hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

Any queues this morning?

After yesterdays marathon wait to get tickets, are folk doing the same today?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Yes, past main entrance to west stand

About a 2-3 hour wait.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    My brothers pictures

Got there at 9:30 was served at 11:50. All worth it to get my tickets though!

@hibs.net private member
    Here's an update from the club. If you're thinking of going to ER to buy tickets, dinnae. They've closed the queue.

02 May 2013
    Thursday's queue stopped at 1.30pm

Hibernian Football Club would like to thank Season Ticket Members once again for their patience while queuing for their William Hill Scottish Cup Final (26 May) tickets during the second day of the priority window.
    Over 10,000 tickets have now been sold, in person, online or via the Call Centre (tel: 0844 844 1875, option 1) and the club appreciates the patience shown by our Season Ticket Members during this incredibly busy period.
    Due to the large volume of Season Ticket Members queing outside the Ticket Office, the decision has been made to stop the queue at 1.30pm.
    Season Ticket Members are reminded that they are guaranteed a seat at Hampden for the Cup Final during this priority window, which closes on Saturday 11 May (5pm) - there are nine days remaining for you to secure your seat.
    That decision was made to ensure all supporters in the current queue would be served and handed their Cup Final ticket on Thursday.
    Season Ticket Members are reminded that William Hill Scottish Cup Final tickets can still be purchased online (24 hours a day).
    Click here to purchase online
    The Ticket Office will reopen on Friday morning (10am), so please if you are a Season Ticket Member be assured that you are guaranteed a Cup Final ticket. The priority window closes on Saturday 11 May at 5pm via all sales channels.

Heading up Monday early doors to get my tickets, i'll stand and queue all day if i have to! :pfgwa

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Can these not be bought over the internet?

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Would a wee merchandise stall by the queue not be an idea here? There's some decent stuff and someone there for 3 hours is bound to be tempted at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would a wee merchandise stall by the queue not be an idea here? There's some decent stuff and someone there for 3 hours is bound to be tempted at some point?
    macaroon bars , chewy chewing gum , spam rolls like the auld days

Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    macaroon bars , chewy chewing gum , spam rolls like the auld days
    Ye had Macaroon bars?Did ye have Klipso bars?

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    I can understand people who are buying dozens queueing up but I don't see the point otherwise.
    They might be saving a few quid on booking fees but how much are they spending on bus fares or petrol? And how much is their time worth?

Each to their own I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    I can understand people who are buying dozens queueing up but I don't see the point otherwise.
    They might be saving a few quid on booking fees but how much are they spending on bus fares or petrol? And how much is their time worth?

Agree. Anyone with an ounce of sense and only able to buy one or two tickets will be waiting until the panic is over. Personally I wouldn't be standing there for hours. Did it back in 2006 for the Hearts semi final. Three hours in the freezing cold and vowed that I wouldn't do it again.

Good luck everybody but leave some for the public sale.

Left by mutual consent!
    They can if the system allows you tae buy the number tickets you're entitled. Half the people in the queue are probably there because the online system that was supposed tae save them from queuing winnae let the have the number of tickets they want or are entitled tae.

Is there a separate window for ticket collections, for those that have bought tickets online?

What is the queue like now?

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    They can if the system allows you tae buy the number tickets you're entitled. Half the people in the queue are probably there because the online system that was supposed tae save them from queuing winnae let the have the number of tickets they want or are entitled tae.
    I got 4 tickets together in the North Stand section C4 online yesterday. I might have just been lucky though.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SunnyLeith View Post
    I got 4 tickets together in the North Stand section C4 online yesterday. I might have just been lucky though.
    Well it winnae allow us the number we should be getting, we ken who in our group has renewed and who hasnae therefore who is supposed tae get two and who is supposed tae get one and the total number we should get. It's their ****in' balls up as usual. This should all have been set up and checked before they started selling the ****in' tickets. We qualified for this final weeks ago what the **** have they been doing in that time. Too busy organising draws tae attract part times tae the last few games and never mind those who have already paid up front twice.

First Team Breakthrough Hibhibhooray's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibhibhooray PSN ID: Hibhibhooray

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    Thats the problem, turned up at 3pm yesterday (had to work) to be turned away, tried online to be told I am trying to order to many tickets, then spent 40 minutes on the phone to be told we have secured your seats and then no you have not, the system won't let you order that amount of tickets......turned up to day after work 2pm to be turned away....not a happy camper

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post

How long are people queuing for?

Still think its a joke, season ticket holders should have had priority... No ballots no members nothing.. It is a selling point of the season that you get first priority, yet I find myself being turned away when people going to one game have there hands on tickets before me? What happens if we sold 11k seasons for next season, and that would mean if a current season ticket holder wasn't fast a ballot winner could get a ticket and ST holder misses out? Should have been 1 for season, 1 for next season, then a priority window for these Hibernians members whatever that is and then any left to the good old queue at the ticket office or pver the phone public sale...

