hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xoROOSKYox

Scottish Cup 2006: Rangers 0-3 Hibs

By far and away, my second favourite Hibs game behind the CIS Cup Final. Massive away support and stuffed the Huns. Unless, I am completely wrong, we were quite poor in the first half but the second half was truly amazing! Anyone got the full match recorded, anywhere I could buy it or watch it online? Been looking for ages!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Was this the Sproule hat-trick? We rogered that deceased club 3v0 so many times at their ground I forget which one is which.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was this the Sproule hat-trick? We rogered that deceased club 3v0 so many times at their ground I forget which one is which.
    No that was the league. Didn't Killen score in this one?

GoC, Sproule, Killen

Gamer IDs

Nope. That was the league match mate. The Cup game was when O'Connor, Sproule and Killen scored.

I thought that trip to ibrox could never be topped.

Until we went through on a wednesday night just a few days after getting humped by the ****.s at ER.

Only about 200 hibees there all expecting the worse and somehow we play like Barca and beat them 3-0. Miller, Rankin and Dicko with the goals.

We weren't poor in the first half, we were just a bit cagier than in the second half, when we absolutely rogered that now deceased club.

Probably best that they're dead now as it was getting a bit boring, riding them 3-0 at Ibrox all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by wearethehibs View Post

Until we went through on a wednesday night just a few days after getting humped by the ****.s at ER.

Only about 200 hibees there all expecting the worse and somehow we play like Barca and beat them 3-0. Miller, Rankin and Dicko with the goals.
    What a goal from Rankin Miller's wasnae bad either.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by BarneyK View Post
    What a goal from Rankin Miller's wasnae bad either.
    Was that not the early days of the Calderwood era? Thought he was Mourinho after this game

Left by mutual consent!
    Best game I've ever been too, will remember it for the rest of my days. We owned Ibrox/Glasgow that day.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x-ZZfEOzBPE#
    (Copy and paste)
    Last edited by BOB MARLEYS DUG; 12-07-2013 at 01:16 PM.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Have the whole game on my PC.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Video quality is bad, but we weren't

Highlight of the match was Stephen Glass yellow card. A more skillful booking I have yet to witness as he puts out a lovely backheel to trip up a bypassing hun.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FromTheCapital View Post
    By far and away, my second favourite Hibs game behind the CIS Cup Final. Massive away support and stuffed the Huns. Unless, I am completely wrong, we were quite poor in the first half but the second half was truly amazing! Anyone got the full match recorded, anywhere I could buy it or watch it online? Been looking for ages!!
    There are some you tube videos kicking around.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    There are some you tube videos kicking around.

Remember Simon Brown making an absolutely world class save in the 1st half.

Think Thomson got injured early doors and Michael Stewart came on and had a great game.

Also Scott Brown playing on with a broken leg and blowing kisses at the huns, they were going mental.

Best part was they spent the previous 2 weeks desperatly trying to unsettle Riordan, rumours of a bid, tentative approaches etc. Mowbray took the decision to leave him on the bench and we still ****ed them.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    The football expert that is Charlie Nicholas saying at half time that he still fancied Rangers to go through. Happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Think Thomson got injured early doors and Michael Stewart came on and had a great game.

Also Scott Brown playing on with a broken leg and blowing kisses at the huns, they were going mental.

Best part was they spent the previous 2 weeks desperatly trying to unsettle Riordan, rumours of a bid, tentative approaches etc. Mowbray took the decision to leave him on the bench and we still ****ed them.
    I have to go and lie down after reading that. I was at the game, and you are correct. I must have repressed that memory in light of Clown's massive subsequent cock-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    I have to go and lie down after reading that. I was at the game, and you are correct. I must have repressed that memory in light of Clown's massive subsequent cock-ups.
    Was from a Bob Malcolm effort if i remember?
    Some kick as well for the 2nd goal

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

His leg was broken in the 3-0 league game I'm sure.. it got broken in the 2nd? Game of the season vs hearts, ans a Scottish cup tie would be too far away from that.

