hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar

"Irish" stuff moved from Lyle Taylor thread

Hibernian manager Pat Fenlon last night swooped to beat the UEFA deadline for player registration in Europa League games by securing Falkirk striker Lyle Taylor on an initial two-year deal.

There had been doubt cast over the liklihood of the transfer going through owing to the Bairns accepting a bid from Rotheram for Taylor's services. However the ex-kidderminster hitman insists that he's delighted to finally have sealed his big money move and take the next step in his career.

Taylor commented 'When I knew of Hibs, interest, there was only one club I wanted to be at. It's all here for a player, although I'm not convinced that the new east stand is the same height as the others. All you have to do is look at the training facilities on offer here. The manager who left the day after they opened must have been a right mong. Hopefully this move will provide me with the ideal platform to show Neil Lennon what I can do.'

Fenlon was also delighted to get his man and insisted that Taylor had been his first choice all along 'twas sum nites craic last night. Hows da form. top of the mornin to ya...ders like loads mor...to be sure to be sure.'

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibernian manager Pat Fenlon last night swooped to beat the UEFA deadline for player registration in Europa League games by securing Falkirk striker Lyle Taylor on an initial two-year deal.

There had been doubt cast over the liklihood of the transfer going through owing to the Bairns accepting a bid from Rotheram for Taylor's services. However the ex-kidderminster hitman insists that he's delighted to finally have sealed his big money move and take the next step in his career.

Taylor commented 'When I knew of Hibs, interest, there was only one club I wanted to be at. It's all here for a player, although I'm not convinced that the new east stand is the same height as the others. All you have to do is look at the training facilities on offer here. The manager who left the day after they opened must have been a right mong. Hopefully this move will provide me with the ideal platform to show Neil Lennon what I can do.'

Fenlon was also delighted to get his man and insisted that Taylor had been his first choice all along 'twas sum nites craic last night. Hows da form. top of the mornin to ya...ders like loads mor...to be sure to be sure.'
    link?

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    Hibernian manager Pat Fenlon last night swooped to beat the UEFA deadline for player registration in Europa League games by securing Falkirk striker Lyle Taylor on an initial two-year deal.There had been doubt cast over the liklihood of the transfer going through owing to the Bairns accepting a bid from Rotheram for Taylor's services. However the ex-kidderminster hitman insists that he's delighted to finally have sealed his big money move and take the next step in his career.Taylor commented 'When I knew of Hibs, interest, there was only one club I wanted to be at. It's all here for a player, although I'm not convinced that the new east stand is the same height as the others. All you have to do is look at the training facilities on offer here. The manager who left the day after they opened must have been a right mong. Hopefully this move will provide me with the ideal platform to show Neil Lennon what I can do.' Fenlon was also delighted to get his man and insisted that Taylor had been his first choice all along 'twas sum nites craic last night. Hows da form. top of the mornin to ya...ders like loads mor...to be sure to be sure.'
    AAARRGGGGGHHHHHHI nearly believed that after the first bit

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    AAARRGGGGGHHHHHHI nearly believed that after the first bit
    At least he has saved someone on the official site a bit of typing if it happens. I imagine this would be pretty close to the real life transcript.

First Team Breakthrough

Had me hook, line and sinker after the first bit

Brilliant. Got me as well.

(Automatic ban from Hibs.net?!? - just saying)

Read the first paragraph and delightfully announced to all the Yams at work that Taylor had signed

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar

The sort of lame, insulting drivel you would expect from guys like Jim Davidson and his ilk.

Quote Originally Posted by Meh View Post
    Read the first paragraph and delightfully announced to all the Yams at work that Taylor had signed
    Did the same to my Jambo mate and gave him a GIRFUY. Oops lol

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    The sort of lame, insulting drivel you would expect from guys like Jim Davidson and his ilk.
    You're right, the wording used was an accurate non-ironic representation of my personal attitude towards all Irish people and their stereotypes, employed for cheap laughs at the expensive of political correctness and a modern balanced world view..

WELL spotted.

Nick! Nick!

