hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar

Hibs Fans 3rd in Bigot League

From today's Sun

NEARLY 80 per cent of fans collared under new anti-bigotry laws were nabbed at games involving the Old Firm.
    Stats last night revealed 212 of the 268 charges came when Rangers or Celtic played.
    The figures showed 85 Light Blues and 68 Hoops supporters have been charged in the past 12 months — over half of all raps under the controversial legislation.

Hibs fans accounted for 10 per cent of charges, with city rivals Hearts at five per cent and Falkirk at six per cent.

Number of arrests in brackets

1/ Rangers (85) 2/ Celtic (68) 3/ Hibs (28) 4/ Falkirk (17) 5/ Hearts (13) 6/ Dundee (12) 7/ Hamilton (9) 8/ Ayr Utd (6)

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...hate-raps.html
    Last edited by Kojock; 15-06-2013 at 05:09 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From today's Sun

NEARLY 80 per cent of fans collared under new anti-bigotry laws were nabbed at games involving the Old Firm.
    Stats last night revealed 212 of the 268 charges came when Rangers or Celtic played.
    The figures showed 85 Light Blues and 68 Hoops supporters have been charged in the past 12 months — over half of all raps under the controversial legislation.

Hibs fans accounted for 10 per cent of charges, with city rivals Hearts at five per cent and Falkirk at six per cent.

Again, sadly, miles behind the OF, but great to be 'best of rest'. In your face Jambos! I know a lot of Hearts fans who will be BITTERLY disappointed in that result.

I wonder what bigotry the Hibs fans were lifted for? Presumably not sectarian... I wonder if that figure is inflated by charges being added to the Ccs records when they get done?

Disappointing. I'm optimistic though that next season we can kick on and climb the table. And put these orange bassas in their place.

Hibs have a big away support. Always have. enough said.

It's a shame there isn't a probationary period for all new member clubs. I don't think we need a club like this "Rangers" in Scottish football and I would tell them to GTF!
    Last edited by Pete; 16-06-2013 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    It's a shame their isn't a probationary period for all new member clubs. I don't think we need a club like this "Rangers" in Scottish football and I would tell them to GTF!
    "rangers" disnae exist. that's from a bygone period, mind you there are a few songs about another even more bygone period ,still on thee go. something aboot what some bugger's faither wore, ages ago, IIR.

Its the jelly and ice cream song to blame. Republican ditties like that make my blood boil

I'd be interested to see the breakdown of arrests at Ipox and Darkheid.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish View Post
    From today's Sun

Number of arrests in brackets

1/ Rangers (85) 2/ Celtic (68) 3/ Hibs (28) 4/ Falkirk (17) 5/ Hearts (13) 6/ Dundee (12) 7/ Hamilton (9) 8/ Ayr Utd (6)

In other news the Sun can reveal that the Pope is a Catholic.

What the hell? There's a corner of Hearts fans that sing all the rangers songs, nothing like that at Hibs, how on earth can there be more Hibs fans arrested for bigotry?

Does that include all the times we (didn't) sing "Paddy Fenlon's 'Fenian' Army.."

:pfgwa <--

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    I'm not sure of what they count as sectarian but I don't think I've ever heard religious chanting in my puff amongst Hibees.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FleshCabbage
    Jelly and Ice Cream song is to blame

A big push next season and we can split the Old Firm.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    I'm not sure of what they count as sectarian but I don't think I've ever heard religious chanting in my puff amongst Hibees.
    I know of at least two who were arrested for singing the Edinburgh song on a train.

@hibs.net private member
    As the Tory states in the article its a crap piece of legislation. It's jumped up Breech charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    I know of at least two who were arrested for singing the Edinburgh song on a train.
    Aye .... I would guess that song is to blame for a number of our 17 arrests. I would write one of my long winded rants at the morons who sing that rubbish, but theres not much point when its highly unlikely that my target audience can read.

Apart from that I have to say I cant remember any time over the last decade hearing Hibs fans singing any sort of sectarian song .... 'go home ya Huns' doesnt count ..... IMO a word is not sectarian just because Nil by mouth say it is.

I know folk are making a few jokes in relation to this thread, but in all honesty this is a league table I would be glad to see Hibs bottom of.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    This is all about the distorting effect of who the authorities don't prosecute in my opinion. Zero bigoted behaviour should be the target though.
    I know one of the guys who was prosecuted well, it was for singing that song but to be honest he is simply an arse when drunk and wouldn't have the ability to form a view never mind a bigotted one. He deserved to be prosecuted but was frankly the easiest target on the train for the cops but some of them were definitely going to be harder to handle! The same selection process is what ensures zero action against the hordes you hear singing bigoted songs every week, too big a target so hide and hope it goes away.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    I'd be interested to see the breakdown of arrests at Ipox and Darkheid.
    Bet there were no hibbees arrested at Ipox last season. FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by Antwerphibs View Post
    I wonder what bigotry the Hibs fans were lifted for? Presumably not sectarian... I wonder if that figure is inflated by charges being added to the Ccs records when they get done?
    Why presumably not sectarian? Theres a small element in our support that still lap all that ***** up.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Why presumably not sectarian? Theres a small element in our support that still lap all that ***** up.

What have you heard them singing and when?

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post

e5001371.gif

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Doesnae need to be singing songs does it? theres plenty references to orange this and that that go unchallenged. More outwith the stadium in boozers, on the train etc. Its quite sad really cos if it was anti islam you would have folk falling over each other on here to condemn it.

Having said that though I'm astounded to see us above the Yammish ones in that table.
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 16-06-2013 at 02:40 PM.

Here we go.

Doesnae need to be singing songs does it? theres plenty references to orange this and that that go unchallenged. More outwith the stadium in boozers, on the train etc. Its quite sad really cos if it was anti islam you would have folk falling over each other on here to condemn it.

Having said that though I'm astounded to see us above the Yammish ones in that table.

Ah OK, I thought you meant songs at ER.

Just out of interest, do you consider 'Orange B*' to be a sectarian term? If so, why? It's just that I can understand 'Proddy B*', as it refers to a religion, but not that. Not a dig, just a genuine question.

Just getting into semantics now, you and I both know the meaning behind such phrases.

Utter bollocks. I would say the term orange *******s is similar to saying racist *******s or facist *******s or xenophobic *******s. The orange order is at its heart an anti-Catholic and in this country anti-Irish organisation. To suggest that calling someone an orange ******* is in any way similar to anti-Islamic sentiment is non-sense nor is it anti-Protestant.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post
    Utter bollocks. I would say the term orange *******s is similar to saying racist *******s or facist *******s or xenophobic *******s. The orange order is at its heart an anti-Catholic and in this country anti-Irish organisation. To suggest that calling someone an orange ******* is in any way similar to anti-Islamic sentiment is non-sense nor is it anti-Protestant.
    Nonsense.

On the way to both recent Tynecastle derbies, I've heard a group of guys singing the Soldier's Song. I've never heard anything sectarian while watching Hibs within the stadium, but it seems to be outside the stadiums that this nonsense can (infrequently) be heard. Are these figures only for arrests within the stadium?