hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Player ratings

Player ratings

Was unable to see the game tonight so any chance of a view on how players played?
    Cheers

2. Log in to remove the advert

Williams 9

Stevenson 4
    McPake 4
    Forster 5
    Hanlon 4

Craig 6
    Tudor Jones 5
    Thomson 7
    Taiwo 6
    Handling 4

Vine 6

Robertson 6
    Harris 6
    Caldwell no time
    Last edited by Pretty Boy; 18-07-2013 at 07:44 PM.

Williams was outstanding!!

Williams 9

Stevenson 5
    McPake 4
    Forster 5
    Hanlon 5

Craig 7
    Tudor Jones 4
    Thomson 7
    Taiwo 6
    Handling 4

Vine 5

Robertson 6
    Harris 6

First Team Regular
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MC_Humo
    Vine wad he's a poor mans Nish and thats saying something!

For me williams and Thompson are the only ones who get pass marks
    Last edited by MSK; 18-07-2013 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Swear filter

Quote Originally Posted by Humo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Didn't get a chance to watch it but I think I'll reserve judgement on that one ta.
    Last edited by MSK; 18-07-2013 at 07:53 PM.

Absolute nonsense re Vine.

Was nowhere near match fit and had minimal service but won his fair share in the air, had some decent hold up play that created a couple of half chances, almost scored and worked hard for the team.

Seeing what you want to see imo.
    Last edited by MSK; 18-07-2013 at 07:54 PM.

First Team Regular
    Gamer IDs

If vine is all fenlon can come up with after weeks of knowing we wouldn't have doyle or griffiths then he should get the boot. That said if he scores the winner at tynie I'll grow a beard

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Was nowhere near match fit and had minimal service but won his fair share in the air, had some decent hold up play that created a couple of half chances, almost scored and worked hard for the team.

Also won a few free kicks, he'll be a handfull for defenders in the SPL.

For me williams and Thomson are the only ones who get pass marks
    Both will be pivotal for us this season IMHO.

First Team Regular
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Its all very well working hard but if your ***** your *****.

Didn't watch the match but from reading this it looks like we were well beaten. A 9 for Williams and the rest 5s and 6s. Not great reading. Hopefully we can pull it back, 2-0 is difficult but not insubmountable.

Re Vine, it's impossible to tell anything about a player after 1 game. I remember people saying Stokes was pash and would never score goals. Sure there are plenty others. Lets give him some time before judging him.

And what are you basing this on?

Only thing that's ***** is what your typing

Not even going to dignify this with a response because it's trolling at it's worst.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_S View Post
    Didn't watch the match but from reading this it looks like we were well beaten. A 9 for Williams and the rest 5s and 6s. Not great reading. Hopefully we can pull it back, 2-0 is difficult but not insubmountable.

Re Vine, it's impossible to tell anything about a player after 1 game. I remember people saying Stokes was pash and would never score goals. Sure there are plenty others. Lets give him some time before judging him.
    We weren't that bad, defensively we struggled but we played some decent stuff in spells.

Vine did pretty well tonight, i'm baffled why anyone would pick him out for criticism. He's clearly not the quickest and i don't think he's got that many tricks up his sleeve but it's obvious he's a good team player, something we've not had up front for years.

Well the St Johnstone support who saw him put in 30 odd performances last year didn't seem to think he was *****. I'll go by their opinion for now.

First Team Breakthrough Leighonel's Avatar

Haha.

I thought vines hold up play, link up, strength and touch were all good considering he hasnt trained or played much and we didnt really get the ball to him.

Williams has kept us in the tie and is well deserving of the 9's, Thomson wasnt far behind. KT played behind the midfield 4 but he was our biggest threat from midfield, so much control and composure.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: EdinburghHibee86
    For me I'm gonna have a right go at our defence tonight. Embarrassing its the only word I can think of that won't get **** out. Everyone and their dug knows we are terrible at crosses yet we allow their players to swing balls in without any pressure. On two separate occasions tonight I counted times when a Malmo player was in on goal and hibs defence stepped up thinking he was going to cut it back only for us to give him a free shot on goal!! In my eyes simple things we got wrong tonight are we played Stevenson at Right back even though he has very rarely played there in the last 2-3 years and instead of protecting him we put Handling at right mid!!!! now I'll be first to admit I'm not a manager or a coach at any level but surely against the teams who managed to make it to Europe if you have a weakness such as Stevenson at right back then you need to help the lad by protecting him. The amount of times they just waltzed through us on our right flank was ridiculous. For what its worth I don't even think they were that good, certainly don't believe that if they were to play us in say November they would beat us. Their match fitness and match sharpness was the winning factor for them tonight coupled with our shocking defending. Ben Williams was the only thing tonight that stopped us taking a pasting from an average team. However getting a weeks worth of training and a full (partially full) ER may just swing this tie in our favour.

