hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Motherwell Game

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar

Motherwell Game

I reckon we will bounce back and beat them 3-1 with a collins getting two and vine one.

Maybe the malmo game will turn into a positive.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by bighairyfaeleith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I reckon we will bounce back and beat them 3-1 with a collins getting two and vine one.

I am sure I read Vine is suspended?
    Cougars!!!

I Agree, it might be the eternal hibee in me rising up after being beaten down again but I think we will beat Motherwell.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post

I am sure I read Vine is suspended?
    Yep him and Forster are suspended

Mullen, Hanlon and Stevenson, that's our defence as it stands at the moment. We're goosed unless we bring someone in this week.

i wish i shared your optimism , unfortunatly the realist in me see's that defence of ours getting torn apart by a now fit mcfadden and another heavy defeat being on the cards .

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    We'll lose.

We've hardly enough fit or eligible players to field a team.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    We won't defend and we will lose, really want to be positive but motherwell will outscore us, delighted to be wrong but they really seemed to enjoy playing us last season.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by HH_MYB View Post
    I Agree, it might be the eternal hibee in me rising up after being beaten down again but I think we will beat Motherwell.
    The MYB forever youthful and optimistic

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to this game yet. I can only hope the team have had their wake up call and put up some fight. As win on the first game of the season would be a bit of a boost. Although last year we lost our first game 3-0 and pushed on from there . I just hope we beat the yams the following week!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    We'll lose.

We've hardly enough fit or eligible players to field a team.
    Would help improve our chances though if our manager played players in their best positions, what's the point in bringing Liam Craig to Easter Road and playing him on the left wing and wee Lewis at right back - jeezo !!!

Agreed. Nothing to suggest whatsoever that we won't win.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    We won't defend and we will lose, really want to be positive but motherwell will outscore us, delighted to be wrong but they really seemed to enjoy playing us last season.

Ahem, Motherwell 0 - Hibs 4?

Not every time, surely.

Coaching Staff
    When you think of our good run early last year just missing one or two of those guys would have been an issue.

We are looking at not having from that team:

McPake
    Clancy
    McGivern
    Claros
    Deegan
    Wotherspoon
    Cairney
    Griffiths
    Doyle

Scary!

These injuries give us a chance to play a proper football player at the back, someone who reads the game and can play the ball intelligently on the ground.

If back and fit I would put Claros back there, he would stroll through the game.

I remember watching Blackley, Macnamara & Sauzee (sorry if spelt wrong) playing that role and what a difference it makes when players are composed on the ball. Failing Claros I would put Thomson there instead.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Ahem, Motherwell 0 - Hibs 4?

Not every time, surely.

Was aware of that when I went into print so expected a response

I was at the 0-4 game but I don't think we bossed it the way Motherwell bossed us in other games - their fight back at ER last time for example. We certainly scored more goals in our win but I guess we maybe never went expecting to win, I think quite a few teams like Motherwell have got too used to turning up against us and winning / dominating.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by coldingham hibs View Post
    These injuries give us a chance to play a proper football player at the back, someone who reads the game and can play the ball intelligently on the ground.

If back and fit I would put Claros back there, he would stroll through the game.

I remember watching Blackley, Macnamara & Sauzee (sorry if spelt wrong) playing that role and what a difference it makes when players are composed on the ball. Failing Claros I would put Thomson there instead.
    Is Claros a Hibs player?
    Cougars!!!

Was aware of that when I went into print so expected a response

I was at the 0-4 game but I don't think we bossed it the way Motherwell bossed us in other games - their fight back at ER last time for example. We certainly scored more goals in our win but I guess we maybe never went expecting to win, I think quite a few teams like Motherwell have got too used to turning up against us and winning / dominating.

I know and I agree with your general point regarding their dominance over the season.

I just thought it was important to be pedantic, as it's expected on these boards.

First Team Breakthrough

I mind i used to be as optimistic like you are with this post. I think Fenlon remaining in charge will scupper any chance of Hibs resembling a football team let along take on a well organised and well managed Motherwell. Hibs at the present moment are out of their depth in the top division under Fenlons mis-guidance.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Based on players that have left and players that have been retained, Stuart McCall has had a bigger rebuilding job to do the summer than we have, so they should really be facing the same problems that we are. Expect a draw. 1-1.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    I know and I agree with your general point regarding their dominance over the season.

