hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What are the reasons you would consider this?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want to support Hibs financially with no added incentive required

39 75.00%
  • There are priorities given to contributors similar to those for ST holders

7 13.46%
  • The money raised went towards paying for a specific player

6 11.54%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Would You Contribute To A Managers Fund?

For some time now, the idea of a Managers Fund - where fans contribute an amount within their budget monthly in order that it is used directly on the playing squad - has been discussed. This poll is intended to gauge the level of support for such a scheme if it were available. All (constructive ) comments are welcomed

*Please note, this poll is not being posted on behalf of hibs.net. It is part of the work LWT were undertaking this season and this post is merely canvassing opinion.
    Last edited by FranckSuzy; 31-05-2013 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Additional Information

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular West hamBERNIAN's Avatar
    if there where a dedicated payment service to help fund transfers i'd be all for it. would also pay a pretty penny for hibs tv if they were to televise games for ppl in England to. i realise many make the effort to drive from england for games but after driving around 50-60 hrs a week it ain't easy. just saying

Quote Originally Posted by West hamBERNIAN View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    if there where a dedicated payment service to help fund transfers i'd be all for it. would also pay a pretty penny for hibs tv if they were to televise games for ppl in England to. i realise many make the effort to drive from england for games but after driving around 50-60 hrs a week it ain't easy. just saying

As for the rest of your post, maybe you could contact HibsTV?

As i already pay into the Hibernians, would this take away from that scheme?
    Cougars!!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    why would it? Are you only going tae pay half tae each?

@hibs.net private member
    Currently buy the Hibs Lotto, would rather pay twice as much directly to the manager's fund.

Good question HH. No, in a nutshell. That scheme already exists and AFAIK will continue. This scheme is intended to cater for those who wish to contribute directly to the funds the manager has access to. For whatever reason, the existing schemes do not appeal to some fans

The Hibernians funds youth development. The fund this thread refers too would generate monies for the manager to use in building etc his senior squad. Any 'new' fund set up (and it's early days yet) would not look to be taking subscribers away from existing income streams
    This is how it feels

First Team Regular West hamBERNIAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post

As for the rest of your post, maybe you could contact HibsTV?
    good point.

I thought I did through the hibs lotto.

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    why would it? Are you only going tae pay half tae each?
    Ok, you may get people cancelling this to pay into the managers fund? Then what?
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EdinCapitals View Post
    Currently buy the Hibs Lotto, would rather pay twice as much directly to the manager's fund.

Quote Originally Posted by EdinCapitals View Post
    Then you are exactly the kind of fan this would cater for IMHO, it's a win-win situation for Hibs, in that all these other schemes will rightly continue to appeal to certain fans. However, it may just be that there's a opening for another type of arrangement. No-one loses out as the money is still going to Hibs whether it be Hibs Lotto, The Hibernians etc. It's just another way to make Sir Rod happy

Left by mutual consent!
    Ok, you may get people cancelling this to pay into the managers fund? Then what?
    You asked about you though It's up tae you what you dae. I donate tae kick for kids every season, that winnae change because of this. This is extra, get yer dosh oot
    Last edited by Saorsa; 31-05-2013 at 07:11 PM.

At present, the idea is that the scheme will offer no incentive other than knowing you are contributing directly to Hibs. The other schemes offer priority/the chance to win money etc. I don't see any reason why they can't co-exist. Either way, Hibs are getting the money

Then you are exactly the kind of fan this would cater for IMHO, it's a win-win situation for Hibs, in that all these other schemes will rightly continue to appeal to certain fans. However, it may just be that there's a opening for another type of arrangement. No-one loses out as the money is still going to Hibs whether it be Hibs Lotto, The Hibernians etc. It's just another way to make Sir Rod happy
    Isnt a percentage of the lotto money deducted though ..ie hibs get 60p & the lotto get 40p from the £ ..whereas the other way hibs/Fenlon gets 100% ...or am I wrong ..?...

