hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Magnificent Hibs fans

Just would like to say that I have rarely experienced such a magnificent atmosphere last 20 mins of the game. The song went on for 40 minutes non stop and I'm exhausted and it was applauded by malmo fans,,even some to the side of us singing and joining in,,what a brilliant performance and apart from 2 super Malmo goals I am a very proud Hibby tonight!! Well done boys and girls...

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    Ten out of ten fans were superb

The song is still going in Drumbar!

Maybe Hibs are continuing the new craze into the new season...

Lets sing and chant whilst getting gubbed.

More like the TA every day.

@hibs.net private member ano hibby's Avatar
    What's was the new song?
    "We've also been unsure about what has happened to the receipts of the players who have been sold."
    George Foulkes BBC website 20/3/08

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ano hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's was the new song?
    Yes I too am intrigued

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by SkintHibby View Post

So they all go on a trip to sweden to moan and drink their sorrows? They are entitled to enjoy themselves.

Fans sounded great on the stream.

Oh aye and what was the song?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Pretty awesome to be honest. One pint in the Drumbar then bed for me. Back is knackered. The bairn drinks on though!!!

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Aye to hell with the actual fitba. Who really cares about that. ( no rolling eyes smiley available on phone)

Wish the team played as well as the supporters sing/cheer. The displays at the recent S/C finals outdid our opponents , we out sang then from the PBS and again tonight the fans were by all accounts , brilliant.

Absolutely no need for this tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanduff View Post
    Yes I too am intrigued
    Hard to describe as there aren't really any words! Went on for well over half an hour, I'm sure it'll turn up on YouTube.

Can someone start it next week and see if we can go for the whole game? We were halfway there tonight!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: EdinburghHibee86
    The boys and girls out there deserve a well done... pity the players didn't give the same effort or hunger... never mind we are still "rebuilding".

I'm wondering if this "song" isn't just made up - a truly hilarious, side-splitting in-joke among those that are lucky enough to be over yonder just now. Youse'll be rumbled next week, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Fans sounded great on the stream.

Oh aye and what was the song?
    I watched the Malmö stream and all I could hear was the wall of sound from that great all-standing stand.
    I seen plenty of movement from the Hibs section at the end but the Malmö fans msut've drowned most of it out.

I heard a subtle 'green & white army' every so often though. I would've loved to have been there, it looks like a great stadium too.

Quote Originally Posted by eric.hibsfan View Post
    Wish the team played as well as the supporters sing/cheer. The displays at the recent S/C finals outdid our opponents , we out sang then from the PBS and again tonight the fans were by all accounts , brilliant.
    Not at the recent one, in my opinion. Although it was a duplicate of our semi-final display, it completely exceeded any that we done. I thought the black/green was awful as well as the star/cup and castle. I think more involvement from the support as a whole will better supporters groups rather than make such things so exclusive.
    Last edited by PerfectlyFranck; 18-07-2013 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OsloHibs View Post
    Absolutely no need for this tonight.
    Apologies.

Brilliant fans but hate the way Hibs are going.

I work in the wild west and people tore strips off me for Hibs fans celebrating getting horsed by Celtic.

First Team Regular
    We weren't celebrating getting horsed, we were supporting our team :-)

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Apologies.

Brilliant fans but hate the way Hibs are going.

I work in the wild west and people tore strips off me for Hibs fans celebrating getting horsed by Celtic.
    I work in the West too. Get over yourself. If you canny hack the weegie/Ayrshire banter you'll not last long...
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

First Team Breakthrough GraniteCityHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Aye to hell with the actual fitba. Who really cares about that. ( no rolling eyes smiley available on phone)
    Yeah you're dead right.

Could all those who had a good time at the game and cheered your team on even though they didnt deliver for you please go and step in a hot bathvand skash both wrists.

(Rolling eyes smiley right back at you)

Promising Youngster London Hibee's Avatar
    The guy in front of me started the song, he was completely drunk and didn't really know what he was singing, then a couple of us joined in, including Blackpool Hibs, I contributed
    the "Hi-bees" element and before we knew it, the whole Hibs end was singing it for the next 40 minutes or so

[QUOTE=Mon Dieu;3679810]I watched the Malmö stream and all I could hear was the wall of sound from that great all-standing stand.
    I seen plenty of movement from the Hibs section at the end but the Malmö fans msut've drowned most of it out.

I heard a subtle 'green & white army' every so often though. I would've loved to have been there, it looks like a great stadium too.

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=Times]

the singing for the last half hour was the hibs fans, not drowned out at all ??

FFS. Folk fly to Sweden to watch Hibs, we get beat and they're criticised by some for making the most of it?

If I'd had the cash to go at short notice I would have been bouncing and singing with them til the end.

God knows it's hard enough supporting Hibs without not being allowed to try and have fun while you're at.

The song came across well on my TV, btw. First I thought it was Malmo as I didn't recognise the tune and it was so loud, then I heard the "Hibees!"

Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli View Post
    FFS. Folk fly to Sweden to watch Hibs, we get beat and they're criticised by some for making the most of it?

If I'd had the cash to go at short notice I would have been bouncing and singing with them til the end.

God knows it's hard enough supporting Hibs without not being allowed to try and have fun while you're at.

The song came across well on my TV, btw. First I thought it was Malmo as I didn't recognise the tune and it was so loud, then I heard the "Hibees!"
    absolutely, folk need to get a grip..

Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    The song is still going in Drumbar!
    Sitting on a terrace, drinking beer getting up at5am for flight,,to dangerous for Drum bar,,,wish I was there :-(

No idea why there should be negativity...we followed the team,, Malmo is a fantastic city...people are lovely,,great to walk to the stadium with a group from the city,,300 hundred or so,,sang all the way,,we were simply outplayed by a very good team and we had some short spells of possession,,lacked match sharpness,,the fans however, were brilliant and applauded by the Malmo supporters,,bring on next week...now if Carlsberg did football second legs,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by 7Hero View Post
    absolutely, folk need to get a grip..

Totally agree. What I'd like to know is what would people who are moaning about the fans showing defiance in defeat would prefer?

Easter Road has been a horrible place for the team to play in event years because of the negative fans- our results reflect it. New positive support is great.

Saw this on twitter

Hibs fans still singing at full time in Malmö, despite losing 2-0 #GGTTH pic.twitter.com/Kv2x9uOcHt

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    Totally agree. What I'd like to know is what would people who are moaning about the fans showing defiance in defeat would prefer?

Easter Road has been a horrible place for the team to play in event years because of the negative fans- our results reflect it. New positive support is great.
    Triple this. We need to start shedding the negativity. If a player is crap, the manager should sort it - Behind closed doors. If the team are getting humped in spite of giving 100%, then we are clearly playing a better side/having a bad day. If your mood is bad - Improve it!