hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Morons, Doddie? Is that not an offensive sweeping generalised geographic and demographically specific stereotype in this instance?

If Hibs.Net and other areas where the Hibernians congregate are removed of ironic humour, is there still a Hibs.Net or any conversations still ongoing?

Can we now make sure that the words fud, nugget, diet hun, roaster, trumpet, tube etc are removed from the description of those who follow Heart of Midlothian Football Club as it unfairly generalises what is ultimately a very wide and both culturally and geographically diverse group of 400,000 first rate delusional plums.

Speedway, we're Hibernian.

"Fenlon was also delighted to get his man and insisted that Taylor had been his first choice all along 'twas sum nites craic last night. Hows da form. top of the mornin to ya...ders like loads mor...to be sure to be sure.'"

That is racist stereotyping of our Irish manager nad you know it; if this is now acceptable humour on the net then I don't want to know about it.

Do any n****r impressions while you're at it?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Potato!!!
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post

"Fenlon was also delighted to get his man and insisted that Taylor had been his first choice all along 'twas sum nites craic last night. Hows da form. top of the mornin to ya...ders like loads mor...to be sure to be sure.'"

That is racist stereotyping of our Irish manager nad you know it; if this is now acceptable humour on the net then I don't want to know about it.

Fenlon would love it, all Irish folk are jolly, bit like fat people

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by South Sub View Post
    Surprised no-ones picked him up for use of the word mong actually, I thought that was more likely to get the pc sirens going than the Irish reference tbh.

Maybe I should have used that instead of 'morons'. FWIW, I know a lot of Rangers supporters and members of the LOI around North Lanarkshire who wouldn't stoop to doing a cod music-hall Irish impression like that.

I hadn't actually noticed "mong", but yes - I find that, and other similar insults like "******" and "spazz" that I've seen on this forum in the past equally offensive and unacceptable.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by South Sub View Post
    Surprised no-ones picked him up for use of the word mong actually, I thought that was more likely to get the pc sirens going than the Irish reference tbh.
    Well, since you make that point, I think the word mong is detestable.

It's utterly derogatory and insulting to folk with Down's Syndrome and there are countless words available to use which wouldn't offend people who have that unfortunate condition.

However, I'm not going to waste my time arguing with folk who either haven't got a large enough vocabulary to avoid using it or who get some kind of cheap thrill from doing so.

Katie Hopkins is deliberately offensive too. Same thing.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Fenlon would love it, all Irish folk are jolly, bit like fat people
    Like gay men are all camp and effeminate? ... and Mexicans are all lazy?

First Team Breakthrough GraniteCityHibs's Avatar
    Now you've got it

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    That is just insulting, my gay pal Jesus works hard on the building site

@hibs.net private member Tricla's Avatar
    You're all pikey mongs!

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar

I need to catch up with the hypocrite code here...are we ok to make fun of others as long as it's not our own then?

As this debate descends into a very depressing and hypocritical clambering for a moral high ground, I'd like to point out that the original post was written to suggest absurdity with knowing winks to .net, such as Taylor supposedly commenting on one of the most pathetic debates we ever witnessed on here (is the New East being built to the same height as all the others or has Petrie lied to us again?)

The statement was also designed to then hint that yet another player would, by his own choice, comment on the training facilities, eulogising EM to such an extent that as a potential recipient of prejudice himself, he'd use that same prejudice to employ a derogatory word to describe someone he'd never met, just to emphasise how good EM was. Absurdity, you see?

There was also supposed to be the suggestion that someone had written his quote for him with an obvious anti Collins agenda, as retribution for him leaving us in the lurch the way he did (ala Petrie's Yogi diatribe, now in this instance, re-imagined as a kick out at Collins).

Fenlon's comment would then need be so credibility free as to undermine the whole piece as being legitimate and highlight to even the most gullible that we had not, as yet, actually signed Lyle Taylor.

So I thought the humour worked on several levels using a lot of Hibs recent history as touchstones to create a sense of irony which the reader would be savvy enough to pick up on the nature of the narrative, given that I have over 11,000 posts to my username on here, and then would realise, without the aid of a disclaimer, that this passage was not a literal attempt to ridicule a race, genetic deformation or John Collins as a reflection of personal opinion, but rather a fairly well crafted ironic reflection of our club and it's intricacies.

I suspect the majority got that and the minority were hurt by an imagined attack at...well...minorities.

But of course, to dissect something, you must first kill it....and therefore....futility is just a reply button away.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    I need to catch up with the hypocrite code here...are we ok to make fun of others as long as it's not our own then?

As this debate descends into a very depressing and hypocritical clambering for a moral high ground, I'd like to point out that the original post was written to suggest absurdity with knowing winks to .net, such as Taylor supposedly commenting on one of the most pathetic debates we ever witnessed on here (is the New East being built to the same height as all the others or has Petrie lied to us again?)

The statement was also designed to then hint that yet another player would, by his own choice, comment on the training facilities, eulogising EM to such an extent that as a potential recipient of prejudice himself, he'd use that same prejudice to employ a derogatory word to describe someone he'd never met, just to emphasise how good EM was. Absurdity, you see?

There was also supposed to be the suggestion that someone had written his quote for him with an obvious anti Collins agenda, as retribution for him leaving us in the lurch the way he did (ala Petrie's Yogi diatribe, now in this instance, re-imagined as a kick out at Collins).

Fenlon's comment would then need be so credibility free as to undermine the whole piece as being legitimate and highlight to even the most gullible that we had not, as yet, actually signed Lyle Taylor.

So I thought the humour worked on several levels using a lot of Hibs recent history as touchstones to create a sense of irony which the reader would be savvy enough to pick up on the nature of the narrative, given that I have over 11,000 posts to my username on here, and then would realise, without the aid of a disclaimer, that this passage was not a literal attempt to ridicule a race, genetic deformation or John Collins as a reflection of personal opinion, but rather a fairly well crafted ironic reflection of our club and it's intricacies.

I suspect the majority got that and the minority were hurt by an imagined attack at...well...minorities.

But of course, to dissect something, you must first kill it....and therefore....futility is just a reply button away.
    On behalf of all leprechauns I am offended that you had to explain yourself, so I am.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I love this place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T5K1HxEBCU

The banter G.

why does mexico have a rubbish track and field squad?

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Potato!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I love this place.
    Never fails to amaze eh mate.

I'm a bit late to this discussion so could someone clarify if it's still okay to call plump, ugly ladies fat munters? Surely this isn't likely to cause offence?? Cheers

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    I'm a bit late to this discussion so could someone clarify if it's still okay to call plump, ugly ladies fat munters? Surely this isn't likely to cause offence?? Cheers
    How ugly are you meaning?

Woof woof + oink oink

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    Woof woof + oink oink
    aaaahh....the mother in law !

: