hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar

The Leigh Griffiths Mega Thread (latest: new contract signed with Wolves)

Leigh has just tweeted saying 'I'm back'. Not overly sure what that means like but it could be a good thing for us!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    :

Testimonial Due
    Back on twitter, he's been off for a while

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Probably just been out for some milk and a paper.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    ... from the maternity ward?

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Back on twitter, he's been off for a while
    This. Nothing to get excited about im afraid.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    ... from the maternity ward?
    More likely "to" the maternity ward

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeN View Post
    I think he means back on twitter.

Seeing as his loan period is up and he's no longer a Hibs player, he's probably using it again as it was the club who had banned him for using it.

AdamBurnett™@AdamBurnett2 Griffiths has been let loose on twitter, good tactics to stay at hibs!
    Retweeted by Sir Rod

HIBERNIAN FANS@HIBERNIAN_1875 Our aim today is to get to 100 followers please rt it and make it happen #GGTTH

Seeing as his loan period is up and he's no longer a Hibs player, he's probably using it again as it was the club who had banned him for using it.
    Could even be a bad thing as it could suggest that he's not returning any time soon.

Or else he's just going to have to come back off it as soon as he comes back to us!

He's also retweeting a lot of Celtic fans. Ominous sign?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

Maybe it was Wolves that banned him, and he's no longer a Wolves player?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TamHibs PSN ID: tamhibs22
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Nah he retweets Jumbos too

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Some Celtc supporting cab driver seemed to be indicating it was a done deal for Griffiths to them, not the best source in the world right enough. He also seemed to be clapping them quite a lot at the end of the final.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    As for Leigh's future, he holds as many aces as his club Wolves do, it all depends on how much he really wants to stay at Hibernian.
    As an example, possible discussions could go along these lines

Wolves - Right Leigh, we have just accepted a Ł1m offer from celtc so pack your bags, you're heading to the Weeg,

Leigh - Nah, don't fancy that, I want to sign for Hibs.

Wolves - aye right, they're only offering Ł250,000 so they've no chance, we want the Ł1m

Leigh - couldn't care less what you want, I want to sign for Hibs, either accept Hibs offer or you're not getting a penny from ANYBODY and I'll just hang around here for a year and sign a pre-contract with Hibs in 6 months.

(figures mentioned are purely pulled out of the air from me and are only an example of what could happen)

It might be hard for the laddie to turn down a big salary deal from somebody of course, but as I said, it all depends on how desperate he is to sign for us and also be close to his family and friends, which sometimes talks louder than money.

Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    As for Leigh's future, he holds as many aces as his club Wolves do, it all depends on how much he really wants to stay at Hibernian.
    As an example, possible discussions could go along these lines

Wolves - Right Leigh, we have just accepted a Ł1m offer from celtc so pack your bags, you're heading to the Weeg,

Leigh - Nah, don't fancy that, I want to sign for Hibs.

Wolves - aye right, they're only offering Ł250,000 so they've no chance, we want the Ł1m

Leigh - couldn't care less what you want, I want to sign for Hibs, either accept Hibs offer or you're not getting a penny from ANYBODY and I'll just hang around here for a year and sign a pre-contract with Hibs in 6 months.

(figures mentioned are purely pulled out of the air from me and are only an example of what could happen)

It might be hard for the laddie to turn down a big salary deal from somebody of course, but as I said, it all depends on how desperate he is to sign for us and also be close to his family and friends, which sometimes talks louder than money.
    I am pretty sure he would still be close to his friends and family if he moved to Celtc and with more cash.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    I am pretty sure he would still be close to his friends and family if he moved to Celtc and with more cash.
    Not at all.. You pretty much have to live a totally different life when you play for them!

One thing with Leigh is the fact that he does not play for the money, his heart is at Hibs and unlike others, you can tell no matter the money on offer that he wants to be here!

