hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Not looking to gloat

Every year I hear people say not to worry about tickets and that there's always enough to go around, if you want one you'get one etc,etc.... Has anyone who tried today not got one. Don't mean people who were already sorted but people who at this point haven't got a ticket at all. Not offering anything or that but having missed out in the past it really annoy's the duck out of me that folk always think there's enough.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Me and about 10 of my friends who wanted a ticket failed to get one. I really dont understand people's theory's about people should be able to get a ticket considering we took 35k against Kilmarnock and 40k against Livingston. Most of whom will get nowhere near a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by 1875Hibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Me and about 10 of my friends who wanted a ticket failed to get one. I really dont understand people's theory's about people should be able to get a ticket considering we took 35k against Kilmarnock and 40k against Livingston. Most of whom will get nowhere near a ticket.

Think it's cause I've missed out before but like I said, annoy's the heck out of me. No idea how 40k/35k fits into 20k but apparently it does .

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Think it's cause I've missed out before but like I said, annoy's the heck out of me. No idea how 40k/35k fits into 20k but apparently it does .
    Totally agree mate. If you notice its the fans that have their tickets sorted that are calm about it.

Totally agree mate. If you notice its the fans that have their tickets sorted that are calm about it.
    What do you expect us to do ..slam doors & stamp our feet !!

I'm not calm. I'm ****ing raging. Admittedly, that's because the missus ate my yum-yum but still.

I have always managed to get one and that's without using a season ticket (as the years I had one we didn't reach a final). I firmly hold the belief that if you really want one then you'll get it (there's still time btw) last year it came down to the wire but we managed to get one from the last phone sale and one by writing local football team in exchange for a donation to the club that were able to get a ticket through the sfa . If you try hard enough you'll find one.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by HH_MYB View Post
    I have always managed to get one and that's without using a season ticket (as the years I had one we didn't reach a final). I firmly hold the belief that if you really want one then you'll get it (there's still time btw) last year it came down to the wire but we managed to get one from the last phone sale and one by writing local football team in exchange for a donation to the club that were able to get a ticket through the sfa . If you try hard enough you'll find one.
    But that logic only makes sense if you have been lucky enough to get your tickets. And what about the 35k against Killie and the 40k against Livi. The majority of the fans that went to those games will get nowhere near a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    I'm not calm. I'm ****ing raging. Admittedly, that's because the missus ate my yum-yum but still.
    Should that not say Ex-missus now? That's a divorceable offense in my house!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby7062
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    That's the funniest reply I've seen on here for ages ...thanks

But that logic only makes sense if you have been lucky enough to get your tickets. And what about the 35k against Killie and the 40k against Livi. The majority of the fans that went to those games will get nowhere near a ticket.
    I don't think I was lucky in getting a ticket last year. I exhausted every option I could until I was able to get one. In terms of the last phone sales we had six people attempting to get through and did. The logic is that of the 35000 fans at killie, not all will want to go to an equal degree. Of the remaining tickets left not distributed through luck, the fans that want it most will get the tickets. It may not seem it but there will be someone who wants it more than you (maybe even so much that they'll pay silly amounts to get it) and they will get their ticket. So the logic should be "if you want one BADLY ENOUGH, then you'll get one.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I'd have thought every one of our 10-11 thousand regulars will have a ticket. Those who don't go regularly, some of you will miss out and some wont. Other than buying a season ticket thats the deal these days whether they like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I'd have thought every one of our 10-11 thousand regulars will have a ticket. Those who don't go regularly, some of you will miss out and some wont. Other than buying a season ticket thats the deal these days whether they like it or not.
    Being a bit generous at 10-11 thousand are you not?

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Being a bit generous at 10-11 thousand are you not?
    I could be being a little generous, but the point is still the same. Unless folk start coming more regularly and buy a season ticket you will always have this situation where some folk could miss out.

Agree to a point, however our home crowds are not as good as 10-11K. If people REALLY wanted to go, the avenue was open to purchase a season ticket. If folk can't afford it, or have other reasons for not getting one, that is understandable, but do we have to hear each moan, about how they deserved one but never got one?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I could be being a little generous, but the point is still the same. Unless folk start coming more regularly and buy a season ticket you will always have this situation where some folk could miss out.
    You're starting to sound like Baldy Foghorn, but you're 100% right

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Agree to a point, however our home crowds are not as good as 10-11K. If people REALLY wanted to go, the avenue was open to purchase a season ticket. If folk can't afford it, or have other reasons for not getting one, that is understandable, but do we have to hear each moan, about how they deserved one but never got one?
    I understand why folk moan, they might have lapsed a bit but the club is still very important to them, especially when we reach finals.

If we continue to reach finals regularly, i'd imagine we'd be doing a lot better as a club too. That should result in bigger crowds, more season ticket holders and another problem for the club.

Say we reached double figures again, perhaps 11k season ticket holders? We'd struggle then to give each season ticket holder 2 each then, would the club only give us one for our loyalty?

Quote Originally Posted by 70hibby View Post
    That's the funniest reply I've seen on here for ages ...thanks
    Indeed - one of the only things Ive ever shared with my missus from Hibs.net.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    You're starting to sound like Baldy Foghorn, but you're 100% right
    As long as i'm not starting to look like him.

