hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar

Europa League 3rd QR draw (Swansea City v Malmo or Hibs)

This is made on the Friday after the first game against Malmo.

Malmo/Hibs will be unseeded. Possible opponents are:

https://twitter.com/SPLstats/status/...434496/photo/1

Stuttgart
    Rubin Kazan or Jagodina
    Sevilla
    Standard Liege or KR Reykjavik
    Udinese
    Club Brugge
    Hapoel Tel Aviv or Beroe Stara Zagora
    Sparta Prague or BK Hacken*
    Saint-Etienne
    Lech Poznan or FK Honka
    Trabzonspor or Derry City
    Aalborg or Dila Gori
    Anorthosis or Gefle*
    Rosenborg or St Johnstone*
    FC Zurich
    Swansea City
    MSK Zilina or Olimpia Ljubljana
    Utrecht or Differdange
    Maccabi Haifa or Khazar Lankaran
    Rapid Vienna
    Metalurgs Donetsk
    Estoril Praia
    Sturm Graz or Breidablik
    Omonia Nicosia or Astra Giurgiu
    Chornomorets Odessa or Dacia Chisinau
    Vitesse
    Debrecen or Stromsgodset
    Kuban Krasnodar
    Hajduk Split or Turnovo

*Teams are scored out because Malmo / Hibs can't be drawn against them due to country protection. I think. Motherwell (who enter at this round) are unseeded and can draw all the teams listed above except Rosenborg / St Johnstone.

At least half of those teams would be thanks for the cheque and goodbye. In the case of the either/or ties, the seeded team is to the left. St Johnstone are in the fortunate position that, if they can get past Rosenborg, they would be seeded for this round.
    Last edited by Part/Time Supporter; 11-07-2013 at 10:45 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Stand outs would be

Sevilla
    Swansea
    Stuttgart
    Club Brugge
    Udinese

Estoril Praia would be good also, a lovely seaside town just outside Lisbon, would be a great trip.

Would love swansea, honestly just everything about the fixture is great, the welsh scots relationship, nights out, the style walse play, id love it

I'd love to get Udinese. Watching Di Natale play in person would be a joy

St Etienne pour moi.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    St Etienne pour moi.
    Allez les Verts!

Gotta step up to take care of Malmo first! When was the last time we got past our first qualifier in the Europa/Uefa?

20 odd years?

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Seville is a fabulous place to visit. Game would be an irrelevance.
    Swansea is a tie that we would all love - see how their new £13m man performs? (and it would be a good box office tie, seeing as it was Alan Curtis on a Friday night last time IIRC?)
    St Etienne - What a shirt swapping opportunity. Allez Les Verts

Pumped upside down all round though I fear, after we inevitably master Malmo again.

Can we hope that Vitesse are as **** as they were a couple or three years ago? Or Utrecht still live in dread of a young Jimmy O'Rourke?
    We gave this European football stuff to the World, time we started sorting them out again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton Handling View Post
    Seville is a fabulous place to visit. Game would be an irrelevance.
    Swansea is a tie that we would all love - see how their new £13m man performs? (and it would be a good box office tie, seeing as it was Alan Curtis on a Friday night last time IIRC?)
    St Etienne - What a shirt swapping opportunity. Allez Les Verts

Pumped upside down all round though I fear, after we inevitably master Malmo again.

Can we hope that Vitesse are as **** as they were a couple or three years ago? Or Utrecht still live in dread of a young Jimmy O'Rourke?
    We gave this European football stuff to the World, time we started sorting them out again.
    totally agree with all you've said but: we have unfinished business with the whole of the Belgian nation for a start! Anderlect,Brugge, and Liege if I remember all got the breaks against us. (could be wrong aboot Liege?anyhoo, ah dinnae like Belgians because o' that lol. Derry, is easy by the ferry. Swansea is even easier and I'd love to take my Welsh Hibernian supporting grandchildren(my choice not theirs ) and my eldest son ,doon tae the valleys and stick it right uppum. St Etienne, well that does have a certain jeun es se qua about it. do excuse my French though. any French speakers looking in can amend please on my behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Wright Jnr View Post
    Gotta step up to take care of Malmo first! When was the last time we got past our first qualifier in the Europa/Uefa?

20 odd years?
    If you count the Inter-Toto, which is similar to the level that Hibs are coming in this year, it was 2006-7 when Hibs beat Dinaburg before losing to Odense on away goals.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    totally agree with all you've said but: we have unfinished business with the whole of the Belgian nation for a start! Anderlect,Brugge, and Liege if I remember all got the breaks against us. (could be wrong aboot Liege?anyhoo, ah dinnae like Belgians because o' that lol. Derry, is easy by the ferry. Swansea is even easier and I'd love to take my Welsh Hibernian supporting grandchildren(my choice not theirs ) and my eldest son ,doon tae the valleys and stick it right uppum. St Etienne, well that does have a certain jeun es se qua about it. do excuse my French though. any French speakers looking in can amend please on my behalf.
    Agreed. But it is Brugge yer wrong about. It was Liege. Wales in a next round tie would be a beezer. No doubt.

