hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

Should Sparky play on Sunday

I`m kinda 50/50 on this one - I want him to score about 20 goals on Sunday but am also worried that the merricks will try to kick him off the park, putting him out of the Cup Final - any thoughts?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Yes

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Yes
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

definitely no.remembering the time Riordan was injured (or banned) from a semi against that mob. we lost, big style although other factors came into play

@hibs.net private member woodythehibee's Avatar
    100% yes.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Nah play Kuqi instead
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EdinburghDan
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nah play Kuqi instead

He's going to need his match sharpness back so he can score the winner in the final.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xoROOSKYox
    I'd at least start him and depending on how the game is going, maybe take him off after 60-70 minutes. We need our best possible eleven out their on Sunday to beat them but need to make sure that we have a full strength squad for the final.

No, the knuckle draggers will do their upmost best to cripple him. Guaranteed!

Quote Originally Posted by Robinho08 View Post
    No, the knuckle draggers will do their upmost best to cripple him. Guaranteed!
    aye, on the instructions of that muppet Locke.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Bet you Leigh is gagging to play.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

No.Play kuqi.Give Leigh the last 10 mins if we aren't winning.
    all they seem to care about is our poor scottish cup record and they'll do anything to keep it going.
    IF WE PLAY LEIGH FROM THE START THEY WILL CROCK HIM.

He can play them next year as a Scottish cup winner.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post

Of course he is and he will play. We can't go there and not play our best team.

I was initially of the opinion that he should be nowhere near Tynecastle on Sunday but I'm a bit undecided now.

I think he'll want to play and score against them at Tynecastle and to boost his chances of reaching 30 goals for the season so I would probably start him and see how the game's going and then take him off at around the hour mark.

I really dread seeing him leave on a stretcher though, 2 weeks before the final.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    If you were a professional footballer, would you deliberately crock an opponent to stop them playing in a cup final?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

I would love it if Kuqi scores. A big belly flop in front of the Roseburn end. Legend status for one Hibs goal.

I'm definitely in the 'save Leigh for Hampden' camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    If you were a professional footballer, would you deliberately crock an opponent to stop them playing in a cup final?
    Most wouldn't but I believe that some might.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar

When was a player last deliberately crocked in an SPL game? Neil Berry on Paul Wright was a long long time ago...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    I cant see any Hearts player deliberately targeting Griffiths to stop him playing in the cup final. That isnt to say that he wont be on the end of some heavy challenges, its a derby and they will want to win it as much as us.

I think we need to take the risk and play him, we want him scoring and in form for the final.

100% he plays... Honest pros don't go out to maim other players. Tough tackling yes, but not to cause injury. Anyone Hearts player doing that would be reprimanded heavily anyway... and would be treated like a nonce in a high security prison by every Hibs fan out on the streets

First Team Breakthrough
    I would play him in the hearts and killie game. Rest him against Dundee

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    aye, on the instructions of that muppet Locke.
    Exactly my thoughts!

First Team Breakthrough LioNeilMessi's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: soakingdisk795
    I have a feeling that the players of Hibs/Hearts don't hate each other like we, the fans, do.

Griffiths received two PFA nominations from his fellow pros, the Hearts players may not like him but they will surely respect him enough to not intentionally injure him. Keep him away from Ryan Stevenson though - just because that brainless bandit never thinks before he puts the foot(s) in.

He should play, 100%.

Testimonial Due
    I fully believe that **** such as Circus freak tattoo man would. He has proven time and time again that he is a dirty footballer and if it meant getting the jambos back on his side after his past exploits then he would without doubt.

sorry, cant agree with or even understand your attitude. there has been bad blood between both teams for years and mainly comeing from there side in my opinion. that gorgie mob are smarting, because we emptied them from the cup, they as a man.... throughout the club/fans see themselves as a bigger club than us and they love to rub it in re- 111 years and want that to remain as such. the best way to achieve that would be to injure key players before the final. don't give me any tripe about professional players. what if some bugger decides to dish out a "professional foul" on Griffiths?. he is one of the main reasons that we have an outside chance of getting a few breaks,causing a few problems with the Celtic defence,having the guts ,drive and above all, determination to make things happen.why risk all that, when we don't need to??????????

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...down-1-2925706

I think Leigh will play, but I'd like the inclusion of one or two other youngsters, could provide a bit of flair and vibrancy.

@hibs.net private member neilmartinrocks's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sum1stolemytag
    I would imagine that most of us , if we were living the dream, would be raging if we told "you're not playing in the derby".
    Let him play sub him if we have to.

Quote Originally Posted by LioNeilMessiMYB View Post
    I have a feeling that the players of Hibs/Hearts don't hate each other like we, the fans, do.

Griffiths received two PFA nominations from his fellow pros, the Hearts players may not like him but they will surely respect him enough to not intentionally injure him. Keep him away from Ryan Stevenson though - just because that brainless bandit never thinks before he puts the foot(s) in.

He should play, 100%.
    This, they don't I remember Leigh Griffiths having banter with Templeton on twitter before the 1-1 derby and I see lots of the younger lads speaking to the likes of Holt and Walker too.

Apart from clowns like Stevenson and Zaliukas, there is, in the main, a mutual respect between the players. Although, I know for a fact that a certain Ryan McGivern absolutely despises them.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Had a we discussion with someone about this Mr Radge, he said players just don't think like that before a game and the only thing on there minds will be to win on Sunday, and leqoc will just want the win, he will have them fired up for it but he certainly won't be telling his players to go out and deliberately do damage to a opponent, he doesn't want his players getting sent off in the game, his sole intention is 3 points.

The only worry in the game to pick up a injury will be a heat of the moment challenge from a player, it's a derby game and the hefty challenges will go in no doubt, hopefully everyone in green on the pitch comes through the game unscathed on Sunday.

So yes i would play Sparky and give him 65 minutes of the game then sub him to give him a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    Most wouldn't but I believe that some might.
    Greahme souness 86 game comes to mind,I'd keep LG on the bench and if we get a pen or free kick in the 89th min bring him on...