hibs.net Messageboard

Neighbours Sky dish

My son has just damaged the receiver on our neighbours Sky dish with his football. Anyone know how much this is going to cost me.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

How old is the dish.. you could always tell them that the bits of the dish have rusted away and its hanging at a funny angle and it looks like its going to fall and hit the dug or the kids or your car...??? They will have someone out within 48hrs and if your nice enough then - usually the repair man cany be bothered to fill in a damaged report - just a wear and tear report.. .. had 2 fixed in the last 3 years..

Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Btw. Better not be my sky dish

Quote Originally Posted by Loopz View Post
    My son has just damaged the receiver on our neighbours Sky dish with his football. Anyone know how much this is going to cost me.
    Hi Hopefully you get on well with the Neighbour, but I just asked she who must be obeyed, who works for sky, and she has given 3 scenarios: 1. If the sky was installed under 12 months ago, or they have had a service call in the last 3 months, it will be covered by warranty as long as they do not say it was their fault/what happened. 2 If the sky was installed over 12 months ago, service call with sky will cost £60 parts and labour, or you can go to /get a price from an independent engineer. sometimes they can be cheaper than £60 depending on damage. Hope this of help to you. Don't you just love being a parent !

Neighbour has already been at the door and my youngest son told us what happened whilst his older brother looked very worried. We have said we will pay for the damage, just not sure how much it will be.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Hibs kids shouldn't be playing hoofball, tell them to keep it on the deck next time.

Neighbour has already been at the door and my youngest son told us what happened whilst his older brother looked very worried. We have said we will pay for the damage, just not sure how much it will be.

Has your neighbour phoned sky yet ??? if Not - ask him not to mention the damage ?? just to say that his sky is no working.. if he tells the switchboard folks it was damaged they will automatically bill him for a new dish !!!

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    Hibs kids shouldn't be playing hoofball, tell them to keep it on the deck next time.

To be fair.. the wee laddie shouted Kujabi after he done the free kick to the dish..

If they give a repair price at that point your neighbour should say that they're going to have to cancel their sky subscription then they'll offer to fix it for nothing. Must have done this 3 or 4 times in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by mca View Post
    To be fair.. the wee laddie shouted Kujabi after he done the free kick to the dish..
    But that usually only slowly trickles towards the corner flag

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    This even made my wife laugh for the first time since she answered the door to our neighbour. To be fair to my sons, they were playing with their older Jambo cousin at the time, he is obviously a bad influence.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GlasMatt PSN ID: mrxblaikiex
    £60 service call I would imagine! Or deny all knowledge and claim it isn't your child!

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    This even made my wife laugh for the first time since she answered the door to our neighbour. To be fair to my sons, they were playing with their older Jambo cousin at the time, he is obviously a bad influence.
    You missed the obvious oppertune moment to blame it on the jambo cousin wherein the assumed jambo supporting parent/s could have loaned the money to themselves to recompense the affected viewing household.
    Last edited by Booked4Being-Ugly; 12-06-2013 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Booked4Being-Ugly View Post
    You missed the obvious oppertune moment to blame it on the jambo cousin wherein the assumed jambo supporting parent/s could have loaned the money to themselves to recompense the affected viewing household.

If your neighbor has accidental damage on their buildings insurance and the cover extends to Ariel and dishes permanently attached to the walls of the building they can claim under their buildings insurance which may just cost you the £50 excess if cover is current?

Quote Originally Posted by lewis_1875 View Post
    But that usually only slowly trickles towards the corner flag

... If Kujabi had Half the power of that wee mans foot.. he might have reached the sky dish as well....

Out of warranty service calls are £65, in warranty (installed within last 12 months) will be free.

If they threaten to cancel because they don't want to pay the £65 then the cancellations department will most likely be able to authorise a service call for about £15.

Don't believe that even the cancellations team have the ability to put through free service calls anymore.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Has your neighbour phoned sky yet ??? if Not - ask him not to mention the damage ?? just to say that his sky is no working.. if he tells the switchboard folks it was damaged they will automatically bill him for a new dish !!!
    ...and also hope that Sky don't read Hibsnet forums

Tell them its too bad, get out and do something with their life instead of watching over priced trashy tory TV?

Left by mutual consent!
    whats your son doing playing football and exercising,should he not be on his xbox