hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by essexhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep three throws up from the front.
    I was 7 rows back. I thought that boy was going to get a smack. He was so out of order that there had to be something wrong with him. To be fair he did shut up after he was challenged. It must have been the heat.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Lets not let a ver very tiny minority of ignorant ********s shed a bad light on the 99% of the hibs support who were absolutely magnificent on Sunday.

Hope this ****er ****s off as he is certainly not welcome in the hibs support.

Quote Originally Posted by essexhibee View Post
    Almost as disgraceful as when some looney shouted at Griffiths to "**** off back to wolves you lazy prick" and how he didnt pull his finger out the whole game. Got rightly shouted down by all those around him (including myself).

He then had the cheek to go down the front at the end and clap Griffiths and the players!! Baffling.
    I expect a lot of abuse and take no pride in saying that that was me. the only thing I can put it down to is emotions running high and being dissapointed that griffiths never turned up to the biggest game of the season.

It was a terrible shout in the heat of the moment (Who can honestly say they haven't done that at some point) and it goes without saying that i want Griffiths to come back to Hibs more than anything in the world, hes is the reason we have managed to have the season we have, without him there wouldve been no final on Sunday and a much lower finish in the league!

Please accept my apologies to all those that were around.

I do feel though, that just because I had one bad shout, it wasnt a cheek to clap the players. Again, who hasnt shouted something negative at a game and then shown their appreciation and clapped the players.

Anyhow, its done now and once again I apologise!

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    I expect a lot of abuse and take no pride in saying that that was me. the only thing I can put it down to is emotions running high and being dissapointed that griffiths never turned up to the biggest game of the season.

It was a terrible shout in the heat of the moment (Who can honestly say they haven't done that at some point) and it goes without saying that i want Griffiths to come back to Hibs more than anything in the world, hes is the reason we have managed to have the season we have, without him there wouldve been no final on Sunday and a much lower finish in the league!

I do feel though, that just because I had one bad shout, it wasnt a cheek to clap the players. Again, who hasnt shouted something negative at a game and then shown their appreciation and clapped the players.

GGTTH
    Lot of time for this post. Top man for coming on and posting

In Griffiths defence I think he was injured for a majority of the game which didn't help his performance. We've all been there when emotions are running high!
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

First Team Breakthrough Devilstorment's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Devilstorment PSN ID: Devilstorment

GGTTH

well done mate. everyone makes mistakes. Takes courage to say sorry!

GGTTH

[QUOTE=Viking;3624876]I expect a lot of abuse and take no pride in saying that that was me. the only thing I can put it down to is emotions running high and being dissapointed that griffiths never turned up to the biggest game of the season.

mate, in the heat of the moment human beings do and say silly things sometimes, so dinnae worry at all!!!

Promising Youngster Biff Tannen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmmhibby View Post
    this thread, honestly this thread!!!! he done this and she done that and he shouted this!!!! Who cares!!!!
    Well me if I posted it.

That sort of behaviour Is not on.

hope you've apologised to your 5 year old laddie ;)

Well done Viking ... takes a big man to apologise.

On the OP.

Hibs have worked very hard of late to try to attract support from the local immigrant communities in and around Edinburgh. At Hampden on Sunday there were a few black and Asian folk supporting Hibs, but it has to be said that Hibs efforts dont appear to have been hugely successful in that area.

No bloody wonder if we have morons in our support who think that behaviour like that is acceptable. 'mmmmhibby' posted "who cares" but the truth is we should all bloody care. I want to see as many folk as possible turning up at ER to support our club. A club where the only colour that matters is Green and the only language that gets you irritated is coming from the drunk guy up the back abusing the players.

The anti Muslim guy should study the history of the folk who founded the club he supports. If it hadnt been for guys like them standing up to guys like him there would be no Hibernian Football Club.
    Last edited by DaveF; 29-05-2013 at 07:11 AM.

Promising Youngster Biff Tannen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bovril View Post
    well done viking ... Takes a big man to apologise.

On the op.

Hibs have worked very hard of late to try to attract support from the local immigrant communities in and around edinburgh. At hampden on sunday there were a few black and asian folk supporting hibs, but it has to be said that hibs efforts dont appear to have been hugely successful in that area.

No bloody wonder if we have morons in our support who think that behaviour like that is acceptable. 'mmmmhibby' posted "who cares" but the truth is we should all bloody care. I want to see as many folk as possible turning up at er to support our club. A club where the only colour that matters is green and the only language that gets you irritated is coming from the drunk guy up the back abusing the players.

The anti muslim guy should study the history of the folk who founded the club he supports. If it hadnt been for guys like them standing up to guys like him there would be no hibernian football club.
    here here!!!!! Ggtth
    Last edited by DaveF; 29-05-2013 at 07:11 AM.

@hibs.net private member Hibby_Paul's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well said Viking. I put the shout down to the excessive sun on your napper - hope you were not too burnt and sore last couple of days

GGTTH
    Good on you for 'fessing up.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Well done Viking, as other have said it takes a lot to say sorry. Now all we need now is someone to admit the Muslim abuse and we are done here.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Well done Viking, as other have said it takes a lot to say sorry. Now all we need now is someone to admit the Muslim abuse and we are done here.

Well, if it finally gets rid of this thread, I'd happily confess to that incident (even though I couldn't make it to the final )

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Well, if it finally gets rid of this thread, I'd happily confess to that incident (even though I couldn't make it to the final )

Happily??? You're proud of doing that???

