hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

First Team Breakthrough Granton Stanton's Avatar

Players released by other clubs (merged)

Scott Arfield released by Huddersfield. We were supposedly interested in him before he went south, anyone any idea how hes been playing since he went (although I can only guess poorly if he's been released)

My Huddersfield-supporting mate Jamie says he's rubbish and he much prefer's Adam Clayton

Left by mutual consent!
    He'll go to Hartlepool as Yogi thinks he's a right good player with the boiler suit mentality.

If he wants to come back to the SPL his agent will phone round the clubs. I'm sure PF and the player recruitment team at ER will know who he is and what he can do. As will most other SPL managers.

I'm sure he'll get a SPL club if he wants one and his demands are not too high. Whether that will be/should be us I have no idea and I have no idea of how good he is these days. He was highly rated a few seasons back though.

We do need a creative type midfielder but I dunno if that is Arfield's game?

Looking at midfield options for next season. Taiwo, Robertson, Craig, Cairney and Harris are all signed. Think Done, Deegan and Wotherspoon will be away. That leaves maybe three more spaces in the squad. Would be good if we could resign Thomson and Claros along with a creative player who can play wide or in the centre. Whether Arfield fits that bill, I'm not sure.

I'm more and more starting to think that Ian Vigurs of Ross Co would be a good and realistic option as a creative player who can operate in the middle or out wide.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sea-gull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He'll go to Hartlepool as Yogi thinks he's a right good player with the boiler suit mentality.

If he wants to come back to the SPL his agent will phone round the clubs. I'm sure PF and the player recruitment team at ER will know who he is and what he can do. As will most other SPL managers.

I'm sure he'll get a SPL club if he wants one and his demands are not too high. Whether that will be/should be us I have no idea and I have no idea of how good he is these days. He was highly rated a few seasons back though.

We do need a creative type midfielder but I dunno if that is Arfield's game?

Looking at midfield options for next season. Taiwo, Robertson, Craig, Cairney and Harris are all signed. Think Done, Deegan and Wotherspoon will be away. That leaves maybe three more spaces in the squad. Would be good if we could resign Thomson and Claros along with a creative player who can play wide or in the centre. Whether Arfield fits that bill, I'm not sure.

I'm more and more starting to think that Ian Vigurs of Ross Co would be a good and realistic option as a creative player who can operate in the middle or out wide.
    We have stevenson too, if he is counted as a midfielder? Unless we sell a lot more season tickets we probably wont want to pay a fee for claros? Thompson may stretch our budget slightly? We would definately need a striker or 3 if we lose our only 2 striking options and a central defender.

It seems to me we are always 5 or 6 players short of having a better team. Does that mean we keep bringing in poor quality players or too many loanees?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Always like Arfield as a player however we are stowed with midfield players as it is.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by stranraerhibby View Post
    My Huddersfield-supporting mate Jamie says he's rubbish and he much prefer's Adam Clayton
    I prefer Bono.

Also released was Gomes, the ex Arab centre mid

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sexy Dave View Post
    I prefer Bono.
    I see what you did there...

Left by mutual consent!
    I think he would be a great replacement for deegan and if league 1 is his standard then that's good enough for hibs, look at former spl players currently in league 1 such as donaldson, jones (who got promoted), rooney etc..

Clayton looks a class player.

Arfield was good when i saw him for them in League 1, but maybe that's his level.

Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    Clayton looks a class player.

Arfield was good when i saw him for them in League 1, but maybe that's his level.
    Just wondering, how come you were watching Huddersfield? I'm genuinely interested in lower league football because of the fans I've met and become friends with in the past.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Yes please to both
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Robertson will come good

Just wondering, how come you were watching Huddersfield? I'm genuinely interested in lower league football because of the fans I've met and become friends with in the past.

A few years ago I watched Huddersfield versus Wycombe on Sky Sports which was 6-0 Huddersfield. They were simply brilliant and could ave had 10, they played fantastic football. After that was speaking on twitter to Huddersfield fans and then after that had a small soft spot for them. Watched a few more League 1 games over the next few years and found it really interesting, including Huddersfield again thumping Wycombe 6-0 this time away from home! Rhodes was immense.

Blog Entries
    Saw Clayton at Brighton this year & he was class. Airfield came on as sub but didn't have much opportunity to impress.

I think it will be a midfield 4 of Harris Claros Robertson Craig will be our choice next season, pretty sure Claros will stay.

Not as good as Clayton Donaldson!

He was pure class for Brentford in the play-off semi-final on Monday.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Granton Stanton View Post
    Scott Arfield released by Huddersfield. We were supposedly interested in him before he went south, anyone any idea how hes been playing since he went (although I can only guess poorly if he's been released)
    Stats here, has played regularly enough: -

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/pl...layer_id=44433

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!

Morgaro Gomis & Prince Bauben available for free in summer

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...-Morgaro-Gomis

We could do a lot, lot worse than either of these players. They were excellent at UTD if I remember correctly.

I liked Gomis.

We need more goals from midfield though and I am not sure he got that many. If Thomson and Claros go then, aye.

Testimonial Due
    Would that be the same Dundee United team that Scott Robertson excelled in? Not saying they're both terrible as well now, but I'd hope we take a long hard look before signing anyone who 'used to be good' again.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    Would that be the same Dundee United team that Scott Robertson excelled in? Not saying they're both terrible as well now, but I'd hope we take a long hard look before signing anyone who 'used to be good' again.
    still think Robertson will be good once he gets a good pre season.

Not sure what the budget will be for next season, but surely we must sort out the strikers and wingers first then see what's left? I appreciate that they're free transfers, but what will the wages be?

Dundee Utd were great when they had Gomis and Bauben sitting and Conway and Swanson on the wings. Both of them good players.

Left by mutual consent!
    Rangers and Aberdeen looking at then according to sky sports transfer centre. Both good players.

Another highly rated player in the past, Scott Arfield released by Huddersfield as well, realise he is another midfielder though.

Saw Morgaro at Cowdenbeath when Mixu was the boss. Good player, though again perhaps too similar to what we have already.
    Last edited by Hamish; 07-05-2013 at 05:28 PM.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    Another highly rated player in the past, Scott Arfield released by Huddersfield as well, realise he is another midfielder though.

Saw Morgaro at Cowdenbeath when Mixu was the boss. Good player, though again perhaps too similar to what we have already.

Arfield may well end up at Hartlepools if they don't have a managerial change in the summer.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Arfield may well end up at Hartlepools if they don't have a managerial change in the summer.
    Why would anyone choose to work again with a clueless bully?

Would definitely take Gomis, haven't got many memories of Buaben playing.. But as someone has rightly said, strikers are most likely going to be our priority