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Still think its a joke, season ticket holders should have had priority... No ballots no members nothing.. It is a selling point of the season that you get first priority, yet I find myself being turned away when people going to one game have there hands on tickets before me? What happens if we sold 11k seasons for next season, and that would mean if a current season ticket holder wasn't fast a ballot winner could get a ticket and ST holder misses out? Should have been 1 for season, 1 for next season, then a priority window for these Hibernians members whatever that is and then any left to the good old queue at the ticket office or pver the phone public sale...
    "Ballot winners from Aberdeen and St Mirren games buying within a group with Season Ticket Members can purchase two tickets from 1 May. Not in a group then the priority window opens 8 May."

I think this is pretty fair. Only ballot winners going in a group with ST holders can purchase in the first week. This means that ST-holders can sit next to their ballot-winning friends/family.

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeN View Post
    "Ballot winners from Aberdeen and St Mirren games buying within a group with Season Ticket Members can purchase two tickets from 1 May. Not in a group then the priority window opens 8 May."

I think this is pretty fair. Only ballot winners going in a group with ST holders can purchase in the first week. This means that ST-holders can sit next to their ballot-winning friends/family.
    My bad indeed then... Although I don't agree with the ballots i thought they all had first priority!

How long are people queuing for?
    3 hours or thereabouts. If I thought I would have to wait three hours in that queue I certainly wouldn't hang about. It would be out with the smartphone and I'd order the tickets online and have them delivered to my house for a small premium. I would spend that three hours I would have wasted in the pub enjoying a nice pint or two, knowing my tickets are safely ordered.

Feel sorry for the guys like Dan who have no choice though. Just bad luck.

not trolling here, I promise, but I find purchasing hibs tickets (as a ST holder) extremely easy anytime I've went to do it, the ref number on your ST card opens up everything you need on the online site, me and my friend are only entitled to 2 as we're not renewing next season, but somehow when I told the website I wanted 5 tickets for C3 it came up with 5 different seats, (no doubt if I went to the checkout there would have been some sort of error message) but I didn't fancy any of the 5 seats that came up, either too close to the front or too far back, so I cleared my basket and asked for 10 tickets in C3, yet again it came up with 10 tickets, 3 seats next to each other at the front, 2 seats in the middle, another 3 at the back etc etc, so I just kept doing that (takes seconds) until a row I fancied came up, which it eventually did, it was almost as easy as ordering tickets for ER where you can actually pick your exact seat.

The below pic is an example, you just say naw to the ones you don't want :), literally takes 10 seconds to cross them all out and start again if none of the 10-20 seats in that section takes your fancy, I realise a red message comes up sometimes when you originally request the number of seats and area but that seems to stop if you change the drop down box that says "Best Available" and change it to the section you would like to sit in, you're going to get the best available anyway when your going through 20 different seats every 2 mins!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...bstickets.jpg/
    Last edited by ChooseLife; 03-05-2013 at 06:23 AM.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Has the queue formed yet?

@hibs.net private member Hibby_Paul's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    not trolling here, I promise, but I find purchasing hibs tickets (as a ST holder) extremely easy anytime I've went to do it, the ref number on your ST card opens up everything you need on the online site, me and my friend are only entitled to 2 as we're not renewing next season, but somehow when I told the website I wanted 5 tickets for C3 it came up with 5 different seats, (no doubt if I went to the checkout there would have been some sort of error message) but I didn't fancy any of the 5 seats that came up, either too close to the front or too far back, so I cleared my basket and asked for 10 tickets in C3, yet again it came up with 10 tickets, 3 seats next to each other at the front, 2 seats in the middle, another 3 at the back etc etc, so I just kept doing that (takes seconds) until a row I fancied came up, which it eventually did, it was almost as easy as ordering tickets for ER where you can actually pick your exact seat.

The below pic is an example, you just say naw to the ones you don't want :), literally takes 10 seconds to cross them all out and start again if none of the 10-20 seats in that section takes your fancy, I realise a red message comes up sometimes when you originally request the number of seats and area but that seems to stop if you change the drop down box that says "Best Available" and change it to the section you would like to sit in, you're going to get the best available anyway when your going through 20 different seats every 2 mins!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...bstickets.jpg/
    Cheers very helpful, my mate at work said same to me as I was struggling to get 19 seats together in north when I first tried and ended up sorted for block C2 - 8 and 11 seats over 2 rows.

Really hate paying the £1.50 fee but given the long waits at ticket office, bad weather etc glad I opted for online, rather than getting up tomorrow at crack of dawn. Can relax now When it's £1.50 per person it's not end of world!

Personally I am queueing for two reasons.

1. I'd like the tickets in my hand asap.

2. I don't trust pstmen in this world, and after hearing horror stories about people last year not getting their tickets etc etc I prefer to queue. Did think it would be quieter today though.

Quote Originally Posted by hibs4thecup1988 View Post
    Personally I am queueing for two reasons.

1. I'd like the tickets in my hand asap.

2. I don't trust pstmen in this world, and after hearing horror stories about people last year not getting their tickets etc etc I prefer to queue. Did think it would be quieter today though.
    You could have ordered online or by phone and collected the tickets yourself.

First Team Breakthrough Dav1986's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: davidmcandrew86
    How long is the queue today?

@hibs.net private member hibeesjoe's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: catcabbage
    Any news on queue length today? Need to go up too sort out my client reference number. Won't allow me to buy 2 tickets because my sons season ticket is attached to mine and they have the same number. Emailed the club but no response yet. Tried option 2 on the ticketline but no one picks up then you get disconnected.