betta' side? No! Right on! Could ya' run some ball club? No! Right on! So's who cares?

Yo' 'opinions' such as dey are, is about as well fo'med as Stevie Fulton's coupon. 'S coo', bro. Dey is also repeated parrot fashion by de oda' couple uh hundred emails we dig afta' any baaaad defeat. Man! Yeah, duzn't tell me 'Fenlon out' o' sump'n. Very baaaad.

Bottom line, when we provide fo'ums t'get da damn 'suppo'ters' involved in runnin' de club, nae **** turns down cuz' den ya''d gots'ta provide actual solushuns t'de issues ya' raise and deal wid doodads likes reality and trud. Youse much happia' bein' some victim and ah' duzn't care if ya' is a season ticket holder. Ah be baaad... dat's £300 spent WHOOOOPIE DOOOOOOOOO. You's real is ridiculous in every conceivable way. Slap mah fro!

Now, I've gots two goats fum caterin' comin' t'see me in some minute so's I suppose I'd betta' make an effo't so's erm, yeah, dank ya' fo' cintued suppo't errr we's all wo'kin' togeda' to make da damn Hibernian fammily de pinnacle uh ermm Spo'tin' whuteva' and compete at da damn top end uh de table t'achieve spo'tin' success o' sump'n.

Now do one and let's neva' hear fum ya' again. 'S coo', bro.

All de best

Roderick Petrie.

Seriously... Calculate how many minutes it would take to read/think about/then respond per email.... times that by thousands and how many could you do in a week?

They do get back through time to serious points, but this will just be a deluge of abuse just now.
    Keep the faith, we will improve through August.
    Last edited by Shaggy; 30-07-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I sent Petrie a note on carrier pigeon as soon as I got home from the Malmo game and he still hasnt replied, or returned my pigeon. Disgraceful way to run a football club.

Quote Originally Posted by Trev. View Post
    Sorry but how many other idiots are emailing him?! Do you really think he needs to be told what an embarrassment was last week?! Would you not rather he spend every day trying to fix the club, or would you rather he sat down and he replied to every single angry person who wastes there time and his stating the obvious? Get a grip!!
    I've known MD's of bigger business than Hibs replying to customer emails, I would suggest it is an embarrassment calling people you don't know idiots, for all you know, Trev may be a youngster.
    Last edited by Ray_; 30-07-2013 at 12:29 PM.

I sent Paul McCartney an email saying reform the band,
    and I'll play lead electric kettle replacing Beatle Ed.
    Not a peep, damn busy millionaire rock stars.
    Glad I never even bothered typing one to the Tache.

No wonder - Macca IS Beatle Ed

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumner View Post
    I sent Paul McCartney an email saying reform the band,
    and I'll play lead electric kettle replacing Beatle Ed.
    Not a peep, damn busy millionaire rock stars.
    Glad I never even bothered typing one to the Tache.
    Did you mean the Beatles, or Wings, the band they could have been?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TreadsoneScot
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Did you mean the Beatles, or Wings, the band they could have been?
    Partridge. A-ha.

Anyone who thinks that Rodders has to read an email for Hibs to respond shouldn't be calling anyone else an idiot.

Writing emails isnt my thing but supporters get criticised on here for not going along to Q&As to let their feelings be known but then mocked for trying to engage the club in other ways.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Maybe if the Tache could have taken the time to put his thoughts on the official site, Hibs fans (or idiots as some refer to them) would not feel the desire to e-mail him.

It seems to me that the board/Rod have taken the attitude of '0-7! ach just ignore it, it will go away eventually and the IDIOTS will still up every week anyway'.

Many thanks for your supportive responses. I particularly like the one that calls me an idiot. My post was supposed to be my view on how I see the club, remember I said MY view.

Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    Maybe if the Tache could have taken the time to put his thoughts on the official site, Hibs fans (or idiots as some refer to them) would not feel the desire to e-mail him.

It seems to me that the board/Rod have taken the attitude of '0-7! ach just ignore it, it will go away eventually and the IDIOTS will still up every week anyway'.
    Why would anyone want him to do that?

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    I sent Petrie a note on carrier pigeon as soon as I got home from the Malmo game and he still hasnt replied, or returned my pigeon. Disgraceful way to run a football club.

Many thanks for your supportive responses. I particularly like the one that calls me an idiot. My post was supposed to be my view on how I see the club, remember I said MY view.
    What did your e-mail say?

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    i got a telegram through the other day in error... Makes sense now...

Got the pigeon. Tasted wonderful. Many thanks. Rod. STOP

At least someone is now acknowledging. They have just responded by saying Thank you for your email it has been passed to the relevant department for their attention they will responded in due course.

regards.

Reception
    The Hibernian Football Club Limited
    Easter Road Stadium, 12 Albion Place, Edinburgh. EH7 5QG
    Phone +44 (0) 131 661 2159
    Fax +44 (0) 131 659 6488

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The fact that Rod is ignoring you is probably that he thinks you are a Yam on the windup. It's his defence for any uncomfortable questions.

"Mr" Petrie is usually a better approach for this sort of thing. Shows the proper respect and deference.

Can I ask, have you considered UPPER CASE to emphasise HOW MUCH THIS MEANS? It is also customary to respectfully point out you KNOW WHERE THEY LIVE!!!!

If all else fails, threaten to kill him, it worked for the Yams.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Fire a copy up. It would be good to see what he's ignoring.
    At least someone is now acknowledging. They have just responded by saying Thank you for your email it has been passed to the relevant department for their attention they will responded in due course.

regards.

Reception
    The Hibernian Football Club Limited
    Easter Road Stadium, 12 Albion Place, Edinburgh. EH7 5QG
    Phone +44 (0) 131 661 2159
    Fax +44 (0) 131 659 6488

Can you post a copy on here? I would like to read it too. I fear for Mikey though. He must be feeling a bit like you at the moment, with all those requests going unanswered.

GG

It was his view in pictorial form...

image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by vivapalmeiras View Post
    i got a telegram through the other day in error... Makes sense now...

Got the pigeon. Tasted wonderful. Many thanks. Rod. Stop
    pmsl

First Team Breakthrough DanHFC1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post

I agree with the above. Think some people are far to quick to jump down peoples throats on here at times. An official statement should have been made. There was an excellent turn out by the fans,..... Oh and guess what I left at half time.

Awaiting the abuse. ;-)