hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pat Fenlon

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

Pat Fenlon

I was slowly losing patience with the man and at half time of the semi i said to my mate, this feels even worse than last seasons final. Petrie should just storm into that changing room and kick his erse out the door now.

Let someone else be in charge for the 2nd half, as that was and never would be acceptable from a Hibs manager or a Hibs team.

Well he and the team turned that and our season round, and we have progressed no matter what anyone else says, the points tally, the league position and hopefully a cup win to boot.

Pat, the same again next season bud.

2. Log in to remove the advert

The turnaround from half time in that game has been remarkable.

Maybe an Alex Ferguson moment !, keep the faith.

I've defended him a lot this season, but I could fully understand the frustration from some fans. I'm really excited for next season, we would have been comfortably in the top 6 without a couple of officiating howlers so I'm pleased with the progress we've made. Paddy has really changed the type of player we have here, and they appear to be working harder and getting even fitter as the season draws to an end. Keep up the good work.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Dare I suggest the telling factor being self belief.
    As a manager it must be frustrating to know the potential but have to wait for things to click in.
    Without self belief and perseverance you're really up against it.
    perhaps the penny is dropping we're not half bad and that goes for the support as well.

Question is how do you I still self-belief where it is lacking.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was slowly losing patience with the man and at half time of the semi i said to my mate, this feels even worse than last seasons final. Petrie should just storm into that changing room and kick his erse out the door now.

Let someone else be in charge for the 2nd half, as that was and never would be acceptable from a Hibs manager or a Hibs team.

Well he and the team turned that and our season round, and we have progressed no matter what anyone else says, the points tally, the league position and hopefully a cup win to boot.

Thought the exact same in the semi final. I said to my mate that this will be him gone if we lose, and although the games afterwards have been against bottom 6 opposition there has been a real turn around and we seem much more composed at times, maybe not so much in defence (especially at corners it seems) but in midfield especially

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    Maybe an Alex Ferguson moment !, keep the faith.
    Was just thinking something similar.

Obviously the Fergie comparison is a bit silly but if the Falkirk game had finished 0-3 he would be gone. At half time I was saying that he was done at Hibs. Fast forward a few games and suddenly the whole feeling around the team has changed.

I definitely think we are getting there. Dont want to start getting too carried away as I'm still a little disappointed to not make the top 6 but short of a shocker in the final (which I dont think is likely, this team have a lot more fight than last year) I feel pretty happy going into the summer and looking forward to next season.

A major factor, as well as LG's goals, has been the introduction of the young players, they have been a revelation and given everyone associated with the club a big lift.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray-in-ireland View Post
    A major factor, as well as LG's goals, has been the introduction of the young players, they have been a revelation and given everyone associated with the club a big lift.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Dean Horribine would have had a wee shock. He told me on Sunday that was his season effectively over and had no more games. Wee surprise for him tonight. Nice level headed guy.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    So a few wins and we just forget the league performances and results since the turn of the year ? The one up fromt dross he persisted with for most of that period ? I like the guy and do hope he succeeds but I still have my doubts about him.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    My faith has been severely tested at times, but other than at half time in the Falkirk game, I've always believed that he was pushing us forward - it's just at times the progress slowed considerably.

We are light years away from last May, and have a great chance of finishing 7th with 51 points (one less point than the Yams gained last year with their ridiculous wage bill). We currently have as many points as we finished with in 2008-09 under Mixu, where we finished 6th - we have also won one more league game than we did then too.

Fenlon's overall record is now P 70 W 25 D 16 L 29 - 36% 23% 41%

We are getting there, and have much to look forward to. Here's hoping for a good crowd and another win on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    So a few wins and we just forget the league performances and results since the turn of the year ? The one up fromt dross he persisted with for most of that period ? I like the guy and do hope he succeeds but I still have my doubts about him.
    Go crawl back under that rock you came from! Miserable git!

Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    Go crawl back under that rock you came from! Miserable git!
    I'm delighted we appear to have turned the corner, we are playing two up front and have found a real gem in Harris, so its not all misery !

