Sacked by Wolves this morning

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sacked by Wolves this morning
    Yep on SSN now.

Took them from mid table to relegation.

Blog Entries
    Potentially excellent news re sparky. Lets hope they reappoint Solbakken(sp?) and a deal might be as good as done

Quote Originally Posted by Deek01 View Post
    Potentially excellent news re sparky. Lets hope they reappoint Solbakken(sp?) and a deal might be as good as done
    And potentially not good news....... Who knows?

Absolute shambles of a club.

No meeting this week for Leigh with Saunders then.

I would say this is not good for us, unless the new manager wants a full clear out to bring in his own players.

If the new guy see's he has SPL young player of the year on the books and if he sees any videos of his goals this season, I would expect he would want Leigh back to at least have a look at him.

Depends on Leigh's attitude aswell, he might make it clear that he wants to stay up here for his 'family' etc. wolves might respect this and let us keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    I would say this is not good for us, unless the new manager wants a full clear out to bring in his own players.

If the new guy see's he has SPL young player of the year on the books and if he sees any videos of his goals this season, I would expect he would want Leigh back to at least have a look at him.

Depends on Leigh's attitude aswell, he might make it clear that he wants to stay up here for his 'family' etc. wolves might respect this and let us keep him.
    Harry Potter for the job, would give us a chance of keeping Leigh . In all seriousness, what a shambles of an owner that Morgan is proving to be. He is paying the price for all his panic appointments. Cant help feel he know as much about football as oor Rodney

First Team Breakthrough 1875HFC's Avatar
    Cant decide if this is good or bad for us. I would say its not good as any Manager in their right mind, knowing the talent Leigh has, would take him back in their squad to re-build for next season.

All Leigh needs to do is wind up the new Manager when they are appointed like he did with Saunders (although nothing illegal like his Twittergate scandal involving racism!)

Looks very much a case of " Watch this space" !
    Anything could happen now

Blog Entries
    Would there be a date in LG's contract for the years option to be taken up by?

I wonder if he was sacked for Wolves' relegation or because he kept getting his own players names wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Deek01 View Post
    Would there be a date in LG's contract for the years option to be taken up by?
    Whatever date his original contract expires, I would imagine.

No idea when that is though.

Yep, that's a fair summary of things as it really could go either way. The new guy (say it's a Neil Warnock type) might want tried and test pro's who can be relied upon to get out of a tough division, or every player might get a chance to show what they can do. 50/50 I'd say.

As someone earlier suggested, why would Leigh not have an escape clause in his contract if Wolves were relegated. After dropping two divisions, if Wolves still have an option to extend, LG's agent should be shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    As someone earlier suggested, why would Leigh not have an escape clause in his contract if Wolves were relegated. After dropping two divisions, if Wolves still have an option to extend, LG's agent should be shot.
    Moving from a SFL1 club to a Premiership club, I'm pretty sure that relegation wouldn't have been a big issue when Wolves were offering to give him a pay rise of x multiples or that Griffiths would be in that strong a position to start demanding release clauses.

Depends if Wolves want to make money out of Leigh, so they take up option and sell to us, or someone else.

Leigh tells them he signed with them as an EPL club and not willing to rejoin as a Div 1 team, plus he's settled here with his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Moving from a SFL1 club to a Premiership club, I'm pretty sure that relegation wouldn't have been a big issue when Wolves were offering to give him a pay rise of x multiples or that Griffiths would be in that strong a position to start demanding release clauses.
    I guess you're right, but still embarrassing for the agent if Leigh is forced to sign an extension for a third tier English Club with no opt out!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    On the other side, there may be relegation clauses in his contract that mean a wage cut for next season.

Speculation aside, League One is a less attractive alternative for LG, and footballing-wise staying with Hibs is surely the more attractive option?

Whoever the Wolves manager is, the sensible thing for them to do (whether we like it or not) would be to ensure they activate the extra year option. LG is a proven goalscorer, so they either get to keep him or ensure they make money from his transfer. If they do decide to keep him, he'd score a barrowload in the 3rd tier of English Football.

Surely for them it's a win-win situation.

I guess you're right, but still embarrassing for the agent if Leigh is forced to sign an extension for a third tier English Club with no opt out!
    Was his agent not Dundee Utd assistant manager/Hibs legend Darren Jackson?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Absolutely - several times

However, even if for whatever reason, Wolves and Leigh part company, that would simply open the door for any other club, not automatically send him in our direction, no? I don't think this alters our situation in any way. He's bound to be on the radar of God knows how many clubs with more money to wave around than us.

Had we a board with a level of ambition higher than our present status, or indeed any level of ambition at all, I'd feel a lot more confident about Leigh staying with us - which is absolutely vital IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by khib70 View Post
    Absolutely - several times

However, even if for whatever reason, Wolves and Leigh part company, that would simply open the door for any other club, not automatically send him in our direction, no? I don't think this alters our situation in any way. He's bound to be on the radar of God knows how many clubs with more money to wave around than us.

Had we a board with a level of ambition higher than our present status, or indeed any level of ambition at all, I'd feel a lot more confident about Leigh staying with us - which is absolutely vital IMO.
    It's the extension option that kills our chances. If LG was a free agent, we might have been able to agree something with him for a year or so but Wolves are in control and will want decent money.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    If Wolves want to take up their option you would assume its on "at least " the wage he was signed on. Can they now afford this the have fallen two divisions? I would argue any extension should be on an increased wage.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    If Wolves want to take up their option you would assume its on "at least " the wage he was signed on. Can they now afford this the have fallen two divisions? I would argue any extension should be on an increased wage.
    They still have the parachute payments from the premier league so they will still have some money kicking about

He is under contract to Wolves. It makes no difference what league they are in or if his family live in Texas. He does what he is told until THEY decide to sell him or rip up his contract. People need to stop thinking that Leigh has a say in this matter. IF Hibs keep him it will only be because Wolves want rid.

Blog Entries
    Assuming the problems of actually getting an option to buy/ secure Griffiths signature, the cash on offer will be a major problem. He says he is happy at ER and would like to stay but without the present financial input of Wolves and the reality of the wages we can afford, his enthusiasm for staying might very well wane a wee bit.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    He is under contract to Wolves. It makes no difference what league they are in or if his family live in Texas. He does what he is told until THEY decide to sell him or rip up his contract. People need to stop thinking that Leigh has a say in this matter. IF Hibs keep him it will only be because Wolves want rid.
    He does. If he speaks to the new manager and says that he has absolutely no desire to play in league 1 then it's going to influence the manager's thinking. He's hardly going to want an unhappy/unmotivated player.

Whether or not Leigh does say that is obviously another matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    He does. If he speaks to the new manager and says that he has absolutely no desire to play in league 1 then it's going to influence the manager's thinking. He's hardly going to want an unhappy/unmotivated player.

Whether or not Leigh does say that is obviously another matter.
    That wouldn't stop Wolves activating the extra year and seeking a fee for Griffiths from us or anyone else. The contract buyout is our best hope.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Whoever the Wolves manager is, the sensible thing for them to do (whether we like it or not) would be to ensure they activate the extra year option. LG is a proven goalscorer, so they either get to keep him or ensure they make money from his transfer. If they do decide to keep him, he'd score a barrowload in the 3rd tier of English Football.

Surely for them it's a win-win situation.
    This has been blatantly obvious all along, some either can't or don't want to see it.