Quote Originally Posted by einstein View Post
    That was the whole thing... Hibs lotto...26p in the £ goes to PF.

Whereas with this EVERY penny in the pound would go to PF.

Quote Originally Posted by einstein View Post
    If you buy the lotto then yes you do at the rate of 26p for every £1 you spend. This idea is not intended to steal lotto customers away but rather to offer an alternative to fans who would prefer a sum to go to the manager in total. For example a lotto buyer spending £10 a month is giving Pat £2.60 which is great but anyone donating to this fund in the same way would be giving all £10 to the manager.
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    Isnt a percentage of the lotto money deducted though ..ie hibs get 60p & the lotto get 40p from the £ ..whereas the other way hibs/Fenlon gets 100% ...or am I wrong ..?...
    No, you are not wrong. Well, about the lotto at least . Not sure about the Hibernians. But I think this is the key to the proposed fund-100% of the money goes to the manager. However, with that, you have to accept there is no incentive other than helping the team. No priority for tickets, no prize fund. Just the smug satisfaction of knowing you are giving your hard-earned cash to the Hibees

It's not intended as replacement, HH but rather an alternative. Individual fans can choose which route they are most comfortable with
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    It's not intended as replacement, HH but rather an alternative. Individual fans can choose which route they are most comfortable with
    That is the key point

I think there are enough ways as it is to contribute without buying match tickets. Another one might dilute the income from other schemes and over-complicating things might put people off additional contributions altogether.

No, you are not wrong. Well, about the lotto at least . Not sure about the Hibernians. But I think this is the key to the proposed fund-100% of the money goes to the manager. However, with that, you have to accept there is no incentive other than helping the team. No priority for tickets, no prize fund. Just the smug satisfaction of knowing you are giving your hard-earned cash to the Hibees
    Thanks S ..if I was gonna contribute then I would want every penny spent on the squad..not interested in anything other than better players on that pitch ..good enough for me ..

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    I think there are enough ways as it is to contribute without buying match tickets. Another one might dilute the income from other schemes and over-complicating things might put people off additional contributions altogether.
    Point taken Peter but conversely you could argue that fans who shun the lottery for example, because of the split of takings and who would still like to contribute specifically to a managers fund, would have that choice available
    This is how it feels

I like the Hibernians as i get a final ticket through it

Has anyone even asked hibs as they might not want this?
    Cougars!!!

Lets just say it is a topic that LWT have discussed in the past and will do so again in the future
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    All valid points PD but there have been calls for a scheme such as this from various quarters whenever the subject is brought up. For some reason, the existing schemes are not attracting certain fans, however a fund idea seems to interest some people. This is merely a toe-dip in the water

Also, it shouldn't over-complicate things. There is a scheme for donating to the Youth Team, a Hibs Lotto, STs and hopefully a Manager's Fund. All four are completely different but all result in the same thing - money to Hibs. This is just a more direct option and I would argue, less complicated .
    Last edited by FranckSuzy; 31-05-2013 at 07:28 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    Thanks S ..if I was gonna contribute then I would want every penny spent on the squad..not interested in anything other than better players on that pitch ..good enough for me ..
    This for me. I currently reluctantly pay a few £s a month to the lotto, would much prefer to pay more directly to the proposed fund.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Point taken Peter but conversely you could argue that fans who shun the lottery for example, because of the split of takings and who would still like to contribute specifically to a managers fund, would have that choice available
    I don't gamble, so the lottery is a no go for me. Would be happy to put a small amount Hibs way each month, if I was guaranteed it went to where I was told it was going.
    The 26p in the £1, lottery is a lot less than Hibs will make on merchandise etc, however if hibs view the people tickets as an additional spend, instead of the full lottery, then its incremental

Fair enough HH That's your right. Some people get the tickets but also want to do more

Hibs wouldn't want a donation of money? Come on now