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    I'm delighted we appear to have turned the corner, we are playing two up front and have found a real gem in Harris, so its not all misery !
    You ******* sound like it though

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: shamo9
    Alex Harris is doing what Wotherspoon and Cairney were doing in the first half of the season. He's filled that missing link between midfield and attack. We look dangerous going forward again.

This is our best end to the season ever!

Infact, can anyone even remember the last time we lost a match!?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: shamo9
    Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    This is our best end to the season ever!

Infact, can anyone even remember the last time we lost a match!?
    Celtic 3-0 April 6. Week before semi-final

Bunch of doubting Thomas's. Always knew Pat would come good. Just needs to win the cup now.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    I stated when we didn't finish in the top 6 that i was unsure about him but was leaning 51% towards wanting him to go but my decision would be made once i had seen the reaction and the way we played out the final games of the season

well done Pat there is still work to be done but your odds with me are now going the other way, 2 wins to go

I've never called for Fenlon to be sacked, I think he's had a huge job to turn things around in the past 18 months and particularly since that day 12 months ago.

He comes across as a genuine man who has the club's best interests at heart and there is no doubt that we have made progress since last season.

However, finishing in the bottom six yet again is not good enough for a club our size and we must see an improvement to our league position next year. The top six should be the bare minimum that we are looking to achieve and we must do that next season.

It's going to be a big summer for him as we try to shape the squad for next season since a lot of our players are out of contract at the end of season.

I have always maintained that he needed at least 2 years to get the club into a position where we were going to be anywhere near where we should be and he's still about 6 months away from his second anniversary in charge.

I certainly still believe in Pat Fenlon and I think he's shown enough in the time that he's been our manager to deserve a bit more time and patience from the support.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Oh dear.

Screw the nut eh. Why the negativity.

Hibs

Yes for now. Right now we are playing good stuff, bringing youngsters through, winning games and in another Cup Final. Can fully understand why folk would have doubts after form not too long ago, but maybe we are starting to build something good here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    I've never called for Fenlon to be sacked, I think he's had a huge job to turn things around in the past 18 months and particularly since that day 12 months ago.

He comes across as a genuine man who has the club's best interests at heart and there is no doubt that we have made progress since last season.

However, finishing in the bottom six yet again is not good enough for a club our size and we must see an improvement to our league position next year. The top six should be the bare minimum that we are looking to achieve and we must do that next season.

It's going to be a big summer for him as we try to shape the squad for next season since a lot of our players are out of contract at the end of season.

I have always maintained that he needed at least 2 years to get the club into a position where we were going to be anywhere near where we should be and he's still about 6 months away from his second anniversary in charge.

I certainly still believe in Pat Fenlon and I think he's shown enough in the time that he's been our manager to deserve a bit more time and patience from the support.
    no shyt sherlock

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Said it beforeand Ill say it again. The guys a winner. Never in doubt. We could get pummelled 5-0 in the next two games and he should still be our manager. Distinct lack of mosning faced gits around at the moment but they will be lurking no doubt.

We have to accept any kind of progress, no matter how little. I've been happy this season to be well away from any relegation battle to be honest. Yes, it disappointing the way we've dropped down the second half of the season, but mid table and a cup final?
    Sorry, but no complaints from me.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

This.

I have been so bored watching Hibs this season i took to playing games on my phone, the football was boring to watch so it was, but since that semi-final, what a turn a round by the manager and the team and the young lads that have also broke in to the team, it has gave the club a great lift, beating them on Sunday was a great booster and we now go in to a final upbeat and with a bit of confidence, anything can happen on the day.

Bring it on.

Pat's big problem was he was determined to make us harder to beat and this brings with it a bit of negativity playing wise. He realised that he had to let the boys loose and just go for it in the 2nd half of the semi, something seems to have clicked and he's realised that the best for of defence is attack, the young lads ( Harris in particular ) have been a revelation and he couldn't keep them wrapped up forever, if they're good enough, they're old enough.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Our good form has coincided with the introduction of youth(and the flair and positive play that comes with it).

Management master stroke