Jheezo doesn't sound to promising! Glad to hear Thomson was good, how was the attacking options through handling vine and Craig?

First Team Breakthrough bandylegs_jLeighton's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: dmcattack
    Williams was very good.

The makeshift defence were shaky, Stevenson and McPake looking most vulnerable.

Midfield played decent stuff in small spells. Thomson was by far the best in that he looked very comfortable playing at that level. Out of the two new boys Craig done better than Jones - his set pieces were good.

Vine done pretty well considering he's not had a proper preseason, and was up top on his own.

First Team Regular steviehibsleith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bandylegs_jLeighton View Post
    Williams was very good.

The makeshift defence were shaky, Stevenson and McPake looking most vulnerable.

Midfield played decent stuff in small spells. Thomson was by far the best in that he looked very comfortable playing at that level. Out of the two new boys Craig done better than Jones - his set pieces were good.

Vine done pretty well considering he's not had a proper preseason, and was up top on his own.
    Why is it a makeshift defence ? All four are defenders just because ones asked to play wingback instead of CH and one play left back instaed of right back well im sorry if the defence was as poor as everyone is saying i see no excuse. Young Forster aside as I havent seen enough of him and his age, the other three are not good enough . A fit Mcpake I would take but I dont think we are going to see that , he doesnt play enough and his hiding back issues. Hanlon and Stevenson have been part of a weak defence for 3 years . This isnt a knee jerk shout they are rank and have been for a while and if it wasnt for Big Ben how much worse coud it be.

First Team Breakthrough bandylegs_jLeighton's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: dmcattack
    I hear what your saying about the defence being crap, but you can't argue that it's not makeshift when 2 of our regular starters were out injured, and half of the back 4 were playing out of position.

There is a massive difference between playing centre back and fullback. It's also a tough ask for Stevenson playing against a tricky wide player at right back when he is so predominately left footed.

Still can't understand why Forster didn't plat at RB, he's played there before and a natural right footer. A back 4 of Forster. McPake. Hanlon. Stevenson. would make a lot more sense, listening to Sportsound, Stevenson was continually switching the ball to his left peg??

@hibs.net private member
    Hibs were not as bad as some on here are making out. But Stevenson is not a right back, likewise Hanlons no full back. Williams was our best player but Thompson and Tawio did well. Vine held the ball up and linked up play. OTJ struggled and Hibs improved when he went off.

They just lack match sharpness/ fitness remember Malmo are half way through their season and that showed. Having said that possesion stats suggest we 51%, 7 shots on targetd etc .. With a big crowd on thursday showing " the spitit of Athens game" we could give them a real fright. Fenlon really needs to find a proper striker or 2 as he has had plenty of time and we have missed all of our targets. wasnt too convinced by the back 4 either...mcpake hasnt had much game time either and it was an inexperienced back 4.

@hibs.net private member
    Not nearly as bad a performance as some would have you believe. Certainly in the first half hour or so Malmo looked like a side riding high at the top of their league half way through the season, but thereafter I thought Hibs took the game to them and were a wee bit unfortunate not to get the away goal.
    Williams did his job well and was our MOM but the rest of the side did OK and did not look like a team still in pre-season. I was left with the overriding impression that we are far from out of this tie - and I think the team will feel the same.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steviehibsleith View Post
    Why is it a makeshift defence ? All four are defenders just because ones asked to play wingback instead of CH and one play left back instaed of right back well im sorry if the defence was as poor as everyone is saying i see no excuse. Young Forster aside as I havent seen enough of him and his age, the other three are not good enough . A fit Mcpake I would take but I dont think we are going to see that , he doesnt play enough and his hiding back issues. Hanlon and Stevenson have been part of a weak defence for 3 years . This isnt a knee jerk shout they are rank and have been for a while and if it wasnt for Big Ben how much worse coud it be.
    Stevenson is not a RB, Hanlon spent most of the game drifting in to a central position. I believe Forster played regularly at RB and you had Mullen a RB on the bench.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

What happened to McGivern?

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    What happened to McGivern?
    Injured his knee v Raith last week.