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwerphibs View Post
    His leg was broken in the 3-0 league game I'm sure.. it got broken in the 2nd? Game of the season vs hearts, ans a Scottish cup tie would be too far away from that.
    I seem to remember he took a real bad one from Ian Murray, pretty bad tackle and Murray got booked for it - although I will say that I've seen guys walk for lesser challenges than that.

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Have the whole game on my PC.
    You have no idea how badly I want to have the whole game on my PC too, would be a great way to take away the blues after witnessing a tough Hibs loss.

So, eh, any chance we might see that video make it's way to a file host? Please?

@hibs.net private member Sprouleflyer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwerphibs View Post
    It was a tackle by Brellier at Tynie on Jan 28th. Brown was subbed by Fletcher after 40 mins. He played against Rangers in the SC the next week with a broken leg! How Brellier stayed on the park was a mystery to me!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: stevesyb
    Quote Originally Posted by wearethehibs View Post

I was back from New York 7 hours before the game, jet lagged and in traffic for nearly 2 hours on the M8 and I still recall the words from Hugh Keevings on Clyde FM pre-match "I expect Rangers to win comfortably. No one in their right mind would put money on Hibs winning" or words to that effect!

A truly epic evening!

Quote Originally Posted by sbell1875 View Post
    I was back from New York 7 hours before the game, jet lagged and in traffic for nearly 2 hours on the M8 and I still recall the words from Hugh Keevings on Clyde FM pre-match "I expect Rangers to win comfortably. No one in their right mind would put money on Hibs winning" or words to that effect!

A truly epic evening!
    I had a ticket but after the performance against Hearts on the Saturday I decided to give it a miss and play in a poker competition instead.

Hibs won 0-3 and I went out at the 1st table. Good dcision.

I'd like to watch this again too!! My favourite away day, I'm sure they protested after the match and it wasn't long before McLeish left.

I remember Brown making a couple of crucial saves but thought at the time Boyd should have scored with his head.

We scored early in the second half and the rest of the game was a party enjoyed by 7,500 Hibbys.

"We are the people..." They loved it when we sung that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer View Post
    I'd like to watch this again too!! My favourite away day, I'm sure they protested after the match and it wasn't long before McLeish left.

I remember Brown making a couple of crucial saves but thought at the time Boyd should have scored with his head.

We scored early in the second half and the rest of the game was a party enjoyed by 7,500 Hibbys.

"We are the people..." They loved it when we sung that!!
    there was 5500 there at least and 6000 at a push.

I remember looking at the queue for the subway to head to the match and I was lucky that others also decided to **** it and get a taxi. Great chat with the young rangers boy and I hope the hibby with his bird got on ok.

Mass protests afterwards...but there were guys who went spare when we sang that "we are the people". The bottom right corner was empty and I remember Huns getting excited in that part.

It was a good match but last seasons away days will take some beating. The Killie match tops this one for me. I don't think words can describe the way we have become one since that defeat. It's as if we have been reborn!

It's strength to strength for one club in the city and admin15tration for the other.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post

there was 5500 there at least and 6000 at a push.

I remember looking at the queue for the subway to head to the match and I was lucky that others also decided to **** it and get a taxi. Great chat with the young rangers boy and I hope the hibby with his bird got on ok.

Mass protests afterwards...but there were guys who went spare when we sang that "we are the people". The bottom right corner was empty and I remember Huns getting excited in that part.

It was a good match but last seasons away days will take some beating. The Killie match tops this one for me. I don't think words can describe the way we have become one since that defeat. It's as if we have been reborn!

It's strength to strength for one club in the city and admin15tration for the other.
    Na this can't be right mate, we died a few years ago. Don't you recall? ;)

But seriously subsequent Scottish cup character has been a lot different. To think we got to the semis that year and it took us a further six years to reach the final and somehow three finals in a row, ending the hoodoo on the third one. What a week that was ;)

I bought a DVD of the game on eBay. Not sure where it is now or if I still have it though.

Good day out

Blog Entries
    I was at Pebble Beach in USA, was woken from 5am on with text messages coming through! Later in the day I was having a beer in The Lodge, ( the clubhouse ) & the barman told me a bunch of Scots came in every Saturday. He then added they were Oldco fans & went home for the cup final every year! I told him they would be saving a few bob this year. I got quietly p---ed &, probably just as well, they never showed.