Quote Originally Posted by clerriehibs View Post
    Happily??? You're proud of doing that???

I'm very sorry, you're right, I should be ashamed of myself.

GGTTH
    Top marks for this
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BOVRIL View Post

On the OP.

Hibs have worked very hard of late to try to attract support from the local immigrant communities in and around Edinburgh. At Hampden on Sunday there were a few black and Asian folk supporting Hibs, but it has to be said that Hibs efforts dont appear to have been hugely successful in that area.

No bloody wonder if we have morons in our support who think that behaviour like that is acceptable. 'mmmmhibby' posted "who cares" but the truth is we should all bloody care. I want to see as many folk as possible turning up at ER to support our club. A club where the only colour that matters is Green and the only language that gets you irritated is coming from the drunk guy up the back abusing the players.

The anti Muslim guy should study the history of the folk who founded the club he supports. If it hadnt been for guys like them standing up to guys like him there would be no Hibernian Football Club.
    What he said
    Last edited by DaveF; 29-05-2013 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BOVRIL View Post

On the OP.

Absolutely, we should care. I was in section B8 on Sunday and was shocked to hear a guy a few rows down giving Izaguirre racial abuse. At first I thought he was shouting about the ref being a black b****** and was actually thinking to myself 'nah, the refs in blue!?' because it seemed so out of place. Realised who he really meant when he followed that up with a time-warping 'get back to your own country'. Not only was this guy an utter disgrace but by his ignorant rationale we should send Claros back as well.Shameful.
    Last edited by DaveF; 29-05-2013 at 07:12 AM.

GGTTH
    We have all been guilty of that at some point I reckon. Well done for admitting it. I done the same at Eater Road against Aberdeen when Zemmamma was lining up a free kick. Dinnae let that erse take it I shouted. He then stuck it in the top corner, much to my delight and those around me who were laughing at me. Lesson learned for me.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by stranraerhibby View Post
    So you wouldn't be surprised if a hun was singing it?
    Speculating about that isn't right to me. Kicking racism out of football isn't about point scoring.

Left by mutual consent!
    Well, speaking as a Hibee who happens to be one of the 99.9% of gentle Muslims, it is very gratifying and not surprising to read of the response on here. The support brought a tear to my eye on Sunday. Life's all about love, I partly owe my life partner to Hibs. I became interested in Morocco when Benji and Zemmama were here and met my future wife in 2007 there. Suffice to say, I brought my half and half Jocko-Moroccan son and the Scottish Muslim son of a now Hibee, ex-Celt friend along. Keep up the good work guys, and without proselytizing (Islam at least on a Hibs forum), Muhammad's favourite colours were green and white.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Green-T View Post
    Well, speaking as a Hibee who happens to be one of the 99.9% of gentle Muslims, it is very gratifying and not surprising to read of the response on here. The support brought a tear to my eye on Sunday. Life's all about love, I partly owe my life partner to Hibs. I became interested in Morocco when Benji and Zemmama were here and met my future wife in 2007 there. Suffice to say, I brought my half and half Jocko-Moroccan son and the Scottish Muslim son of a now Hibee, ex-Celt friend along. Keep up the good work guys, and without proselytizing (Islam at least on a Hibs forum), Muhammad's favourite colours were green and white.
    Jocko?!?!? In the context of your post, using "jocko" is incredible! It's very often a denigrating term used by the english.

First Team Breakthrough Devilstorment's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Devilstorment PSN ID: Devilstorment
    Jocko?!?!? In the context of your post, using "jocko" is incredible! It's very often a denigrating term used by the english.

... surely chanting "If you hate the f'n muslims clap your hands" is slightly worse than calling someone "Jocko"?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I nearly 'phoned the police.

Quote Originally Posted by bovril View Post
    well done viking ... Takes a big man to apologise.

On the op.

Hibs have worked very hard of late to try to attract support from the local immigrant communities in and around edinburgh. At hampden on sunday there were a few black and asian folk supporting hibs, but it has to be said that hibs efforts dont appear to have been hugely successful in that area.

No bloody wonder if we have morons in our support who think that behaviour like that is acceptable. 'mmmmhibby' posted "who cares" but the truth is we should all bloody care. I want to see as many folk as possible turning up at er to support our club. A club where the only colour that matters is green and the only language that gets you irritated is coming from the drunk guy up the back abusing the players.

The anti muslim guy should study the history of the folk who founded the club he supports. If it hadnt been for guys like them standing up to guys like him there would be no hibernian football club.
    who said that i thought this was acceptable??? I stated my opinion on this matter, and thought it was best to move on. Its called freedom of speech in case you havent noticed.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    ...in which case, we should be reclaiming it in the same way the P words and the N word are.

@hibs.net private member
    Interesting that all condemning the racist for his anti Muslim shout but no else think that term Hun is unacceptable as its a sectarian term? Or implying that Glaswegians don't wash? Surely that's discrimination as well.

Do we need a hand wringing thread after every game?

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post

No we don't.

Nobody should have a problem with Muslims as people, which is where this fan was out of order, but challenging Islam is a must. People like ex Hamas youth leader Mosab Yousef say the truth that stupid, weak politicians in this country don't want to hear. I'll let incredibly brave people like him educate fools like Nick Clegg and co.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Shut it sweaty.