hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough

Fergie Out, Moyes In

Apparently could bow out in the summer, Moyes his replacement.

Imagine Moyes and Rooney

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough alan1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Aldo The Bear
    Never gonna happen. They'll carry Fergie out of Old Trafford in a box I reckon. Utd would be in disarray if they let him go now.

First Team Breakthrough Curly1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alan1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Never gonna happen. They'll carry Fergie out of Old Trafford in a box I reckon. Utd would be in disarray if they let him go now.
    I think he'll eventually retire as a manager but I expect he'll still probably play role at the club for the rest of his years, say a director of football or something along those lines

The Special One to United rumours are going into overdrive on Twitter.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Fergie speaks of retiring every year.

Truth is, he's terrified at the idea of a manager one day over taking his record, so he want's to gain as much achievements as possible, all the way down to his last breath.

Fair play to him. He's a very arrogant person, but his stubbornness is also his greatest strength.

They were discussing this on 5 live
    The Observer or Telegraph is pushing the story, he could be gone by the weekend.
    The bookies have made Moyes the favourite
    Last edited by Zander; 07-05-2013 at 09:42 PM.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    I would guess that he wants to win another European Cup before he finally hands his tin in.

First Team Breakthrough alan1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Aldo The Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibercelona View Post
    Fergie speaks of retiring every year.

Truth is, he's terrified at the idea of a manager one day over taking his record, so he want's to gain as much achievements as possible, all the way down to his last breath.

Fair play to him. He's a very arrogant person, but his stubbornness is also his greatest strength.
    Is it not more that the media always ask Fergie if he's retiring rather than him brining it up. Apart from once about 10 years ago, I can't remember him really even entertaining it.
    I don't think he's scared of someone beating his record because he'll be long dead before that probably happens. I think he's probably worried that if he packs it in his health could actually decline... It's probably keeping him fit both physically and mentally.

11 years at Everton.

He will go out like Brian Clough when the red wine and whisky finally catches up with him.

I can't see United going for Moyes. He has won nothing in 11 years at Everton. Even Alex McLeish had some silverware with Birmingham as has Redknapp with Portsmouth and Dalglish with Liverpool.

OK he has done a decent job with limited resources but is that what Man United want? Maybe the Glazers's are looking for someone to finish in the top three every year and guarantee Champions' League football without spending the money needed to win trophies? It may be the way to ensure maximum financial returns (Wenger has been doing that for years with Arsenal) but it would not be acceptable for United. Certainly not with City around!

The brightest of the younger managers around in England is Roberto Martinez but he needs a spell with a bigger club before he will be ready for a top-four team.

I would think that United will dodge the issue by persuading the red nosed one to stay around for a season or two before going for an established name from Europe.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    He will go out like Brian Clough when the red wine and whisky finally catches up with him.

I can't see United going for Moyes. He has won nothing in 11 years at Everton. Even Alex McLeish had some silverware with Birmingham as has Redknapp with Portsmouth and Dalglish with Liverpool.

OK he has done a decent job with limited resources but is that what Man United want? Maybe the Glazers's are looking for someone to finish in the top three every year and guarantee Champions' League football without spending the money needed to win trophies? It may be the way to ensure maximum financial returns (Wenger has been doing that for years with Arsenal) but it would not be acceptable for United. Certainly not with City around!

The brightest of the younger managers around in England is Roberto Martinez but he needs a spell with a bigger club before he will be ready for a top-four team.

I would think that United will dodge the issue by persuading the red nosed one to stay around for a season or two before going for an established name from Europe.
    He will go to Everton.

And Fenlon in before anyone says it .

Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    The Special One to United rumours are going into overdrive on Twitter.
    His brand of football would not be stylish enough for United. I think he is a shoe-in for Chelsea.

The Interim One will be available however!

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Fergie out, Fenlon in.

First Team Breakthrough
    His brand of football would not be stylish enough for United. I think he is a shoe-in for Chelsea.

The Interim One will be available however!
    United play pretty bland and defensive football. They just control the pace of the game very well.

Fergie hates rafa with a passion. You have heard the facts rant.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Was his brother a coach at Hibs?
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

I don't see it, the side he's building is coming into its prime, I think he'll launch at least one last big push for the Champions League before he calls it quits.

Can't see Sir Alex retiring any time soon to be honest.

He's still in good health and he's still winning major honours and he's got a free rein to do whatever he wants at one of the world's largest football clubs.

Health permitting, I wouldn't be surprised if he's still at Old Trafford when he's 80!

He certainly won't be forced out, that's for sure. The hierarchy at United must be dreading the day that they've got to finally find his replacement!

Getting hip replacement done in the summer, 2 rumours are Moyes to be his no.2 for a season, then takes over.............Jose to take over with Fergie going upstairs, they're very good friends.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    Can't see Sir Alex retiring any time soon to be honest.

He's still in good health and he's still winning major honours and he's got a free rein to do whatever he wants at one of the world's largest football clubs.

Health permitting, I wouldn't be surprised if he's still at Old Trafford when he's 80!

He certainly won't be forced out, that's for sure. The hierarchy at United must be dreading the day that they've got to finally find his replacement!
    Some people are saying its a health problem. Hopefully not.

Quote Originally Posted by jc1 View Post
    Getting hip replacement done in the summer, 2 rumours are Moyes to be his no.2 for a season, then takes over.............Jose to take over with Fergie going upstairs, they're very good friends.
    Can't see Mourinho at United, his strategy of buying in talent at its peak is anathema to the Man Utd / Fergie way. He'll go back to Chelsea and their handy chequebook.

Would be Shocked if he quit. Bookies have made Moyes odds on fav to take over.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Was his brother a coach at Hibs?
    He was a scout for Hibs Sean.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    He was a scout for Hibs Sean.
    Hibs always seem to pick the wrong brother. Bob Shankly managed Hibs from 1965-69 not Bill. Martin Ferguson coached at Hibs before being sacked in 1997, not Alex.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Would Guardiola be in the running? Proved himself trophy-wise at Barca. Mourinho made a comment recently about going back to where he was "loved". I wouldn't have thought he was referring to Old Trafford.

Guardiola is going to Bayern TGG.

José is a master of the media but he is also very proud. Him going back to Chelsea without an apology from Abramovich isnt gonna happen.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Guardiola is going to Bayern TGG.

José is a master of the media but he is also very proud. Him going back to Chelsea without an apology from Abramovich isnt gonna happen.
    Cheers...I was a bit behind with news re Guardiola . It will be interesting to see who takes it on, whenever he retires. Not too many standout candidates really. Wenger anyone? Stranger things have happened.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    Can't see Mourinho at United, his strategy of buying in talent at its peak is anathema to the Man Utd / Fergie way. He'll go back to Chelsea and their handy chequebook.
    Maybe the signing of Van Persie says ManU think it's the way forward.

I got told a couple of months ago by a couple of folk who aren't exactly in the football industry but have businesses that deal with clubs and must have contacts, although I have no idea who, that Mourinho and Ronaldo were going to United.

They said that Nike were pissed their star asset played for "adidas" and were going to part fund the United deal.

Can't remember what they said exactly about Mourinho but said "watch this space"

I just passed them off as a couple of slavering bams but both these moves now look a possibility! :-O

Hibs always seem to pick the wrong brother. Bob Shankly managed Hibs from 1965-69 not Bill. Martin Ferguson coached at Hibs before being sacked in 1997, not Alex.
    Does Fenlon have a brother? :-)

Moyes number 2 for a season then take over would be my guess.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Officially confirmed he's retiring