hibs.net Messageboard

Hibs Share Certificates

To any Yams looking in who may wonder what a Share Certificate is Clap yer eyes on this. I proudly display my original certificate.

Scan.jpg

2. Log in to remove the advert

Are you sure you really want to share that information with any Yam onlookers especially if that's your address. Even worse if you lived there and have now moved. Wouldn't take much for some nutter to throw a missile through your window.

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you sure you really want to share that information with any Yam onlookers especially if that's your address. Even worse if you lived there and have now moved. Wouldn't take much for some nutter to throw a missile through your window.
    Missiles always get launched through the windows in Campie anyway

Funny Because I came across this.... Granted a slight difference in his first name but I reckon I know who it is, goes a long way to explaining a few things.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Time For Heroes; 14-06-2013 at 11:55 PM.

@hibs.net private member surreyhibbie's Avatar
    Haha, it's along time since you lived in Campie, Fatbloke. :-)
    Alcohol IS the answer, but I forget the question...

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Andy Stewart is a Hibby Brilliant. By the way, looks nothing like my share certificate.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post
    Andy Stewart is a Hibby Brilliant. By the way, looks nothing like my share certificate.
    What's posted above is one of the shares in Edinburgh Hibernian plc (SC112772) from the public offering during the Duff & Gray regime. Different company number from any shares that are issued now because they now just sell shares in Hibernian FC Ltd (SC005323).

Edinburgh Hibernian plc (latterly Forth Investments plc) went into receivership (insolvency) in 1991 because as well as owning Hibernian FC Ltd, it also owned those "trendy wine bars" that were in negative equity. Tom Farmer then used that crisis to separate out Hibernian FC Ltd from Edinburgh Hibernian plc, as he bought Hibernian FC Ltd from the receiver of Edinburgh Hibernian plc. As explained in the "That Was The Team That Was" episode about the 91/92 Skol Cup team.

https://www.duedil.com/company/SC112...nvestments-plc
    Last edited by Part/Time Supporter; 15-06-2013 at 06:35 AM.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    What's posted above is one of the shares in Edinburgh Hibernian plc (SC112772) from the public offering during the Duff & Gray regime. Different company number from any shares that are issued now because they now just sell shares in Hibernian FC Ltd (SC005323).

Edinburgh Hibernian plc (latterly Forth Investments plc) went into receivership (insolvency) in 1991 because as well as owning Hibernian FC Ltd, it also owned those "trendy wine bars" that were in negative equity. Tom Farmer then used that crisis to separate out Hibernian FC Ltd from Edinburgh Hibernian plc, as he bought Hibernian FC Ltd from the receiver of Edinburgh Hibernian plc. As explained in the "That Was The Team That Was" episode about the 91/92 Skol Cup team.

....and he made sure that all of those private individuals who had bought shares in the old company were given shares in the new one.

Just out of interest, how do you buy shares in Hibs and what is the minimum amount you can buy?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875

Kinda guessed that

Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    Just out of interest, how do you buy shares in Hibs and what is the minimum amount you can buy?
    Email pjensen@hibernianfc.co.uk for details. Minimum purchase is £50.

Be warned you will wait ages for a reply

Quote Originally Posted by surreyhibbie View Post
    Haha, it's along time since you lived in Campie, Fatbloke. :-)
    35 years and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post
    That is an original the club sent out new ones later.

Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    IIRC it is either 100 shares or £100.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbloke View Post
    To any Yams looking in who may wonder what a Share Certificate is Clap yer eyes on this. I proudly display my original certificate.

Scan.jpg
    Campie? You're still a Fa'side bloke at heart!

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar

Scan.jpg
    Were you a janitor?

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    But they've been issued. ShareScanHibsLLP.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberlin View Post
    Campie? You're still a Fa'side bloke at heart!
    Always - you can take the bloke out of Fa'side but.......

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Were you a janitor?
    hi Scoopyboy - nah my auld man wiz. How's things in deepest East Lothian. how's yer auld man and brother doing?

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    IMG_0267 (2).jpg

My share certificate.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Email pjensen@hibernianfc.co.uk for details. Minimum purchase is £50.

Be warned you will wait ages for a reply
    Might not be ages, it all depends on matching up sellers and buyers. I was lucky and the whole thing was wrapped up in a couple of weeks.
    Space to let

By the way, in the spirit of 'knowing your history', I have read Yams saying that in the Farmer rescue of Hibs post Mercer bid, that Hibs stiffed a whole bunch of creditors, and we basically scammed our way out of liquidation. It sounds like typical 'youre as bad as us' nonsense, but came to realise I hadnt a scooby what actually happened. I thought TF just bought up all the shares?

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter1 View Post
    By the way, in the spirit of 'knowing your history', I have read Yams saying that in the Farmer rescue of Hibs post Mercer bid, that Hibs stiffed a whole bunch of creditors, and we basically scammed our way out of liquidation. It sounds like typical 'youre as bad as us' nonsense, but came to realise I hadnt a scooby what actually happened. I thought TF just bought up all the shares?
    See above.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

Scan.jpg
    Ok which poor unfortunate yam now lives at this address who'll get grief despite being one of their own ;)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Scan.jpg
    Spooky. Im a VERY close neighbour ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

See above.
    Cheers! So it seems that when Edinburgh Hibernian was liquidated, Tom and the fans bought the football club, and the bars were sold elsewhere. Did the club itself have crippling debts, or was the club brought down by the failure of the bars? I.e. did we overspend ourselves to the grave? I've always presumed the football club itself was still solvent, but the danger came when some of the people owning the shares were willing to sell to Mercer.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter1 View Post
    Cheers! So it seems that when Edinburgh Hibernian was liquidated, Tom and the fans bought the football club, and the bars were sold elsewhere. Did the club itself have crippling debts, or was the club brought down by the failure of the bars? I.e. did we overspend ourselves to the grave? I've always presumed the football club itself was still solvent, but the danger came when some of the people owning the shares were willing to sell to Mercer.
    Hibernian FC itself had debts at that time, but nothing that would have caused insolvency. The club was dragged down by the non-football investments of the parent company going bad. The investments were made at or near the top of the late 80s bubble, then values quickly declined from 1989 to 1991. This also had the effect of depressing the share price of the (publicly traded) parent company, which made it possible for Mercer to attempt his takeover in 1990.

Hibernian FC itself had debts at that time, but nothing that would have caused insolvency. The club was dragged down by the non-football investments of the parent company going bad. The investments were made at or near the top of the late 80s bubble, then values quickly declined from 1989 to 1991. This also had the effect of depressing the share price of the (publicly traded) parent company, which made it possible for Mercer to attempt his takeover in 1990.
    Cheers once again. So to sum up, would you in your informed opinion , deny the accusation that Hibs defaulted their creditors when Tom Farmer purchased the football club?