hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: is it just me

is it just me

sorry if this has already been posted but is it just me or is this guy a class one twat. what he say's may have some truth but he seems determined to ram last years result well & truly down our throats before going on about this years.http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...e-long-1917215

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough HibeeHendo's Avatar
    It's just one of the many digs we've had this season from writers and pundits mate. I'm not sure if people actually do have some sort of vendetta towards us or if I'm just paranoid. What do others think?

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    sorry if this has already been posted but is it just me or is this guy a class one twat. what he say's may have some truth but he seems determined to ram last years result well & truly down our throats before going on about this years.http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...e-long-1917215
    I've been thinking a lot about it the last couple of days and i think he probably has a point. The more i think about it, the players do seem to have gotten off lightly

He's a whank but can kinda see where hes coming from to some degree

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzie View Post
    1. Its in the Daily ****** and therefore not worth reading.

2. I couldn't give a ****** what any no-mark outsiders think about our club. And since I haven't read it because it is in the ****** I'm going to have to assume that the author is precisely that.

like i said there is some truth in what he says but the manor in which he has reported it is a bit OTT to be honest. humiliation , thumping again harping back to last year.

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    just read the piece and he does have a point how we are delighted how we fought for everything, i thought we folded like a pack o cards, he is right nobody took the blame on the goals, ben williams saying it was a good cross for the first and second, he must shoulder the blame for the first goal, it was keepers ball all the time, as for the second both defenders stood of him, they should have been all over him making it harder for him. yes we get to a final and all we hear how we are going to enjoy it, i dont want to hear that i want someone to say we are going to win it.

@hibs.net private member
    I agree with everything he says.

Hanlon was in the paper congratulating Stokes on some great deliveries for the first two goals. Completely ignoring the fact that he should've dealt with both of them.

The sing along with 20 minutes to go was all very Tartan Army-esque made all the worse by the self congratulatory threads on here in the aftermath. 20,000 Hibbies, most of whom haven't been to a game all season, having a sing song after a day on the sauce, instead of walking out like they normally do.

Celtic not leaving second gear and us not even looking close to causing them any kind of trouble was an embarrassment. Made better by the fact that it wasn't our closest rivals this time. But it does seem that our expectations are lower and we now settle for "we out-sung them". For me, a cup win has never been further away.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    1. Its in the Daily ****** and therefore not worth reading.

2. I couldn't give a ****** what any no-mark outsiders think about our club. And since I haven't read it because it is in the ****** I'm going to have to assume that the author is precisely that.
    Well... I read it on a link from the Bounce, and it's ignorant. So don't waste your time - it'll just annoy you. He lost me close to the start when he suggested that Neil Lennon's approach to defeat would be worth emulating. Apparently we're accepting mediocrity because the players weren't all doing a post-Diana-death type public mourning thing after the game. And that means we're losers. He's obviously never met any grown-ups behaving in a dignified and proportionate manner before.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    I think he's spot on in what he says. I doubt we probably could have changed the outcome once we went two down (or probably one for that matter) but the annoying thing for me is that we didn't even try. You get the impression from Fenlon that he is happy we worked hard and didn't lose by the same margin as last year and the changes he made (or didn't make for that matter) back that up.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post

Hanlon was in the paper congratulating Stokes on some great deliveries for the first two goals. Completely ignoring the fact that he should've dealt with both of them.

The sing along with 20 minutes to go was all very Tartan Army-esque made all the worse by the self congratulatory threads on here in the aftermath. 20,000 Hibbies, most of whom haven't been to a game all season, having a sing song after a day on the sauce, instead of walking out like they normally do.

Celtic not leaving second gear and us not even looking close to causing them any kind of trouble was an embarrassment. Made better by the fact that it wasn't our closest rivals this time. But it does seem that our expectations are lower and we now settle for "we out-sung them". For me, a cup win has never been further away.
    Epic Fail, Facepalm and WTF? all rolled into one.

Were you even there? If so were you conscious?

Im not sure anyone at the club has the energy to crucify themselves like we did last year. When you lose against far superior opponents, I think the best to do is take it in good spirits and move on. Behind the scenes I hope Pat reminds his defence and keeper to..

