hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

13/14 season tickets at 8,000 - Hibs targeting 11,000

It apparently took us until August last year to get to 8,000 according to the Scotsman...it appears the early action of Pat getting some of the new signings in quick is having a positive effect on ST sales ! GGTTH One team in the Capital

2. Log in to remove the advert

Given the guff that the Scotsman punt out regarding Yams propaganda, I'd be slightly wary of believing anything they printed.

If it's true, then it's a good effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Gav View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It apparently took us until August last year to get to 8,000 according to the Scotsman...it appears the early action of Pat getting some of the new signings in quick is having a positive effect on ST sales ! GGTTH One team in the Capital
    Great news - I think the clever season ticket launch encouraged a lot of people to sign up, including myself. If we can creep up to 10,000 then we'd be doing incredibly well in the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Given the guff that the Scotsman punt out regarding Yams propaganda, I'd be slightly wary of believing anything they printed.

If it's true, then it's a good effort.
    Point taken...but they are quoting Russell Smith from our commercial dept so every reason to believe it

Good for the time of year, could creep up to 9,000 with the right signings. Ggtth

Left by mutual consent!
    Have we sold more season tickets than Edinburghs big team then? Surelt not

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Great news and a superb effort by 12 June.

Quote Originally Posted by brydekirk View Post
    Good for the time of year, could creep up to 9,000 with the right signings. Ggtth

Even if it doesn't it would be quite encouraging if we could drum up some of the support that's missing to attend at least the first home game.. try entice them back with our (hopefully) new team, new desire and a winning start

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Gav View Post
    I agree with this 100%, leaving it until the last minute to bring-in players is counter-productive. All it does is give fans the Impression you are scoping up players no one else wants. Having said that, they can take as long as they want to tell us we have signed up Sparky.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithBoozy View Post
    I agree with this 100%, leaving it until the last minute to bring-in players is counter-productive. All it does is give fans the Impression you are scoping up players no one else wants. Having said that, they can take as long as they want to tell us we have signed up Sparky.
    but tomorrow would be better

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    but tomorrow would be better
    You are correct of course Dan.

I think the SEVCO case, exposing the sickening corruption at the heart of Scottish Football, and the inept, incompetent, and cheating way our so-called 'authorities' tried to deal with it, turned loads of fans off, from all clubs.

I think Hearts implosion has got a lot of people interested again, with that sense that cheats never prosper.

From our point of view, we have Europe, and the second best crop of youngsters in Scottish football, so good times ahead.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Cup final tickets will have shifted a fair few. I think that's got a greater bearing than any signings thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by LeithBoozy View Post
    You are correct of course Dan.
    Yep, but better late than never !.............if we get the next couple of signings right and announced soon we could have a great core to back the team. This would hopefully give us a good start with the Euro game(s) and a positive launch into the league campaign which might also encourage walk ups ..

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    I think the SEVCO case, exposing the sickening corruption at the heart of Scottish Football, and the inept, incompetent, and cheating way our so-called 'authorities' tried to deal with it, turned loads of fans off, from all clubs.

I think Hearts implosion has got a lot of people interested again, with that sense that cheats never prosper.

From our point of view, we have Europe, and the second best crop of youngsters in Scottish football, so good times ahead.
    Must agree

I haven't renewed yet but do intend to!
    Must be few more in same position.

Quote Originally Posted by darwenhibby View Post
    I haven't renewed yet but do intend to!
    Must be few more in same position.
    A few of my mates are the same...getting holidays out of the way then renewing..

I renewed on the first day. But I feel it was more out of habit than anything else. The way things are going can't see next season will be any different than the last few. But finger crossed I'm wrong ;) GGTTH

First Team Breakthrough
    If that number is accurate it's very impressive as i'm sure many others (myself included) are still to renew, hopefully we can get to 10,000. Anyone know statistics on season ticket sales? Like year by year?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Signing Leigh would be worth another 1000 or so at least I would guess

Quote Originally Posted by Notahappyhibee View Post
    I renewed on the first day. But I feel it was more out of habit than anything else. The way things are going can't see next season will be any different than the last few. But finger crossed I'm wrong ;) GGTTH
    I'm the same. Me and my laddies peace from the other half every other week : otherwise it would be shopping

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Signing Leigh would be worth another 1000 or so at least I would guess
    I doubt that. How many extra season tickets did we sell on the back of last years 'must have' signing McPake? Did the resigning of Riordan cause a dramatic increase in attendance? Or signing Stokes?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Stokes was a Sunderland reserve player for starters

Riordan was signed in January was he not? No idea on attendances if I'm honest, but in my view he never had as much an impact as sparky.

As for mcpake I think we always knew he was going to sign

My point is that I agree that if we got Griffiths a lot of fans would sign up for

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post

Absolutely Robert. I didnt renew last season for the first time since 1984 but have signed up again for the coming season.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Cup final tickets will have shifted a fair few. I think that's got a greater bearing than any signings thus far.
    But we had the same ST policy last year so are comparing like for like.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs4thecup1988 View Post

Riordan was signed in January was he not? No idea on attendances if I'm honest, but in my view he never had as much an impact as sparky.

My point is that I agree that if we got Griffiths a lot of fans would sign up for

Riordan was signed on deadline day in the summer of 2008.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: JonnyLifeForce
    I think payment plan has captured few more than previous years including myself. Much more manageable.

Problem is, half of them are kids tickets bought to get cup final tickets .

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs4thecup1988 View Post

Griffiths played last year when we were getting gates of 8,ooo something. It's not really ever been shown that signing a couple of players the fans want makes any real difference to the crowds.

The crowds will only come when we win on a regular basis and that can be achieved by building a better team overall even if we don't sign any 'big name' players.

On Stokes - Sparky would be a Sunderland reserves play too.

Pretty good if 8,000 is an accurate figure.

If we can get to 10,000 by the start of the season ( even if that includes 3,000 kids tickets ) it would be pretty decent.

Hibs could attract a fair number of walk up fans for our Euro home game in July if they had a scheme where anybody buying a ticket for that match was promised a discount for the next Euro home game ....... should there be one

FYI ... I know everybody is a walk up for European games
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 12-06-2013 at 05:39 PM.