Voters
316. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, good idea

48 15.19%
  • Yes, but not too happy about it

51 16.14%
  • No, them and the council deserve each other

166 52.53%
  • I'll no' be back if they bams start calling ER home.

51 16.14%
Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Easter Road > Ibrox........3 sides of Ibrox is nice but the 3 tier stand is horrid.........so ours is the winner!
    The three-tier stand is excellent - -IMO one of the finest in Britain.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Love it but seriously I don't know how the main stand gets a safety certificate. I was last in it about 15 years ago & it was a disgrace, & a potential deathtrap then. I genuinely fear for safety of anyone in that stand if there's a Bradford type incident.
    I knew someone that got struck down with food poisoning after a hospitality event there a few years ago.

Broken boiler, IIRC.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton Handling View Post
    How about the fact that he's got a pansy name like Primrose?
    Easter road is now a cracking stadium but certainly doesn't have as big an atmosphere as Tynecastle. Pansy name or not I would not swap our stadium and our derby record, for your stadium and your derby record.

Well, I might be being an "ist" rather than a "phobe", but I just assumed it was a womans user name. Incidently, your's, is that a hobby or a career?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by primrose123 View Post
    Easter road is now a cracking stadium but certainly doesn't have as big an atmosphere as Tynecastle. Pansy name or not I would not swap our stadium and our derby record, for your stadium and your derby record.
    FOAD

You'll be playing on a pitch with running track around it and sharing it with some nondescript rugby club, if the current plans are to be believed.

Go do one!

Keep your stadium, by all means, and your dull derby record. I wouldn't swap your dull string of 1-0's for our 7-0 and 6-2. Not a chance.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Keep your stadium, by all means, and your dull derby record. I wouldn't swap your dull string of 1-0's for our 7-0 and 6-2. Not a chance.
    In all honesty, visiting supporters should be screened for asbestosis and other likely diseases that are prevalent at said stadium.

<cough> <cough>

@hibs.net private member
    What is it with those of a dark pink persuasion and their obsession wi' size?
    Oh, and you've got it wrong - it's YOUR stadium that's cracking, not ours!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    You'll be swapping the stadium for a soul-less out of town one soon enough though, eh?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    One-size rugby stadium fits all, even the big big BIG team.

I bet you'll love your new home.

What is it they say? Sold down the river...

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    One-size rugby stadium fits all, even the big big BIG team.

I bet you'll love your new home.

What is it they say? Sold down the river...
    Sold down the river, past the bypass and into some fields. Their nearest team will be Livi.

I would not swap our noncing record for yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage East View Post
    I would not swap our noncing record for yours.
    The guys got a fair point, at this moment in time I would swap tyne for ER yes I would swap tyne fpr ER. What the hell is it any use to anyone playing infront of a half empty stadium? Dont get me wrong long term stadia wise we are miles ahead of Tyne but am a realist and lets not get carried away guys, id love to have the old East back before anything else. Just a shame currently we dont have a team or atmosphere to grace what we all know we should have.

***** hole aye but a good stadium for the football fans aye also!

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Sold down the river, past the bypass and into some fields. Their nearest team will be Livi.
    Matty if im being honest mate im starting to buy into what all ma Hearts mates are saying, why are we obsessed with what's heppening with them and all that gash? I couldn't honestly give a **** if they had a 50k seater stadium and we had ER, but im sure we would have Hibbys coming out with na you cant fill it etc. What we have is great, what they have is, well who knows other than a good Scottish ground "atmosphere like" still a **** hole.

I just think we spend too much time focusing on petty squabbles about xy and z and lets be honest tyne is a much better stadium for atmosphere than the holy ground unfortunately.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Matty if im being honest mate im starting to buy into what all ma Hearts mates are saying, why are we obsessed with what's heppening with them and all that gash? I couldn't honestly give a **** if they had a 50k seater stadium and we had ER, but im sure we would have Hibbys coming out with na you cant fill it etc. What we have is great, what they have is, well who knows other than a good Scottish ground "atmosphere like" still a **** hole.

I just think we spend too much time focusing on petty squabbles about xy and z and lets be honest tyne is a much better stadium for atmosphere than the holy ground unfortunately.
    I don't think we're that obsessed with them - there's about two, three max threads on the go about them including this one, which was just a bit of banter from what I could see.

The PBS has a pish atmosphere for all games bar the derbies and when the OF are there. We'll have a good atmosphere when the team pick up a bit.

