hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

We Stood Together Today.

Leading up to this game the atmosphere was a lot different than last year. It's was more happy/relaxed prob as it wasn't a derby. But I can honestly say, In all my time watching Hibs, at 2-0 down we were still louder than them. Again we tripped at the last hurdle but its coming! I looked around the ground before, during, and after the third went in. No scarfs were getting thrown just everyone standing as one. I had 20,000 brothers and sisters! It felt like a huge family. One day this family is going to have the mother of all parties.

To all fellow Hibby's thank you for a great day out. I'll be seeing you all again in the may Hampden sunshine soon enough. GGTTH!!!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Leading up to this game the atmosphere was a lot different than last year. It's was more happy/relaxed prob as it wasn't a derby. But I can honestly say, In all my time watching Hibs, at 2-0 down we were still louder than them. Again we tripped at the last hurdle but its coming! I looked around the ground before, during, and after the third went in. No scarfs were getting thrown just everyone standing as one. I had 20,000 brothers and sisters! It felt like a huge family. One day this family is going to have the mother of all parties.

To all fellow Hibby's thank you for a great day out. I'll be seeing you all again in the may Hampden sunshine soon enough. GGTTH!!!!
    this

@hibs.net private member HiBremian's Avatar

Despite the result, it made the long journey soooooo worthwhile. Bring on the next one!

First Team Breakthrough Devilstorment's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Devilstorment PSN ID: Devilstorment
    Quote Originally Posted by thecat23 View Post
    leading up to this game the atmosphere was a lot different than last year. It's was more happy/relaxed prob as it wasn't a derby. But i can honestly say, in all my time watching hibs, at 2-0 down we were still louder than them. Again we tripped at the last hurdle but its coming! I looked around the ground before, during, and after the third went in. No scarfs were getting thrown just everyone standing as one. I had 20,000 brothers and sisters! It felt like a huge family. One day this family is going to have the mother of all parties.

To all fellow hibby's thank you for a great day out. I'll be seeing you all again in the may hampden sunshine soon enough. Ggtth!!!!
    bang on!!!

Only time scarves were getting thrown was at the end when the players were walking round! And it was for the right reason

Top class!

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Since "that day" there's been a definite increase in togetherness all round. Lets take today's experience and try to get Easter Road more like today.

With the odd exception every fan did his or her bit today.

Left by mutual consent!
    Great post mate

Was an act of unity & defiance for those who stayed behind, totally made my day!

Never been so proud to be a Hibee

We are Hibernian FC, it'll take more than that to break us

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    Since "that day" there's been a definite increase in togetherness all round. Lets take today's experience and try to get Easter Road more like today.

With the odd exception every fan did his or her bit today.
    If we could get ER just half as loud as today the place would be unreal. We showed what we can be when we're all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Judas Iscariot View Post
    Great post mate

Was an act of unity & defiance for those who stayed behind, totally made my day!

Never been so proud to be a Hibee

We are Hibernian FC, it'll take more than that to break us
    Cheers mate, just saying how it was. As much as we stood gutted, we also stood proud. Better team won but it would be hard to tell looking at the fans. It really was a pleasure to stand alongside so many Hibby's and sing our hearts out like that.

support was special today, not even too disapointed due to that. looking forward to europe

Left by mutual consent!
    Cheers mate, just saying how it was. As much as we stood gutted, we also stood proud. Better team won but it would be hard to tell looking at the fans. It really was a pleasure to stand alongside so many Hibby's and sing our hearts out like that.
    Was going to post something similar myself but you summed it up perfectly!!

Those ****my ****s in Gorgay think they killed us last year, they NEED to think that, that's all they have..

Last year made us stronger, as a club, as a team & as a group of fans!

