hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar

season ticket buying ethics

i really want to get an ST for next season, as i've been away at uni for 4 years and miss going along regularly...

here's my dilemma - there's no way i can afford the full adult price at the moment as i'm nearly 2k overdrawn, but my student card doesn't expire till the end of next month...is it legit for me to buy a student ST even though i won't actually be one then?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Unfortunate but you probably know the answer yourself....
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i really want to get an ST for next season, as i've been away at uni for 4 years and miss going along regularly...

here's my dilemma - there's no way i can afford the full adult price at the moment as i'm nearly 2k overdrawn, but my student card doesn't expire till the end of next month...is it legit for me to buy a student ST even though i won't actually be one then?
    You will be required to produce a valid matric card for the next academic year Been there, tried that

You've got no chance, you need to produce a valid Matric card that covers the whole of next season.

Theoretically, you could pay for a student ticket now and give yourself until 1 October to save the remainder of the cash needed to pay for a full adult ticket. Basically works out at having to put aside approx. £50 per month.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    You've got no chance, you need to produce a valid Matric card that covers the whole of next season.

No he doesn't. IF he says he's staying on next year he can take this years card and the club will then give him till the end of October to take in a new card for that year or they'll then cancel the ST. So in effect he'll have the ST till then and if he goes to every home game in that period will still be a lot better off.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Welcome to paying £400, I can't afford that either and usually end up using money I get at Christmas to get a half season ticket, it's not the same but it's about the best I can do!

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    But they didn't actually do this with me for this season! I bought online, picked the "collect from Hibernian" option and thought I'd have to produce the Matric card when I went to collect the ST but they posted it out to me before I got the chance and I've never been asked since! Doesn't matter in my case as I am a student and make sure to take my card to every game just in case, but I don't know if they were just lax in my case, maybe mixed up what they were meant to post out.

Going to be a similar situation for next season - I've bought a student ST through the payment plan but my PhD offer is dependent on funding so come August/Sept I might not be a student any more. (But I will inform them if that's the case!)

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    Theoretically, you could pay for a student ticket now and give yourself until 1 October to save the remainder of the cash needed to pay for a full adult ticket. Basically works out at having to put aside approx. £50 per month.
    cheers, that's a pretty good idea actually. thanks for being constructive

You will get away with a student ticket this season

Quote Originally Posted by lewis_1875 View Post
    You will get away with a student ticket this season
    That's not what he was asking though. He was asking whether it was right or not.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.