Attack the ball!

It,s a garbage piece of alleged journalism. The players looked gutted at the end. I would rather our players showed a bit class and dignity to the opposition than react like Lennon and the like do when they lose.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by s.a.m View Post
    Well... I read it on a link from the Bounce, and it's ignorant. So don't waste your time - it'll just annoy you. He lost me close to the start when he suggested that Neil Lennon's approach to defeat would be worth emulating. Apparently we're accepting mediocrity because the players weren't all doing a post-Diana-death type public mourning thing after the game. And that means we're losers. He's obviously never met any grown-ups behaving in a dignified and proportionate manner before.
    The ****** has one agenda and that's the Ugly Sisters. Some poseur knob who no doubt spends most of the year with face wedged between Rantic ar5e cheeks decides to lecture us on our club and our team and we're supposed to take that seriously?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by lEXO View Post
    It,s a garbage piece of alleged journalism. The players looked gutted at the end. I would rather our players showed a bit class and dignity to the opposition than react like Lennon and the like do when they lose.
    He probably couldn't spell Easter Road even if you gave him all the necessary vowels and consonants never mind find the place on a map. As for Lennon as a role model for us....I think you'd have to have a serious disorder to think that was a good idea. Mowbray yes. Lennon, just no.

I haven't read or seen many of the post match interviews from the players so I couldn't tell you if they've been hard enough on themselves or not.

However the point about Neil Lennon is not valid.

Celtic have a far better squad of players to choose from and a much bigger squad, of course if they had played like we had done on Sunday and lost 3-0, he would have been going mental.

But let's make things relative, let's put Celtic up against one of their more illustrious Champions League opponents and imagine that they had lost 3-0. I can imagine Lennon coming out and congratulating his team on a decent performance etc.

I am gutted that we lost on Sunday, I wanted to win that cup so much but we lost to a team that has resources at their disposal that we can only dream of. Sometimes teams like ours can beat teams like Celtic but more often than not, we don't for no other reason than the fact that they have far better players on the pitch.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    The ****** has one agenda and that's the Ugly Sisters. Some poseur knob who no doubt spends most of the year with face wedged between Rantic ar5e cheeks decides to lecture us on our club and our team and we're supposed to take that seriously?
    Ignoring what you think of the bloke himself what has he written about us that isn't true ?

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    I haven't read or seen many of the post match interviews from the players so I couldn't tell you if they've been hard enough on themselves or not.

Celtic have a far better squad of players to choose from and a much bigger squad, of course if they had played like we had done on Sunday and lost 3-0, he would have been going mental.

But let's make things relative, let's put Celtic up against one of their more illustrious Champions League opponents and imagine that they had lost 3-0. I can imagine Lennon coming out and congratulating his team on a decent performance etc.

I am gutted that we lost on Sunday, I wanted to win that cup so much but we lost to a team that has resources at their disposal that we can only dream of. Sometimes teams like ours can beat teams like Celtic but more often than not, we don't for no other reason than the fact that they have far better players on the pitch.
    I,m talking about him running on the pitch towards the referee after losing at hampden or his reaction after the Juventus game this season. Nothing sporting about that.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar

That's exactly what he did after they were beaten 3-0 and 2-0 by Juventus.

I'm sorry, but IMHO, you are out-of-order. It was an act of unity, an act of defiance, an act of 'we'll support you evermore', an act of showing appreciation for albeit not a winning performance, but a performance which came about after a fantastic cup run (including putting out the holders and 2 other Premier League sides/coming back from 3-0 down in the semi), brilliant support, an vast improvement from last season and for being in two finals back-to-back for the first time since 1923. Some posters slag off those who decide to leave early and now you have an issue with the vast majority of Sunday's support staying to show they are behind the team? Not Hibs class I'm afraid.

