hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Display for Our European home tie...

As most folk will know/seen on here there was a few arguments/petty squabbles and the future of sect43 looking as if its down the pan, however most of us have put differences to the side, we will be meeting up to discuss a plan soon for the future. Most likely not under the group name until we have the grass roots of what a group of our nature needs. We will however be building gradually and keep doing what we have been.

So putting that to the side, a plan for putting on one of Scotland's biggest displays is on the cards. We always said as a group we never tried to get people involved properly, people who understand what it is we want to achieve, so we will be opening this up to people who would like to get involved and understand the mentality of what we require to build.

So basically due to the sheer size of what we want to create, we cannot do it without the help and donations from the Hibernian family, I assure this will be the most impressive thing within the stands ever to be done at our home ground.

People who are interested in getting involved within making displays and growing the fan culture at our club drop myself a PM, we will be getting most lads together at some point soon and would be good meet some new faces.

All donations can be sent to: section43hibs@hotmail.co.uk

Further thanks to all hibs fans who have supported and helped previous displays happen.

We are also looking for somewhere with a flat wall between at least 5/6 metres in height by a decent length if anyone knows a place a quick pm would be appreciated. Also if anyone owns an overhead projector/digital projector we can use would come in handy and help us fire through it so much quicker than with the 2 we have at the moment.

Suggestions of good ways to raise funds will also be appreciated, as we are aiming for around the 900 mark for the display, although a back up will be in place as we will crack on as soon as we have enough to do the first stage.

Thanks for taking the time to read through this and any information required feel free to pm myself.

2. Log in to remove the advert

So long as money is raised the display won't disappoint.

Can't wait for the ER European ties this season / in the future, big crowd and the place will be bouncing!

Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So long as money is raised the display won't disappoint.

Can't wait for the ER European ties this season / in the future, big crowd and the place will be bouncing!
    Yep for me it would be the best and most effort put into one display, plans are cracking.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    We able to find out what your plans are or?

Quote Originally Posted by Seanduff View Post
    We able to find out what your plans are or?
    Design won't be shared although if funds can be raised everyone who helps out will know what the design is, plan is a surfer almost the size of the east stand.

I'll defo be donating. You guys deserve a huge amount of credit for the efforts from the likes of the cup final and other games.

I wasn't a fan of you boys if I'm honest and thought its a bad idea having this sect43, but I couldn't be more wrong. I personally think you boys are a credit to Hibernian. Keep up the good work.

I too wasn't sure what you would bring to Easter Road but having you guys there has really enhanced the matchday experience. I know the players talk about it too. I understand there's a few issues about what direction to take but it really would be a shame if there wasn't an organisation next year. Keep it up and keep us posted!

The easiest way to raise cash obviously has to be a race night as this has unlimited potenial and I'm sure there would be a club willing to lend you premises for free or cheap

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs4thecup1988 View Post
    The easiest way to raise cash obviously has to be a race night as this has unlimited potenial and I'm sure there would be a club willing to lend you premises for free or cheap
    Mark Urwin - who wears many hats, among which is involvement with Tranent Rugby Club is your man. He does races nights excellently (they make money from the bar) As long as people put in the effort to sell horses it can make shed loads...

Quote Originally Posted by UltrasHibernian View Post
    As most folk will know/seen on here there was a few arguments/petty squabbles and the future of sect43 looking as if its down the pan, however most of us have put differences to the side, we will be meeting up to discuss a plan soon for the future. Most likely not under the group name until we have the grass roots of what a group of our nature needs. We will however be building gradually and keep doing what we have been.

So putting that to the side, a plan for putting on one of Scotland's biggest displays is on the cards. We always said as a group we never tried to get people involved properly, people who understand what it is we want to achieve, so we will be opening this up to people who would like to get involved and understand the mentality of what we require to build.

So basically due to the sheer size of what we want to create, we cannot do it without the help and donations from the Hibernian family, I assure this will be the most impressive thing within the stands ever to be done at our home ground.

People who are interested in getting involved within making displays and growing the fan culture at our club drop myself a PM, we will be getting most lads together at some point soon and would be good meet some new faces.

All donations can be sent to: section43hibs@hotmail.co.uk

Further thanks to all hibs fans who have supported and helped previous displays happen.

We are also looking for somewhere with a flat wall between at least 5/6 metres in height by a decent length if anyone knows a place a quick pm would be appreciated. Also if anyone owns an overhead projector/digital projector we can use would come in handy and help us fire through it so much quicker than with the 2 we have at the moment.

Suggestions of good ways to raise funds will also be appreciated, as we are aiming for around the 900 mark for the display, although a back up will be in place as we will crack on as soon as we have enough to do the first stage.

Thanks for taking the time to read through this and any information required feel free to pm myself.
    Re the highlighted bit.

