• Robertson

6 10.71%
  • Horribine

0 0%
  • AN Other

5 8.93%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Central Midfield 2013/14 (Part Two)

A lot of you will no doubt remember the previous thread I started with a poll for our preferred midfield either duo or trio, so I thought another was in order now we have a bit more clarity on the make up of the squad.

For the record, the previous thread saw

Taiwo 81%
    Claros 77%
    Craig 65%
    Thomson 38%

Although I think the signing of Thomson indicates no Claros (in this window at least), the AN Other option is there.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Has Thomson signed ?

Coaching Staff
    Whoever is fit, in form and fits the formation or style we need to play that week. Nothing much more complicated than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whoever is fit, in form and fits the formation or style we need to play that week. Nothing much more complicated than that.
    Yup
    It's a long season and the good thing is the quality appears to be good with all midfielders, meaning we should be able to cope with any injuries/suspensions as well as have options depending on opposition.

There is no real need to vote on which 2 would start games, it will change naturally and as said, hopefully us remanining strong no matter who is playing on any particular day.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brydekirk View Post
    Has Thomson signed ?
    Not yet.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

4-2-3-1 formation for me with Thomson and Tudor Jones protecting the defence with Craig, Taiwo and Harris providing the attacking threat from midfield in support to the lone front man. Robertson if he can get a good pre season to push for a starting berth hopefully.

Good thread to debate. Actually - it will be interesting to see what roles Pat has in mind for Tudur-Jones and Craig. I'm not really sure where they'll play.

Craig seems like an attacking midfielder but some say he plays centrally while others say he may play wider on the left. If it's wider - then would that include playing wide left in a midfield 5 (ie effectively a winger) or would it only be wide left in a midfield 4 (If anyone can work out what I'm trying to ask)?

Tudur-Jones has the look of a defensive central midfielder about him. Would others agree with this?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenOnions View Post
    Good thread to debate. Actually - it will be interesting to see what roles Pat has in mind for Tudur-Jones and Craig. I'm not really sure where they'll play.

Craig seems like an attacking midfielder but some say he plays centrally while others say he may play wider on the left. If it's wider - then would that include playing wide left in a midfield 5 (ie effectively a winger) or would it only be wide left in a midfield 4 (If anyone can work out what I'm trying to ask)?

Tudur-Jones has the look of a defensive central midfielder about him. Would others agree with this?
    Probabaly as they played on Saturday. OTJ as one of the central midfield two and Craig playing wide midfield. Him and Harris swapped quite often. With the likes of OTJ, Taiwo, Robertson and maybe Thomson I doubt Craig will play in the centre.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Pats no afraid to drop someone if theres a dip in form.

midfield 5 - two defensive CMs - Thomo - Taiwo. one attacking cm in OTJ. Craig and Harris swapping sides.

I believed OTJ to be a ball winner?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Not yet.
    Is he expected to sign?

Its good that there will be competition for places in centre mid, before last season that was our weak point for a few years. I am excited about the prospect of Taiwo and Craig together, very tidy players. Don't know too much about OTJ but Caley fans rate him and Thomson looked good last year and will only improve with a full pre-season.

Another winger and 2 strikers and I will be very optimistic about our squad for this season.

Forgot about Robertson too, I think he will improve this season with a full pre-season too, givsles added goal threat.
    Last edited by frazeHFC; 03-07-2013 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    Its good that there will be competition for places in centre mid, before last season that was our weak point for a few years. I am excited about the prospect of Taiwo and Craig together, very tidy players. Don't know too much about OTJ but Caley fans rate him and Thomson looked good last year and will only improve with a full pre-season.

Another winger and 2 strikers and I will be very optimistic about our squad for this season.
    I really hope the other winger turns out to be Sammy Stanton. Only heard good things, more than I heard about Harris before I saw him!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by TheFamous1875 View Post
    I really hope the other winger turns out to be Sammy Stanton. Only heard good things, more than I heard about Harris before I saw him!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

A central midfielder if I'm not mistaken?

Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post

Forgot about Robertson too, I think he will improve this season with a full pre-season too, givsles added goal threat.
    Id still love to see us in for the Scougall lad at Livingston, or if not, then Zemmama.

Thomson and Taiwo for me but still a bit early to see what Craig's role will be?
    A lot will depend on striker/strikers who come in and if we buy any decent wide player/players?
    One thing for sure central midfield looks impressive

OJT is a defensive type player. Why are so many folk talking of him playing an attacking role?????.

Promising Youngster
    If i were PF i would play 4231 with KT and Tudor-Jones playing defensive midfield. on the left I'd play Liam Craig or Pat McCourt (if we manage to sign him in the near future). In the middle we have to play Tom Taiwo and on the right Alex Harris. If we were to sign Zemmama i'd play him in the middle and push Taiwo to Defensive Midfield.

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    DM - OTJ/Stevenson
    DMV - Taiwo/(Thomson?)

RW - Harris
    LW - Craig
    AM - Robertson/Stanton/Horribine/Cairney
    Last edited by Hibby Kay-Yay; 03-07-2013 at 03:24 PM.

Dream scenario for me:

DM: Thomson, OTJ
    CM: Taiwo, Robertson
    CM: Craig, Stanton

LW: Harris, Cairney
    RW: Scougall, Handling
    ST: Griffiths, Caldwell