Aye right. I'm not sure what you're saying we should have done differently? It sounds like you disagree with folk walking out when things go badly, but that equally we shouldn't sing in encouragement. Is that about right? Maybe silence is the way to go? Or booing? Let us know the correct procedure for the next time if you wouldnae mind.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Ignoring what you think of the bloke himself what has he written that isn't true ?
    As posted above I don't and won't read the ****** so I have no idea what any particular village idiot writer of theirs may have written about Hibs. And I care even less - they and the Sun have been willing partners to the destruction of Scottish football in the service of their Ugly Sisters masters. A particularly odious and self serving commercial axis of evil.

I certainly don't buy any of the pish that is being written about how we coulda/shoulda won it or done a lot better than we did on the day. We got beat by a vastly better team who were on their game. I'm not going to repeat what I have already posted on this:

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?265436-For-Fans-Complaining-About-Our-Cup-Final-Performance&p=3622862&viewfull=1#post3622862

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?2...=1#post3624324

Why were they vastly better? Because they benefit from decades and decades of a bigotted sectarian divide in Scottish football that ensure they and their twin have a fan catchment area that covers all of Scotland and Ireland. No other team has this, we are all bound by local geographical followings. This divide has been carefully nurtured and developed because it feeds big financial dividends to the two clubs. Result? They have many players on 10k a week, we have some players on 3k a week.

First Team Breakthrough

They got humped 3-0 at home off Juve this year did they not? Lennon then spent the next week berating about how the ref bottled giving penalties because of some jostling in the box.

Whereas our team showed a bit of class and accepted they were the better team and we get slated for it?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Ignoring what you think of the bloke himself what has he written about us that isn't true ?
    We were beaten by the best team in Scotland, playing at close to full strength. From a much inferior squad, we were playing with several players with only a handful of senior games' experience, our captain was injured, and our talismanic striker (only real threat, and the only significant advantage over the opposition) was injured. Nevertheless, we kept trying until the end, despite it being a lost cause by that point. Perhaps it would have been better if they had all lain down on the pitch towards the end, weeping and wailing at their inadequacies, and demonstrating that they knew they weren't good enough?? .Those are the realities of Scottish football. Next year, someone will possibly take the places of Motherwell, Inverness CT and Ross County. And the next year someone else will have a go. Ultimately, however, no one (other than Rangers* and Celtic) will come out on top, because of the way that Scottish Football is resourced. Hibs did their best on Sunday, and were beaten by a better team. The support acknowledged that.* If they still exist

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post
    I'm sorry, but IMHO, you are out-of-order. It was an act of unity, an act of defiance, an act of 'we'll support you evermore', an act of showing appreciation for albeit not a winning performance, but a performance which came about after a fantastic cup run (including putting out the holders and 2 other Premier League sides/coming back from 3-0 down in the semi), brilliant support, an vast improvement from last season and for being in two finals back-to-back for the first time since 1923. Some posters slag off those who decide to leave early and now you have an issue with the vast majority of Sunday's support staying to show they are behind the team? Not Hibs class I'm afraid.
    Dead right.

Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    That's exactly what he did after they were beaten 3-0 and 2-0 by Juventus.
    Exactly the point I was trying to make.

Trying to slate the Hibs reaction to Sunday's match on the basis that Neil Lennon would have publicly berated his team if they had been on the losing side is just not a relevant point.

Any time Celtic lose to Hibs or any other team in Scotland apart from Sevco (when they finally make it into the SPL) the Celtic manager at the time is quite rightly going to be angry and annoyed because, on paper, they really should never lose a domestic game.

However when Celtic lose in Europe, which is comparable to us losing on Sunday, they make very similar comments that we seem to have made after Sunday's match so I don't see the big problem.

Well said.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Utter, utter pish.

@hibs.net private member
    Tell you what, if a quarter of the fans that stayed behind on Sunday do the same at a quarter of the fixtures next season, then we can start congratulating ourselves for having a decent support.

The Hibs support and in particular, this walking out early craze has gotten worse and worse. Not to mention the dismal attendances.

An act of unity and/or defiance will mean a lot more throughout the course of the season. Well done to everybody who stayed till the end with the guys who do it week in, week out but let's stop ****ing each other off about it. Follow it up with 10k+ season ticket sales and a supportive fan base that stays and sings till the end every week.