Have I missed something?

Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    Mark Urwin - who wears many hats, among which is involvement with Tranent Rugby Club is your man. He does races nights excellently (they make money from the bar) As long as people put in the effort to sell horses it can make shed loads...
    8/10 races. 8 horses a race fiver a horse. Plus race sponsors and sponsors of the whole event. Looking at in excess of 750 and that's before people betting...

@hibs.net private member surreyhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BOVRIL View Post
    Re the highlighted bit.

Have I missed something?
    Me too!

But no matter, i think you guys are doing a fantastic job, and would be happy to chip in a few quid to help. Live too far away to be of practical help though, i'm afraid..

Alcohol IS the answer, but I forget the question...

Re the highlighted bit.

Have I missed something?
    From what I picked up it was something to do with accepting money from William Hill for the SC display.

@hibs.net private member surreyhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs4thecup1988 View Post
    8/10 races. 8 horses a race fiver a horse. Plus race sponsors and sponsors of the whole event. Looking at in excess of 750 and that's before people betting...
    When i do them, we aLso have an auction race, selling the horses to the highest bidder. We get syndicates pushing the prices up, and we pay out all sales cash to the first three, but you could always take a percentage... We tend to make enough on the betting. And the bar...

Alcohol IS the answer, but I forget the question...

Left by mutual consent! God Petrie's Avatar
    Great news that Sect43 is still going to be here for next season.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by Pames McJake View Post
    This.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: hibees Wii Code: 007
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I'll defo be donating. You guys deserve a huge amount of credit for the efforts from the likes of the cup final and other games.

I wasn't a fan of you boys if I'm honest and thought its a bad idea having this sect43, but I couldn't be more wrong. I personally think you boys are a credit to Hibernian. Keep up the good work.
    This is NOT sect43!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: hibees Wii Code: 007
    Quote Originally Posted by Pames McJake View Post
    They aint, this is a breakaway group called **** know what!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    They aint, this is a breakaway group called **** know what!
    The peoples front of section 43?

What's in a name - if a group of his fans are getting together to help make our support more colorful and noisy I salute them - payment will be made (come pay day)

First Team Breakthrough
    Agree with previous points. This isnt anything to do with sect43. Sect43 has finished and any further displays shouldnt be associated with them

Doesn't matter who is doing the display, we are all Hibees.

Next season the atmosphere at games (Killie, Hearts away etc) will be the same because the whole support was contributing to the noise.

It's really nothing to do with me but my advice would be don't take this too seriously.

Whatever the disagreements or whatever, at the end of the day it's just a group of young guys going to the football for a sing song. Don't go to war with each other and don't try to get too political a la the green brigade.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    It's really nothing to do with me but my advice would be don't take this too seriously.

Whatever the disagreements or whatever, at the end of the day it's just a group of young guys going to the football for a sing song. Don't go to war with each other and don't try to get too political a la the green brigade.
    This is what prompted my question. I would hate to think that we would have two factions in competition with each other, or even worse who are at war.

Section 43 ... the singing section, whatever you want to call it, has had a positive effect as far as I can see and it would be a real shame if the momentum they have created were to stall now.

This is what prompted my question. I would hate to think that we would have two factions in competition with each other, or even worse who are at war.

Section 43 ... the singing section, whatever you want to call it, has had a positive effect as far as I can see and it would be a real shame if the momentum they have created were to stall now.
    +1

Keep up the good work, ye radges

I hear the arguments started over the theft of a pair of grey joggers. Shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    This is NOT sect43!
    Sorry my apologies. Seemed to have missed the whole we're Sect43 and the Sect 43 are no more along with the sect43 will be there next year.

So this is just random fans then? Is there a Sect43? If not what happened? Sorry in advance for not noticing the thread that must have covered this.

@hibs.net private member
    Never heard of a dispute between different singing groups. Will one group have to move? What a lot of crap. Get over your egos. It's about the team not about different sections. Could be worse you could be having a bake off.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Sorry my apologies. Seemed to have missed the whole we're Sect43 and the Sect 43 are no more along with the sect43 will be there next year.

So this is just random fans then? Is there a Sect43? If not what happened? Sorry in advance for not noticing the thread that must have covered this.
    No. Sect43 as a group had ended. There was several internal reasons for the end of Sect43 which i think wouldnt be fair to publically announce.

These folk who are planning a display are guys who want to maintain displays at ER. TBH they should of set up another paypal account without using the Sect43 name but fair play for trying to continue a colourful athmosphere at ER.

Good luck to these guys.

Very sorry to hear Section 43 is no more. Think it was a brilliant initiative especially after our darkest hour. Perhaps did more than anything to improve the atmosphere from negativity to positivity. It has been contagious. Well done and please come back!