hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough DanHFC1875's Avatar

I left at 2 nil.... why is this a big deal?!

Just wondered why some folk think this is a big deal......????
    No I don't just turn up for the 'Big Games'.... As is often suggested if you are totally gutted and know the craic, when for instance you're team are getting pumped by Celtic in a Final. Fair play to anyone and everyone that did stay.
    P.S. Stayed to the Bitter end against Falkirk, could see a glimmer of hope against them at 3 nil.

Thoughts are welcome.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    its not a big deal - but as you have started a thread about it you must think it is

I started a thread about it due to a few people saying it is. I was just looking to see what the general consensus is. I think Hibs are a big deal ;)

Staying until the end and listening to the fans outsing celtic and there party was an amazing experience! Should always stay till the end, the players done them self proud and deserved the support at the end!

Not a supporter in my eyes.

You missed an amazing day. Imagine if we had come back.

I've never left early and after the semi final I cannot understand anyone that would...especially after 29 minutes of a cup final.

Each to their own though

Fair point, Hibs fans were great, I was there to see us win, realised it wasn't going to happen and headed for the hills.

The storeman at my work told me he left before ht and then went on about slagging the team sayin they were useless even thou he didnt see the full game.. Nearly bit his head of with anger when he started chatting pure toffee to other various fans saying we had no heart,bite and was worst than last year!

Quote Originally Posted by DanHFC1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I started a thread about it due to a few people saying it is. I was just looking to see what the general consensus is. I think Hibs are a big deal ;)
    How can you be totally gutted at 2-0 and leave the stadium?? FWIW - I stayed with many others back in the 70s when the score was 6-1, mind you when the sixth went in, I was beginning to have doubts we could still swing it ...

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Fair point, Hibs fans were great, I was there to see us win, realised it wasn't going to happen and headed for the hills.
    There's the difference. I was there to support my team

It's down to personal choice so it is no big deal. The singing at the end was superb but it was still a sore defeat to handle. How anybody does that is totally up to them.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post

How can you be totally gutted at 2-0 and leave the stadium?? FWIW - I stayed with many others back in the 70s when the score was 6-1, mind you when the sixth went in, I was beginning to have doubts we could still swing it ...

Lol fair enough, I'm not criticising the team, the manager, or any other fans. I paid my money, I thought we'd get pumped and did a bolt. lol

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    There's the difference. I was there to support my team
    Correct.

The OP cannot go every week otherwise he would be in the pub by half time most weeks :

I think you would've been better giving your ticket to someone who was gonna support the team better than you did.

Personally I have never and would never leave before the final whistle. I've made my way to be near an exit in an effort to be one of the first out but this is logistical (and rare).

I pay to watch Hibs play football not just to win. I'd have been absolutely gutted to have missed a comeback of Semi Final proportions on Sunday and it wasn't until the 3rd goal went in so that I actually felt Celtic killed the game off for us.

I don't judge fellow fans and I see no consensus on where the line is drawn. Do we start judging fans who only attend home games? Who aren't wearing scarves or that seasons replica top? How about people who pay Adult prices, are they better than those who pay student prices? Where does it stop?

Personally, I'm sick and tired of this ridiculous class system within our support. I respect that people pay their money and they are entitled to do as they please as long as it's not illegal or purposefully ruining someone elses enjoyment of the game.

Just one mans opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    I think you would've been better giving your ticket to someone who was gonna support the team better than you did.
    LOL all very amusing. I just didn't feel it and left didn't ask you all to come with me.

Quote Originally Posted by hibs4thecup1988 View Post
    Not a supporter in my eyes.
    Even if he goes to more games than you and pumps more money into the club?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Its everyones choice how long they stay, but I found it a little embarrassing people storming out at 2-0. Whats the point in going in the first place if you are going to leave that early just because we are 2 goals down?

Im not sure how many people missed out on tickets but I read about a number of people on here who didnt get tickets, chances are they would have been better with the tickets instead of those who walked out.

You seem to be quite chuffed with yourself.

But he isn't there to SUPPORT the team. He is a fan in my view. Fans can change their ways turn up when they want and go when they want.

Supporters are the ones who stick at it through thick and thin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bajillions View Post
    Personally I have never and would never leave before the final whistle. I've made my way to be near an exit in an effort to be one of the first out but this is logistical (and rare).

I pay to watch Hibs play football not just to win. I'd have been absolutely gutted to have missed a comeback of Semi Final proportions on Sunday and it wasn't until the 3rd goal went in so that I actually felt Celtic killed the game off for us.

I don't judge fellow fans and I see no consensus on where the line is drawn. Do we start judging fans who only attend home games? Who aren't wearing scarves or that seasons replica top? How about people who pay Adult prices, are they better than those who pay student prices? Where does it stop?

Personally, I'm sick and tired of this ridiculous class system within our support. I respect that people pay their money and they are entitled to do as they please as long as it's not illegal or purposefully ruining someone elses enjoyment of the game.

Just one mans opinion
    Well said that man, I think this post has clearly highlighted how judgMENTAL some of our support, which includes me might I add, are. Do I need to make a list of every game I've been to, whether I was there until the end or not. On this occassion for whatever reason, I did a bolt to the boozer.
    Apologies for wanting to see Hibs win the cup. This does not mean I don't want to see hibs play football.

But he isn't there to SUPPORT the team. He is a fan in my view. Fans can change their ways turn up when they want and go when they want.

I've been sat there at the end before almost on my own when we've been horsed. Oh sorry you were probably there too. Is fine If I'm not a supporter in your eyes. You are taking this one game into account. How about if you left last year..... Are they not supporters anymore in your eyes either?

How do I qualify to be part of your exclusive club?

Pathetic, defeatist attitude to leave a football game 30 minutes in. Even worse considering it was only 2-0.

Just wondered why some folk think this is a big deal......????
    No I don't just turn up for the 'Big Games'.... As is often suggested if you are totally gutted and know the craic, when for instance you're team are getting pumped by Celtic in a Final. Fair play to anyone and everyone that did stay.
    P.S. Stayed to the Bitter end against Falkirk, could see a glimmer of hope against them at 3 nil.

Thoughts are welcome.

Because it might be another 25 years before we get to another Scottish cup final?

Not any exclusive club I'm afraid.

As I've said earlier I've never left a ga,e early and after the semi-final I really can't quite fathom out why anyone else would.

As I said though...each to their own

Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    Pathetic, defeatist attitude to leave a football game 30 minutes in. Even worse considering it was only 2-0.
    I keep hearing 30 mins, I left when it was 2 nil. Where does the 30 mins come from. Think about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    That's what gets me. 2-0 is a very dangerous score in soccer. Imagine if Griffiths had went down in the box...Forster off penalty scored. Whole new game.

If he pays Hibs his hard-earned cash to attend games, he's a supporter.

@hibs.net private member PeeKay's Avatar
    If you left early then it was your loss. The atmosphere for the last 15min, and after the final whistle, was electric and I would have missed it for the world.

I keep hearing 30 mins, I left when it was 2 nil. Where does the 30 mins come from. Think about that one.
    Because it was 2-0 at 30 minutes. You now going ti say you left after 80 minutes?

Ledley scored the 3rd goal in 80 mins. it was 2 nil for rather a long time..... but I suppose you can run with whatever you wish.