hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Can Hibs afford and do they really want Hearts relegated

Yes they need punishment and the banter would be great. But can Hibs really afford them to be relegated?

If we say tickets sales to Hearts bring in £200,000, can we replace that with higher home crowds and the replacement? I doubt it.

Also can the SPL really afford the edinburgh derby to be wiped?

I think in the Hibs boardroom they will be hoping hearts stay up.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by NW View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes they need punishment and the banter would be great. But can Hibs really afford them to be relegated?

If we say tickets sales to Hearts bring in £200,000, can we replace that with higher home crowds and the replacement? I doubt it.

H**rts dying has nothing to do with cash.

One City.
    One Team.

I've said it once and I'll say it again

I want total and utter annihilation, death, wiped off the face of this earth ala Third Lanark/Clydebank. No more no less.

Said

What's the alternative?Let them cheat year in year out. They would just be like a small Rangers. Spending money they don't have and buying cup wins with players they can't afford.We can't afford to be beaten by teams who have blank cheques and bend the rules. We could do without that sort of carry on. In the long term we will only get stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    I've said it once and I'll say it again

I want total and utter annihilation, death, wiped off the face of this earth ala Third Lanark/Clydebank. No more no less.

Said

Maybe you'd be better ask Our Rod.

I did not say it was right, merely asking the question.

I get the feeling now in Scottish Football it IS all about money.

@hibs.net private member neilmartinrocks's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sum1stolemytag
    We cuild recoup the money on the next european cup run :)

Sporting Integrity.

Rod had said at the time of rangers demise that it comes down to integrity. Put it this way if hearts went bust we would make more semis, higher league placings and have won a cup in the last few years. 200k is easily made up with the right team on the park.

Dead. No more or less and let us all be present at the ashes being scattered!!!

Slightly off topic but relevant. Wasn't there a situation in perhaps the 60s or the 50s when Hearts lay down to us in a game at Tynecastle so that we would avoid relegation (big money loss being the reason). They had a much better side and somehow we scraped a result? Wake me up if I'm dreaming.

Blog Entries

I have it on rather good authority that the 'Tache is positively bubbly these days with the idea of Hearts going vertically betitted. So while on a very basic economic platform you may well be right, for once the call of the pound is ranked below the joy of payback.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Sporting Integrity.

Indeed. I want them out.

Ps , think I reported this post by accident :-)
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

We survived in the past when they were relegated, was it not the case that they spent two years in a row in the lower division and we survived that so let them disappear .

The SPL was supposed to crumble without sevco and it hasnt, so YES we dont need them

Coaching Staff
    We would still make more cash than the likes of Inverness and Ross County so yes, we'd live.

We can afford it but it will cost us money, however the opposite is also true that they have cost us money over the last few years, as due to finacial doping our record against them has been horrendous.

Our future is in our own hands in terms of Europe and league placing plus cup runs, similar to celtc and the huns. celtc missed them but they were able to make money that far outweighed the loss of the huns. We have to do the same.

I suspect you may be right in as much as it affects budgets for next season. Mind you, we have an ubudgeted windfall from this season's cup run to make up any shortfall and we only have one pre-split home derby next season which I'm sure the Tache has factored in.

I must say I'm warming to the scenario of a Hearts in admin starting on -14 pts and unable to sign new players next season. Then everyone can budget for life without them the season after.

@hibs.net private member
    Short term thinking.

Hearts get relegated/go bust...one city, one team.

In 10/20+ years time we will have the entire catchment of edinburgh under our belts...22,000 would not be enough!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt92 View Post
    Short term thinking.

Hearts get relegated/go bust...one city, one team.

In 10/20+ years time we will have the entire catchment of edinburgh under our belts...22,000 would not be enough!!
    Dream on. Scottish Football is dying unless there is majot change 20+ it could have gone other way.

If hearts do go would Spartans not take their place as they have been wanting in for years and have now got the stadium etc in place.

Quote Originally Posted by cwilliamson85 View Post
    If hearts do go would Spartans not take their place as they have been wanting in for years and have now got the stadium etc in place.
    I did mean Spartans would go into Div3 and not straight into the SPL.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Bin them. Properly.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Regards Spartans they had everything in place as you say the last time.

And one stand that holds 400 seats is that really having everything in place?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    I suspect you may be right in as much as it affects budgets for next season. Mind you, we have an ubudgeted windfall from this season's cup run to make up any shortfall and we only have one pre-split home derby next season which I'm sure the Tache has factored in.

I must say I'm warming to the scenario of a Hearts in admin starting on -14 pts and unable to sign new players next season. Then everyone can budget for life without them the season after.
    -15, min?

They were juiced financially and benefitted from the Pieman's debt mountain in 1998 to win a cup and then Vlad who must have put at least £25m of his, I.E UKIO's, money into them - and that's aside from the current £25m debt - money that the UKIO investors and depositors will never get back. So they've had a good run from it, better players than us most of the past decade and two Scottish Cups and a Champions League qualifying game, but all 'good runs' come to an end when fuelled on hun like corruption. Time for lower league football played out at Meadowbank.

Left by mutual consent!
    Get them tae *****!!

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibby View Post
    They were juiced financially and benefitted from the Pieman's debt mountain in 1998 to win a cup and then Vlad who must have put at least £25m of his, I.E UKIO's, money into them - and that's aside from the current £25m debt - money that the UKIO investors and depositors will never get back. So they've had a good run from it, better players than us most of the past decade and two Scottish Cups and a Champions League qualifying game, but all 'good runs' come to an end when fuelled on hun like corruption. Time for lower league football played out at Meadowbank.
    That sounds smashing.....

Left by mutual consent! God Petrie's Avatar
    Hibs need sporting integrity - not teams getting away with cheating as that has been a major contributing factor to our poor performance over the last 5-10 years.

Not again We had this debate with Sevco and sporting integrity rightly won the day. If the bigger clubs can overspend without appropriate penalty (financially dope) then we might as well close the game down.