I just thought it was important to be pedantic, as it's expected on these boards.
    Couldn't you have at least made a spelling or grammatical mistake so I could pedantically respond in kind?!

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    When you think of our good run early last year just missing one or two of those guys would have been an issue.

We are looking at not having from that team:

McPake
    Clancy
    McGivern
    Claros
    Deegan
    Wotherspoon
    Cairney
    Griffiths
    Doyle

Scary!
    Is there any news McGivern?

Obviously we were always going to miss Griffiths but otherwise our problems for this game stem more from injury and suspension. If Forster and Vine were available I wouldn't be worried about not having any of the above. Particularly Deegan and Claros.

If McGivern is fit and Collins is signed and available I'm in the minority of fancying our chances. Not a fan of Fenlon but I still think he's signed enough good SPL level players to be competitive.

Couldn't you have at least made a spelling or grammatical mistake so I could pedantically respond in kind?!

Waht kind of speling mistik wood you lyke?

I'm afraid I don't share you optimism TBH. We are going to have a very weak make shift back four so Motherwell will really have a go at us knowing that we wont be able to handle lots of pressure. If we walked away with a draw i'd be happy.

Sorry to be so negative but just trying to be realistic. I hope obviously that I am proved wrong and we can open the season with a win and give the fans a much needed lift after last Thursday.

BTW why is Forster suspended?

I'll be there, but I have zero excitement about it. Obviously I'm hoping that we'll bounce right back from Thursday, but I expect Motherwell will blast out to try to get an early goal in the hope that it'll put the stands in to meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSeven View Post
    I'm afraid I don't share you optimism TBH. We are going to have a very weak make shift back four so Motherwell will really have a go at us knowing that we wont be able to handle lots of pressure. If we walked away with a draw i'd be happy.

Sorry to be so negative but just trying to be realistic. I hope obviously that I am proved wrong and we can open the season with a win and give the fans a much needed lift after last Thursday.

BTW why is Forster suspended?
    Presumably picked up too many yellows in last part of last season. I think it's a daft rule, surely they should be wiped as last seasons competition has ended. Different if someone is sent off for violent conduct on the last day but yellows should be wiped in my view.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xoROOSKYox

Motherwell on Sunday

So, hopefully we can bounce back after the Malmo game but we're not going to dwell on that too much... Match predictions? Your team line-up's or what you think the attendance may be? I'm going to go for 2-1 to Hibs. After calming down and reflecting on the Malmo match, I believe it was a complete fluke. The first four times Malmo came forward they were 4-0 up! The defending was unacceptable and for that I've shuffled it up a bit. My team would probably be: Williams, Mullen, Forster, McGivern, Stevenson; Harris, Tudur-Jones, Thomson, Craig; Vine, Collins. As for the attendance, due to again the Malmo game I don't think we will get a big crowd at all so I'm going to go for somewhere around 9,500 and 10,000. Hopefully we can silence the critics, get a good start to the season and hopefully make it a successful one! GGTTH!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    1st game of the league campaign, Motherwell are good to watch, Collins signing. Should be a decent day.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by FromTheCapital View Post
    So, hopefully we can bounce back after the Malmo game but we're not going to dwell on that too much... Match predictions? Your team line-up's or what you think the attendance may be? I'm going to go for 2-1 to Hibs. After calming down and reflecting on the Malmo match, I believe it was a complete fluke. The first four times Malmo came forward they were 4-0 up! The defending was unacceptable and for that I've shuffled it up a bit. My team would probably be: Williams, Mullen, Forster, McGivern, Stevenson; Harris, Tudur-Jones, Thomson, Craig; Vine, Collins. As for the attendance, due to again the Malmo game I don't think we will get a big crowd at all so I'm going to go for somewhere around 9,500 and 10,000. Hopefully we can silence the critics, get a good start to the season and hopefully make it a successful one! GGTTH!
    A pity 3 of your team won't be able to play!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    A pity 3 of your team won't be able to play!
    Indeed. Is there not an existing thread covering this? Vine and Forster suspended and McGivern serious doubt - or is he definitely out?

OTJ as a makeshift centre back? Gareth Southgate style......