hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough

Thanks again Sir Tom Farmer

Watching them squirm across the road without anybody credible wanting to touch them with a bargepole makes me think how lucky we were that Sir Tom stood up and got counted when we had our troubles. Thanks again Sir

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ship Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Watching them squirm across the road without anybody credible wanting to touch them with a bargepole makes me think how lucky we were that Sir Tom stood up and got counted when we had our troubles. Thanks again Sir

Remember when people wanted him to spend more on players?

I recall sayin this years ago....

Hertz maxed out their credit cards.

Sir T doesn't do them.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by desantos0773 View Post
    Remember when people wanted him to spend more on players?
    Too true, thankfully Sir Tom went to the 'You can only piss with the c**k you've got' school of economics!
    Last edited by Ship Hibs; 14-06-2013 at 08:50 PM.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    OAPEN THE BISCUIT TIN PETRIE!!

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    OAPEN THE BISCUIT TIN PETRIE!!
    TBH, I'd be quite happy if he opened the cigar box tonight and sparked up a fat one. Just for himself.

First Team Breakthrough
    There is a happy medium (spending wise) between Petrie and Mad Vlad.

Have never understood Critiscm of sir Tom! Right up there with hibs legends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    I thought Rima was the happy medium.

Give it a couple of weeks and there will be folk moaning and wanting rid off him and Rod

Petrie out vlad in

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Give it a couple of weeks and there will be folk moaning and wanting rid off him and Rod
    Just because we are not comparable to the extreme example of the Pub Teams "business model" does not automatically exempt Petrie, and to a lesser extent Farmer, from criticisim of the mess, which we look like we might ever so slowly be pulling ourselves out of, we were in.

Anyway, time to crack open another celebratory beer after this weeks events

First Team Regular
    Vlad took them on a £60m jolly and didn't ask for any of the money back. They were in exactly this position when he turned up.

If a crazy person wants to spend that kind of dough on Hibs and then return us to our current situation then I'd be cool with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Giant View Post
    Vlad took them on a £60m jolly and didn't ask for any of the money back. They were in exactly this position when he turned up.

If a crazy person wants to spend that kind of dough on Hibs and then return us to our current situation then I'd be cool with that.
    No, they weren't. They had an offer from CALA for £22m for Tynie. Their debts were £16m. They were solvent.

Now they have debts of over £35m and assets of....?. They are nowhere near solvent.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Is there?

Hibs spend all the money they receive on the team and have suffered losses over the last few years.

Are you suggesting we should have deliberately incurred even bigger losses?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Giant View Post

Tosh. Don't fall for that sheite.

Hearts owned their stadium. They don't now.

Had they sold it, they would have had millions left over.

They didn't owe HMRC anything. They didn't have £25m++++++ debt, nothing near it.

And they wouldn't have stolen from their creditors by going into administration or liquidation.

Now, they will lose their stadium, lose their players, screw loads of folk here and in Lithuania and have zilch money left to buy even a wee trophy cabinet for copies of their 2 shiny baubles that cost them so dear.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

In reality we were lucky to land with Farmer, it's never seen any lavish spending like they enjoyed but it's brought stability and steady progress despite some good ups and desperate downs along the way. Just hope Fenlon can bring us into another bright period like we had with Mowbray and Mcleish.

Speculate to accumulate or in Hearts case Speculate to Capitulate!!

Admit that I was one who wanted the purse strings loosened a little, but glad now that Sir Tom is there. Was very P'd off over selling GOC a few days before THAT semi, but hey ho, all history now. Much like the yams soon will be!!

First Team Regular West hamBERNIAN's Avatar
    must admit, find it really annoying that we (the majority)get so excited about them getting "liquidized" or whatever you want to call it. there only going to come back in a few years with no debt and the same fan base. look at sevco, there are a lot of rangers fANS really enjoying the escapade and its not really in effect a just punishment, say what you will, 5 years from now we'll be 10 to 1 at home to rangers and hearts will be outbidding us for players because lets face it, what will they lose? nonsense. what do they lose. **** castle? was always happening anyway, they'll end up ground sharing with livingstone.

@hibs.net private member ...WentToMowAnSPL's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: satvis1
    Quote Originally Posted by West hamBERNIAN View Post
    must admit, find it really annoying that we (the majority)get so excited about them getting "liquidized" or whatever you want to call it. there only going to come back in a few years with no debt and the same fan base. look at sevco, there are a lot of rangers fANS really enjoying the escapade and its not really in effect a just punishment, say what you will, 5 years from now we'll be 10 to 1 at home to rangers and hearts will be outbidding us for players because lets face it, what will they lose? nonsense. what do they lose. **** castle? was always happening anyway, they'll end up ground sharing with livingstone.
    That's the problem with zombies ... Difficult to kill something that's already dead
    "At the end of the day, we all aspire to bigger things in our lives but one thing I can truly say from my heart is if I never kick a ball for one of these bigger clubs I would be delighted to stay with Hibs for the rest of my career. That's how highly I regard this club." Ivan Sproule

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Is there?

Hibs spend all the money they receive on the team and have suffered losses over the last few years.

Are you suggesting we should have deliberately incurred even bigger losses?
    This.

The Hibs manager has one of the most competitive budgets in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by West hamBERNIAN View Post
    Oh dear. Hangover this morning.

We still have to be careful.How do we make sure we always have sensible owners.Only takes us to fall into the wrong hands once and it's all over. Look across the road and the blue side of Glasgow.

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    Quote Originally Posted by Greendrongo View Post
    We still have to be careful.How do we make sure we always have sensible owners.Only takes us to fall into the wrong hands once and it's all over. Look across the road and the blue side of Glasgow.
    Agreed. I've had many an argument with zombie fans in the past few weeks and I have to agree when they say that it could hypothetically happen to us.

It'd be good to be able to ensure nae fannies ever took us over, but Rod and STF aren't hinting that they're leaving so all is ok the now.
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

First Team Regular
    Just for the record - can anyone explain, in two sentences for a business/ economics moron, where Hibs will be when STF's interest ends (ie when he dies/ retires etc)...

First Team Regular West hamBERNIAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein View Post
    Oh dear. Hangover this morning.
    Just going for a game of tennis mate but aye, I little bit

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    TBH, I'd be quite happy if he opened the cigar box tonight and sparked up a fat one. Just for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This.

The Hibs manager has one of the most competitive budgets in the league.
    Also worth pointing out - it's about more than budget.

Dunno what other folk think but here's a question:
    Outside of Celtic would you swap our squad last season for any one other squad?

On paper I'm not sure I would have.

I'd say we can have more impact by addressing the reasons we seem to underperform rather than thinking buying better players alone is the answer.

That's not to say I'd say no if Rod finds a spare £80 million down the back of the sofa and decides to bring Gareth Bale in mind

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

I remember meeting STF at a function soon after he took control at ER and he stressed the need for companies , especially in football , to have a solid 3/5 year business plan in place and to it !
    In hindsight he has been proved correct and how