hibs.net Messageboard

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Beer thread

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have a try of Punk AF too. There's a sour called Raspberry Blitz also - all 0.5%.
    Tried 2 pints of the Punk AF in the Doghouse in Glasgow today. For an alcohol free beer, it's really good!

I also tried a bottle of Moretti Grani Antichi (from my local Tesco of all places) tonight, and it was absolutely glorious! Quite like a blonde Leffe, but much more intense. One of the tastiest beers I've ever tried, but at £5 for a 750ml bottle, it's not cheap.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I see Fierce are opening a bar on Rose Street this weekend. Definitely one on my list of places to try.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Anyone know of a decent place for a drink in Dingwall? Seems to be a choice of the Mallard or Caledonian.
    They tried to bury us, they didn't realise we were seeds.

Craft Beer Festival at The Biscuit Factory this w-end, if I'm reading the t&c's correctly it seems awfy dear for a 6 pint limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Anyone know of a decent place for a drink in Dingwall? Seems to be a choice of the Mallard or Caledonian.
    Good while since I've been in Dingwall but that's pretty much it. Oscars is/was a not bad sports bar but it's a bit out, on the Strathpeffer road.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    The Royal and National hotels have bars. Wouldn't bother really but the Royal is just across the road from the Caley

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    The Royal and National hotels have bars. Wouldn't bother really but the Royal is just across the road from the Caley
    Cheers guys. Had a pint of average ipa in the caledonian and now in the Mallard and have eaten and on the second pint of an OK pint of Belhaven derived ale.

Enjoying a nice cold bottle of Northern Light from Orkney, really nice pale ale

@hibs.net private member
    The pre-match pint of Belhaven Best in the Hoppy was very brisk. Somewhere around 3 glasses poured to get one proper pint. After a minor mix up at the taps, my pint had a quick injection of Strongbow. Amazingly, it didnít taste any worse.

Not something I would order again though. 😂

I had a pint of Melba by Thornbridge in the Bow Bar yesterday. Peach IPA, very decent. Also had a pint of something dark and very malty, proper Scottish heavy type beer in the Guildford but I was too pished to remember the name by that point. I think it was good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Also had a pint of something dark and very malty, proper Scottish heavy type beer in the Guildford but I was too pished to remember the name by that point. I think it was good though.
    That's the sort of stuff I tend to go for if getting involved in beer, very rarely in the summer months though, March of the Penguins and Midnight Sun from Williams Bros or Orkney Dark Island.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    I had a couple of Stewart Brewing's "First World Problems" earlier - didn't realise quite how strong it was on top of other stuff I'd drunk, so I'm currently on water....lovely tipple though!

I had a couple of cans from Lost Pier Brewing, Apa Actually American pale ale and Paddleboarder Pale Ale. I got them through the book club I'm a member of...

Books and Beer, monthly parcel of a crime novel and 2 cans of different beers, £10 plus postage a month 😎📖🍺