I couldn't give a toss about them either, but I don't mind a bit of pish taking now and again out of them. Wouldn't waste any time or energy on anything more than that. Far from being obsessed, I'm (un)lucky if I could name you four or five of their players, even less likely to be able to tell you what position they played.

I don't think we're that obsessed with them - there's about two, three max threads on the go about them including this one, which was just a bit of banter from what I could see.

The PBS has a pish atmosphere for all games bar the derbies and when the OF are there. We'll have a good atmosphere when the team pick up a bit.

I couldn't give a toss about them either, but I don't mind a bit of pish taking now and again out of them. Wouldn't waste any time or energy on anything more than that. Far from being obsessed, I'm (un)lucky if I could name you four or five of their players, even less likely to be able to tell you what position they played.
    (Matty when have we ever had a good atmosphere other than the old firm or them?)

Mate its an easy shout all the time cause we have a finished stadium etc etc and them going to the wall selling Tyne etc, and yes I do think there is a certain element of Hibs fans that get caught up with that rather than being the fundamental aspect of we are better than you our team etc. I don't mean to slate the banter etc but I also do think that it seems to me sometimes we are trying to get one over on them with, well lets face it not football / results / performances related which form me that what it boiles down to.??

Left by mutual consent!

Same as most grounds in Scotland. The atmosphere at Tiny is over egged by the hacks as they sit at the back of the asbestos stand in the tiny anderson shelters. We won't know what our "New" atmosphere is like at ER until we get a team on the park, and the punters to get excited about.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    I disagree, we have THE BEST football stadium in Scotland - Ibrox, parkhead and hampden are all bigger but ER is definitely more modern and built to a better standard and as my burd always tells me, size isn't everything!
    Bang goes my theory as to where you got your username. ;-)

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Quote Originally Posted by MGmick View Post
    Well, I might be being an "ist" rather than a "phobe", but I just assumed it was a womans user name. Incidently, your's, is that a hobby or a career?
    Think you should look at Hibs players list to see where he gets the user name from
    Last edited by Lucius Apuleius; 09-10-2011 at 08:44 AM. Reason: ikk

Easter road is now a cracking stadium but certainly doesn't have as big an atmosphere as Tynecastle
    Is that the same 'big' atmosphere that includes singing sectarian songs, waving union flags and having home fans attacking opposition players and managers?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    Is that the same 'big' atmosphere that includes singing sectarian songs, waving union flags and having home fans attacking opposition players and managers?
    And luring young lassies into the toilets for dirty deeds. Wee Airdrie Jambo agrees.

I quite like it, have had some nice trips there, not enough wins but I'd rather they stay there - there's not many football relocations with better atmospheres than the original ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    its a great stadium dont you know?
    the fans are 'right on top of you', so we kept being informed. And in some cases on top of opposition managers.

Hearts. Over a century of dull football watched by odd people with odd upbringings

Left by mutual consent!
    Now if only points were awarded for having nice empty stadiums?
    Listen to it!!!! When was the last time you deluded paedo's sold out ***********?

Left by mutual consent!
    Biggest myth in football is tynecastle having the best atmosphere, any stadium that's full and your team is winning has a great atmosphere.
    I bet you would love to swap places when the day comes you'll be playing at a rugby stadium.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by connerg View Post
    Biggest myth in football is tynecastle having the best atmosphere, any stadium that's full and your team is winning has a great atmosphere.
    I bet you would love to swap places when the day comes you'll be playing at a rugby stadium.
    Absolutely right. It is piss poor journalism to keep banging on about the atmosphere. Was it great when they were struggling the season before last, only against us and the OF, against everyone else it was the same as ever other ground in Scotland. Empty seats with no atmosphere.

They would be better investigating how this death trap of a place continues to get a safety certificate. Anyone who has ever been in the main stand knows it is if years out of date and is cerainly not safe.

Hey! I take exception to that! I was thinking a lot more along the lines of scorn, ridicule and contempt for a vile organization and their dim-witted, deluded pedo supporters, with obviously a heavy nod towards the dangerous, crumbling slum they play in!

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Its an anagram of Promiser! very popular amongst the Yammish. Hang on a minute, how do we know it ain't agent Vlad undercover?

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MGmick View Post
    Look it up!
    And if you know your history

And 'phobes and 'ists don't enter the equation when debating with sparryheids.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Away, ya primrosey plum. You're only a wee fiddle or two away from having no stadium at all!

Most clubs would settle for Coaching badges as qualifications but you lot go one further and insist on being on the register. Is that what you mean when you talk about 'special' relationships?

7-0. Mind and keep yer heaviest defeat on yer proud derby record sparryheid.