Scott Robertson

Would quite like to see the following for the new season:

Williams
    Clancy/Mullen Forster Hanlon McGivern
    Thomson OTJ
    Harris Robertson Craig
    Caldwell

Subs: Murdoch Clancy/Mullen McPake Taiwo Stanton Horribine Handling

Obviously there'll be new names to strengthen that but with Craig, Harris, Robertson, Stanton, Handling etc. we have enough players in midfield with the potential to push forward and chip in that a 4-2-3-1 could well work.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would quite like to see the following for the new season:

Williams
    Clancy/Mullen Forster Hanlon McGivern
    Thomson OTJ
    Harris Robertson Craig
    Caldwell

Subs: Murdoch Clancy/Mullen McPake Taiwo Stanton Horribine Handling

Obviously there'll be new names to strengthen that but with Craig, Harris, Robertson, Stanton, Handling etc. we have enough players in midfield with the potential to push forward and chip in that a 4-2-3-1 could well work.
    I'd prefer us to give Stanton a game ahead of him. Robertson is a waste of a jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by mon the cabbage View Post
    I'd prefer us to give Stanton a game ahead of him. Robertson is a waste of a jersey.

Get a grip man, the guys been here 5 minutes lets give him a chance to settle in and show what he can do.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Twenty quid to Dnipro says he scores ten or more goals this season. Given a good pre season he'll do well for us this season.

Left by mutual consent!
    Robertson will be a good player for us this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    [/B]
    Get a grip man, the guys been here 5 minutes lets give him a chance to settle in and show what he can do.
    Don't feel he is good enough. other than against killie he has been really poor. he has got into good positions but never really done anything with it. I'd prefer to see-

----------------------------Williams----------------------

---Mullen/Clancy----Forster-------Hanlon------------McGivern

---------------Taiwo/OTJ------Thompson-------------------

--------Craig-------------Cairney/Stanton----Harris----------

-----------------------New Forward------------------------

Subs
    Murdoch
    McPake
    Clancy/Mullen
    Taiwo/OTJ
    Cairney/Stanton
    Caldwell
    Handling

Hopefully we will bring in two forwards though. Would like Robertson to prove me wrong but don't think he will.

The lad made the pass for Caldwell to score at Tynie. Not a waste then. *Thanks for the updates/photo's on tonights game

First Team Regular H1bs6H3arts2 FC's Avatar
    He played a cute wee ball for Caldwell to put the yams in their place!

Quote Originally Posted by H1bs6H3arts2 FC View Post
    He played a cute wee ball for Caldwell to put the yams in their place!
    Exactly. Some folk have short memories.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Exactly. Some folk have short memories.
    Yes some do. Some forgot the first half performance against Falkirk where he gifted them two goals and missed a sitter. People forget his debut against St. Johnstone where he struggled to play a three yard pass and couldn't handle the aerial presence of Murray Davidson. People forget him turning his back and pulling out of tackles. His close control on the other hand is excellent

His assist against the ****bos wasn't even that great if you can remember Griffiths done most of the work to win the ball back. Robertson picked the ball up, took one of his classic touches and played a simple pass to Caldwell, leaving him with lots of work still to do, then Caldwell put it into the only place he could have put it to score.

And scoring against Kilmarnock must mean you are a good player if Tom Soares and Roy O'Donovan could right enough.

Yes some do. Some forgot the first half performance against Falkirk where he gifted them two goals and missed a sitter. People forget his debut against St. Johnstone where he struggled to play a three yard pass and couldn't handle the aerial presence of Murray Davidson. People forget him turning his back and pulling out of tackles. His close control on the other hand is excellent

His assist against the ****bos wasn't even that great if you can remember Griffiths done most of the work to win the ball back. Robertson picked the ball up, took one of his classic touches and played a simple pass to Caldwell, leaving him with lots of work still to do, then Caldwell put it into the only place he could have put it to score.

And scoring against Kilmarnock must mean you are a good player if Tom Soares and Roy O'Donovan could right enough.
    Coulda sworn it was Cairney, not Robertson. Think you're being unduly harsh on SR though. Give him a few games in a settled side before judging him
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Coulda sworn it was Cairney, not Robertson. Think you're being unduly harsh on SR though. Give him a few games in a settled side before judging him

If he was going to be a good player I'd have noticed by now just like I can see Harris is going to be a stunning player.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar

what was your opinion of claros this time last year? Surely you accept Scott Robertson has the potential to be a key player this season? It's not that long since his form for united got him a Scotland cap and a move down south.

If he was going to be a good player I'd have noticed by now just like I can see Harris is going to be a stunning player.
    Fair do's. It's your right to form a view. Time will tell I guess
    This is how it feels

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar

Your cynicism knows no bounds and thank Christ You don't sit behind me. Glory Glory!

Coaching Staff

Wow. Has he been doing your missus?

Quote Originally Posted by South Sub View Post
    what was your opinion of claros this time last year? Surely you accept Scott Robertson has the potential to be a key player this season? It's not tilt long since his form for united got him a Scotland cap and a move down south.
    I have always rated Claros SS but Robertson just doesn't seem any good to me. I am entitled to my opinion Just as you're entitled to yours.

I have always rated Claros SS but Robertson just doesn't seem any good to me. I am entitled to my opinion Just as you're entitled to yours.
    Of course you are, no one has suggested otherwise.

We'll see if everyone thinks the same during the season. If he does start to improve I'll admit I was wrong but don't feel this will be the case.

We'll see if everyone thinks the same during the season. If he does start to improve I'll admit I was wrong but don't feel this will be the case.

Are you always right with your 'predictions'? Just curious.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BarneyBreslin View Post
    Are you always right with your 'predictions'? Just curious.
    Big hole in our ****ty scouting system = filled.

First Team Breakthrough seven nowt's Avatar
    What a tackle from Robbo for 1st goal of SC semi. That's the standard we're looking for!!! Got a great midfield in Thommo, Cairney, Harris Craig and hopefully OTJ. Can see us challenging for 3rd place next season. Robertson is one of the few players I would empty.

Aye ok Sir Alex! As I said earlier give the guy time to prove himself, if you've ever played football you will know sometimes it takes time to settle in and not every player hits the ground running. I believe he will come good and we will see his worth this season. Don't let this cloud your judgment though, half a dozen games in a team changing personnel and formation is plenty for you to judge his worth
    Last edited by Part/Time Supporter; 03-07-2013 at 09:58 PM. Reason: quote fixing

Maybe put it the wrong way. If he had the talent I think he'd have shown a little bit more of it by now, like harris has done.

Quote Originally Posted by seven nowt View Post
    Can see us challenging for 3rd place next season.
    Really??? I can't.

I'd like to see the boo-boys focus on one target early in the season and STICK with rigidly that target no matter what. Inconsistency has plagued us for too long.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Maybe put it the wrong way. If he had the talent I think he'd have shown a little bit more of it by now, like harris has done.
    Put it this way, a lot of people didn't see Claros as a talent in his first half season, I kind of see similarities.

Big season ahead for the lad.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    I'd like to see the boo-boys focus on one target early in the season and STICK with rigidly that target no matter what. Inconsistency has plagued us for too long.
    How about Jim Jeffries or Neil Lennon?