Seville would be an amazing trip. Best city in the whole of Spain without doubt. Only problem is it's absolutely roasting at this time of the year and it would kill us. Bit of a joke their even in the competition IMO though.

P-TS, I find it quite touching that you think we even have a chance of getting to the next round

Swansea please.............

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    P-TS, I find it quite touching that you think we even have a chance of getting to the next round
    I was quite surprised that Malmo made (somewhat) heavy weather of the Drogheda tie. I would still rate Hibs underdogs against them, but maybe not as much as I did before.

Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    I was quite surprised that Malmo made (somewhat) heavy weather of the Drogheda tie. I would still rate Hibs underdogs against them, but maybe not as much as I did before.

For the first time in a long time I havnt seen any of Hibs pre season matches, but I havnt heard anything from any of the games to suggest we are up to speed, a drab 0 - 0 draw against Raith Rovers a week away from the first leg against Malmo is pretty uninspiring stuff.

Our unwillingness / inability to sign at least one decent experienced striker prior to the tie ( to my mind at least ) shows a disregard for Europe which is very disappointing stuff from the club. At this stage Caldwell and Handling, promising though they may be, are not going to get us into the next round and its unfair to expect them to.

Looking at the list of possible ties for the next round is positively mouth watering ... especially for those of us with no prospect of making the Malmo away game .... As things stand at the moment I for one dont think Hibs have a cat in hells chance of making the next round. I desperately want to be proved wrong because following Hibs into Europe is a long standing ambition of mine.

If we are going to approach European football in this way ................. Whats the point of trying to qualify for it in the first place?

Ah could greet ..... dammit !!!

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Seville would be an amazing trip. Best city in the whole of Spain without doubt. Only problem is it's absolutely roasting at this time of the year and it would kill us. Bit of a joke their even in the competition IMO though.
    We could maybe even meet up with some of the last remaining Celtic fans who are still waiting to get their flights home after the UEFA Cup final 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    We could maybe even meet up with some of the last remaining Celtic fans who are still waiting to get their flights home after the UEFA Cup final 10 years ago.
    nae chance o' meeting the last of them. they all hitched a lift on an empty lorry passing through on it's way to Lisbon. he only charged them a back load rate.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Liams View Post
    Would love swansea, honestly just everything about the fixture is great, the welsh scots relationship, nights out, the style walse play, id love it

Try telling that to the police who would have to stop two firms intent on beating the S hit out of each other

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    I'd love to get Udinese. Watching Di Natale play in person would be a joy
    Had the pleasure of watching him play v Sampdoria last December in the game where only one Udinese fan made the trip. A very clever player indeed. I suspect we'd get royally pumped though.

I'd love Swansea. As a Cardiff boy i'd be giving them hell for the full 90 mins

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar

Next round

When is the draw made for the next round? Does anyone know?

tomorrow I think

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TRC View Post
    tomorrow I think
    Ah I see. Good stuff. Hopefully we have a good looking picture by then of us going through. Almost guaranteed to be another split option.

Promising Youngster thebigman1875's Avatar
    Yeah, the draw is on Friday with the two legs on the 1st & the 8th of August.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanduff View Post
    When is the draw made for the next round? Does anyone know?
    Thats what I call confidence

Quote Originally Posted by lr19 View Post
    Thats what I call confidence
    There could be a headache with fixture congestion if we go on a good run. The main thing is we get may 14th off work for our trip to Turn for the final

If we get through and were to somehow draw FC Zurich, I would explode with joy.

Europa Round 3 draw

Draw coming up 13:00CET (is that 12:00 BST?)

Here's who we could draw.

Group 2: Seeded
    Breidablik (ISL)/SK Sturm Graz (AUT), Swansea City FC (ENG), FC Zürich (SUI) , FC Honka Espoo (FIN)/KKS Lech Poznań (POL), Vitesse (NED), FK Jagodina (SRB)/FC Rubin Kazan (RUS)

Unseeded
    Randers FC (DEN), Skonto FC (LVA)/FC Slovan Liberec (CZE), FC Petrolul Ploieşti (ROU)/Vikingur (FRO), VMFD Žalgiris (LTU)/FC Pyunik (ARM), IL Hødd (NOR)/FC Aktobe (KAZ), Malmö FF (SWE)/Hibernian FC (SCO)

First leg scores

Breidablik 0-0 Sturm Graz.
    Honka 1-3 Lech Poznan.
    Jagodina 2-3 Rubin Kazan.
    Last edited by KWJ; 19-07-2013 at 08:51 AM.

Maybe a good thing we don't get through, sure to receive a hiding if we do!