I'd take 1000 5-1 beatings from them and still be proud & love being a Hibee, safe in the knowledge I wasn't one of those manky ****s

@hibs.net private member JollyGreenGiant's Avatar
    Great post, exactly what I was saying today, you cannae beat being part of the Hibee family.......

and I genuinely think we are getting stronger under Pat!
    Last edited by JollyGreenGiant; 26-05-2013 at 10:39 PM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Hibs as a collective were fantastic today. Ok, we never won and we could have been better on the park, but together we were everything we weren't last year.

We have our club back.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Hibs as a collective were fantastic today. Ok, we never won and we could have been better on the park, but together we were everything we weren't last year.

We have our club back.

Left by mutual consent!

Great post mate, the fans were immense the day which made the day all tgat better. GGTTH

@hibs.net private member
    It was men against boys and the Hibs men performed well off the pitch

So so proud today.

That was what Hibs are all about.

Was quitr literally in tears when we all started singing with 10 mins to go, not because we were losing but because I was do proud of what I was a part off.

You've NAILED it! I've been getting texts from Sellik acquaintances and relatives all day - none of whom were within 30 miles of Hampden Park today! I just asked them; "When's your open top bus parade? Oh, that's right! Yer no' allowed!" Coz we'll have one when we win it!

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Absolutely magnificent. This is what makes this football club, so unique. It's like what Sir Tom Farmer once said, "Without you fans, there is no such thing as Hibernian Football Club". Our atmosphere, showed everyone the potential we have. Imagine ER like this? We would be unstoppable. Everyone felt together. We did our football club very proud. The players, coaches, board members etc know that.

Quality OP

We are Hibernian FC.

It was great to a wee bit of it.

Top post my feline friend. The ****s reckoned that they finished us as a club and support last year. If anything I reckon it galvanised us. So proud of our support today.

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Great post, of course last year was different being a Derby but we had a squad full of disinterested loan players, This season we have a team full of players who care and some of the best young talent in Scottish football coming through, Anyone who believes we have not moved forward as a club this season is frankly mental and I think our attitude as fans proved this today.

We are going places, Pat (though it doesn't always look like it) Kens what he's doing and maybe just maybe if the stay away fans that were there today "Felt the Love" we could add a couple of thousand to our home gates and get ER bouncing.

Proud of us the fans today we did our bit, and the players gave us everything that's what the Hibernian Family is all about
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

The hibs fans were absolutely different class yesterday, outstanding!

Certainly proves once and for all that the jambos "we killed them" myth is complete bull ****.

WE ARE HIBERNIAN FC

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    So so proud today.

That was what Hibs are all about.

Was quitr literally in tears when we all started singing with 10 mins to go, not because we were losing but because I was do proud of what I was a part off.
    Same. Said on my FB pre-k.o. that we had to

Turn Up
    Stand Up
    Stand Tall

And we did

My wee man gets it now. What has been 'Hibs' is now 'us' and 'we'

Glory Glory all - and well done yesterday!

We are one
    As simple and as plainly as that
    GGTTH

It really feels like we are going to push on from this, next season can't come soon enough. Europa group stage perhaps

Great stuff from the OP. Exactly how it was. It's especially important for the young lads playing out there. They will really get a boost from seeing that. As fans this season really has progressed hugely for me. I love being a hibee!

Two things yesterday.

I was with my partners dad who is a Crewe fan and he was astonished by the Hibs support at the end. Me and my mates had to walk through the celtic fans after the game and we were stopped by a few on the way past who gave us such compliments as " your fans were different class wee man" etc.

A fantastic effort by the men women and children who are my fellow Hibbies and I for one was proud to be a part of it.

GGTTH

Would love to have expressed it that way myself. Spot on and what a huge feeling of pride. That behavior defined Hibs class for me. The players were gobsmacked at the end.

@hibs.net private member
    I had the misfortune of being in the Celtic end yesterday. Don't want to go in to the reasons. What I will say though was the pre match display from the Hibs supporters was fantastic. Well done S43 and all those who organised it. The Hibs support consistently made more noise than the Celtic support. Well done to you all, wish I had been there but it was great to watch.