First Team Breakthrough Moon unit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Every year I hear people say not to worry about tickets and that there's always enough to go around, if you want one you'get one etc,etc.... Has anyone who tried today not got one. Don't mean people who were already sorted but people who at this point haven't got a ticket at all. Not offering anything or that but having missed out in the past it really annoy's the duck out of me that folk always think there's enough.
    I have one , but feel really, really sorry and upset at my pal as she cannot get hold of a ticket...she's a great lass and Hibs daft!!! ... Please help S O S!!!...

I understand why folk moan, they might have lapsed a bit but the club is still very important to them, especially when we reach finals.

If we continue to reach finals regularly, i'd imagine we'd be doing a lot better as a club too. That should result in bigger crowds, more season ticket holders and another problem for the club.

Say we reached double figures again, perhaps 11k season ticket holders? We'd struggle then to give each season ticket holder 2 each then, would the club only give us one for our loyalty?
    Hopefully we can get some sort of loyalty card up and running, so the guys that go regularly get a ticket for Finals etc. I wouldn't mind getting one only as a ST holder, as all my family are ST holders as well.
    It would be great if Hibs could get to a point where we have around 11,000 or so seasons sold

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Hopefully we can get some sort of loyalty card up and running, so the guys that go regularly get a ticket for Finals etc. I wouldn't mind getting one only as a ST holder, as all my family are ST holders as well.
    It would be great if Hibs could get to a point where we have around 11,000 or so seasons sold
    I agree about the loyalty card, folk who don't go to games regularly should get one of these, and every time they purchase a match ticket it would be added to that card. In the event of reaching a final, the people with most games attended should be 1st in line for any spare tickets after season ticket holders have had their allocation.

Can this be too difficult to apply, and would it affect season ticket numbers?

I agree about the loyalty card, folk who don't go to games regularly should get one of these, and every time they purchase a match ticket it would be added to that card. In the event of reaching a final, the people with most games attended should be 1st in line for any spare tickets after season ticket holders have had their allocation.

Surely not.

I can't believe anyone buys a season ticket cos we might get to a cup final.

I think this had been raised at the LWT meetings, not sure the reasons why we can't do it, other than Hibs current systems. The system should not affect season tickets holders, as they should be part of it

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Surely not.

I can't believe anyone buys a season ticket cos we might get to a cup final.
    That was one of the arguments against on another thread if i remember correctly?

That was one of the arguments against on another thread if i remember correctly?
    Prob was but I still couldnae imagine someone giving up a ST for that reason.

To be fair, I thought there would be more than this who'd missed out so maybe I got it a bit wrong. Still gutted I missed out last time we played them though, and even thinking about it makes my blood boil just now. Really need to let it go, hopefully a wee win in the final will do it .

First Team Regular OstKurve Hibs's Avatar
    a loyalty scheme should defo be set up, even if its just for the general sale, me and my old man have been to bout 20 games home and away this season but it counts for nothin, we were lucky this yr we managed to get 2 tickets for the final but last year had to pay £300 for 2 cos there was no way we were missing out,
    Its not fair that people who av not even attended a game have the same chance at a ticket for a final as we do, i refuse to be conned into buyin a season ticket, i cant make it every week cos of work commitments but i very rarely miss a game through choice !
    People call the old firm fans gloryhunters but we have our own fair share of hangers on as soon there is a sniff of a trophy, so annoying !

I don't have a ST, I've got my tickets for the final, but if I hadn't then, as pissed off as I'd have been, I still would have just accepted that I wasnt going.
    I missed out last year in the public sale, but my mate phoned me later that night to tell me he'd managed to get me two.

I won't buy a ST, I only make about 10-12 games a season. I'll always make an effort for final tickets etc. and take my chances. To be honest I haven't missed any fianls yet, but I'm sure my time will come.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OstKurve Hibs View Post
    a loyalty scheme should defo be set up, even if its just for the general sale, me and my old man have been to bout 20 games home and away this season but it counts for nothin, we were lucky this yr we managed to get 2 tickets for the final but last year had to pay £300 for 2 cos there was no way we were missing out,
    Its not fair that people who av not even attended a game have the same chance at a ticket for a final as we do, i refuse to be conned into buyin a season ticket, i cant make it every week cos of work commitments but i very rarely miss a game through choice !
    People call the old firm fans gloryhunters but we have our own fair share of hangers on as soon there is a sniff of a trophy, so annoying !
    Quote Originally Posted by madabouthibs View Post
    I don't have a ST, I've got my tickets for the final, but if I hadn't then, as pissed off as I'd have been, I still would have just accepted that I wasnt going.
    I missed out last year in the public sale, but my mate phoned me later that night to tell me he'd managed to get me two.

I won't buy a ST, I only make about 10-12 games a season. I'll always make an effort for final tickets etc. and take my chances. To be honest I haven't missed any fianls yet, but I'm sure my time will come.
    Its a choice - there are plenty who do by ST's who can't make matches, but want to support the Team financially