I'd like to think Leigh thinks too highly of Hibs to sign for Celtic but I've been bitten on the bum by that train of thought too many times before.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    I did only use the 'dodgers' as an example of course and the same arguement could be had regardless of the club that was interested. I am merely trying to point out that, despite them taking up the year option on his contract, if it is so they can get a transfer fee out of him then Leigh also has a big say in this as he cannot be forced in to a move he doesn't want.
    Probably grasping at straws here though in my desperate hope he returns to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bajillions View Post
    I'd like to think Leigh thinks too highly of Hibs to sign for Celtic but I've been bitten on the bum by that train of thought too many times before.
    I won't be too confident of him signing a permanent deal with us until I see him pictured with Fenlon at Easter Road and the club announcing it officially.

I know he's publicly said on more than one occasion that he would like to sign for us and doesn't want to leave but there's a lot of other factors involved.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Not at all.. You pretty much have to live a totally different life when you play for them!

One thing with Leigh is the fact that he does not play for the money, his heart is at Hibs and unlike others, you can tell no matter the money on offer that he wants to be here!
    In what way.?

Must be back from the bookies, never off the puggies ;)

Quote Originally Posted by WHO DAT! View Post
    Must be back from the bookies, never off the puggies ;)
    Must win a fortune if he can go to the bookies in Krakow for you to see him

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    In what way.?
    He currently trains half the day, then hops on the bus, goes visits his kids, hits the bookies and home.

He goes to Glasgow, he suddenly can't get a bus to see his kids, hes the other end of the country and once his training is done there isn't a lot of time to jump on two trains or a bus across the country! I'd imagine the training regime at Celtic is a lot stricter and they'd be in the training centre a lot longer than 12/1pm.. Leigh loves how he can just finish training and spend the rest of the day with his kids.. Move to Glasgow and that then becomes a bit different!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: EdinburghHibee86

He currently trains half the day, then hops on the bus, goes visits his kids, hits the bookies and home.

He goes to Glasgow, he suddenly can't get a bus to see his kids, hes the other end of the country and once his training is done there isn't a lot of time to jump on two trains or a bus across the country! I'd imagine the training regime at Celtic is a lot stricter and they'd be in the training centre a lot longer than 12/1pm.. Leigh loves how he can just finish training and spend the rest of the day with his kids.. Move to Glasgow and that then becomes a bit different!
    Do hibs make their players stay in hotels before games? I know Celtic players stay at the Dekota at euro central before their games.

He said in the Sun the other day there that his mate Paul drives him everywhere and is his personnel chauffeur and he looks after him for doing it, pretty sure most clubs finish there training round about the same time which is normally around 2 o'clock and get away about that time, i see Broonie plenty times through the day so don't think they do longer training sessions than any other clubs out there, maybe he could cut out the bookies and do his betting on line while being driven about seeing his kids it's only about 30 minutes to get back to Edinburgh from Lennoxtown in the car, it's hardly the other side of the country.

Just out of curiosity why doesn't he just sit his driving test.

The only difference i can think of is that they stay in a hotel before games but they are allowed to go home after training and then be back at the hotel for a certain time at night time.

Quote Originally Posted by edinburghhibee View Post
    Do hibs make their players stay in hotels before games? I know Celtic players stay at the Dekota at euro central before their games.
    No.

Unless away to Inverness Ross County or Aberdeen.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: EdinburghHibee86

No.

Unless away to Inverness Ross County or Aberdeen.
    Thought that but didn't want to state it as fact.

He said in the Sun the other day there that his mate Paul drives him everywhere and is his personnel chauffeur and he looks after him for doing it, pretty sure most clubs finish there training round about the same time which is normally around 2 o'clock and get away about that time, i see Broonie plenty times through the day so don't think they do longer training sessions than any other clubs out there, maybe he could cut out the bookies and do his betting on line while being driven about seeing his kids it's only about 30 minutes to get back to Edinburgh from Lennoxtown in the car, it's hardly the other side of the country.

Just out of curiosity why doesn't he just sit his driving test.

The only difference i can think of is that they stay in a hotel before games but they are allowed to go home after training and then be back at the hotel for a certain time at night time.
    Saw Leigh wi "pitch" rage ...dinnae fancy his chances much behind the wheel o a car ..