You're right, the wording used was an accurate non-ironic representation of my personal attitude towards all Irish people and their stereotypes, employed for cheap laughs at the expensive of political correctness and a modern balanced world view..

WELL spotted.

Nick! Nick!

A humour bypass by Carheenlea me thinks

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?

WELL spotted.

Nick! Nick!

Well, IMO it wasn't appropriate. If it doesn't represent your attitude to all Irish people, may we take it that it represents your attitude to Pat Fenlon?

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    Well, IMO it wasn't appropriate. If it doesn't represent your attitude to all Irish people, may we take it that it represents your attitude to Pat Fenlon?
    Yes Doddie, there's nothing I like more than marginalising and trivialising our own.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Yes Doddie, there's nothing I like more than marginalising and trivialising our own.
    Then maybe you shouldn't have posted it?

It's what you get from some of the true blue morons around the Caldera.

Is it not like saying all Scots say "Och aye the noo" etc

Morons, Doddie? Is that not an offensive sweeping generalised geographic and demographically specific stereotype in this instance?

If Hibs.Net and other areas where the Hibernians congregate are removed of ironic humour, is there still a Hibs.Net or any conversations still ongoing?

Can we now make sure that the words fud, nugget, diet hun, roaster, trumpet, tube etc are removed from the description of those who follow Heart of Midlothian Football Club as it unfairly generalises what is ultimately a very wide and both culturally and geographically diverse group of 400,000 first rate delusional plums.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    Some people being a bit too sensitive here.

Can we maybe just discuss Lyle Taylor !?

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar

WELL spotted.

Nick! Nick!
    Quote Originally Posted by jc1 View Post
    A humour bypass by Carheenlea me thinks
    That was humour? Each to there own, and that's the kind of thing that tickles your funnybone then crack on. Can you do a funny impression of a Pakistani man or a West Indian? Maybe a Chinese man. You could even use your fingers to slant your eyes for extra hilarity.

That was humour? Each to there own, and that's the kind of thing that tickles your funnybone then crack on. Can you do a funny impression of a Pakistani man or a West Indian? Maybe a Chinese man. You could even use your fingers to slant your eyes for extra hilarity.
    Perhaps something to do with a potato famine for an encore?

Dearie dearie me

So you actually think he was slagging off the Irish by using words line Craic etc words nearly all Irishmen use, the fact you thought he was mocking all Irishmen is the most ridiculous thing about it.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    You need a lie down.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I love this place.

Left by mutual consent!
    Im in stitches haha.

Quote Originally Posted by jc1 View Post
    Dearie dearie me

So you actually think he was slagging off the Irish by using words line Craic etc words nearly all Irishmen use, the fact you thought he was mocking all Irishmen is the most ridiculous thing about it.
    I didn't see much wrong with Speedway's original post but I think you've missed the point of Carheenlea's and Doddie's argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    I didn't see much wrong with Speedway's original post but I think you've missed the point of Carheenlea's and Doddie's argument.

I didn't miss their point, just thought they were a bit OTT and overly PC about the post.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Surprised no-ones picked him up for use of the word mong actually, I thought that was more likely to get the pc sirens going than the Irish reference tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by South Sub View Post
    Surprised no-ones picked him up for use of the word mong actually, I thought that was more likely to get the pc sirens going than the Irish reference tbh.
    I blame Gervais for that one. Because of him the pc brigade are monged out.

Quote Originally Posted by South Sub View Post
    That's the one I put in to get a reaction. I can only imagine that Hibs.Net moral disgust had swelled to such an incandescent level, that they were unable to express their outrage through the medium of electronically typed characters.

This is hillarious :D

Folk getting offended because someone made a comment on how 99.9% of Irish talk. One of my best mates is from Pakistan and rips the piss out us. Milky boy etc.. People need to realize something... People in all walks of life slag each other, get over it. We get called jocks, we are the only nation that publicly slag ourselves off with the ginger wig hats.

Not getting into a race row because of someone on here, but this world has honestly gone mad it really has. No I'm not condoning racism either, but how come when other races rip us we can't say anything back? I do a cracking Welsh accent does that mean I'm a bad man? Although its borderline Indian so my Welsh uncle says!!!