hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Turning people away at ticket office

If you are thinking of coming downto the ticket office don't bother. The line is now closed and they are sending people away

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by mondacabbage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you are thinking of coming downto the ticket office don't bother. The line is now closed and they are sending people away
    My sons been there for two and a half hours and is only at the west stand reception so anybody turning up wouldnt get served until after closing time.

I don't understand why there's massive queues? Surely if you're a season ticket holder you're guaranteed your place at Hampden and don't need to spend all day in a line. Personally, I'm not planning to head down for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    I don't understand why there's massive queues? Surely if you're a season ticket holder you're guaranteed your place at Hampden and don't need to spend all day in a line. Personally, I'm not planning to head down for a few days.
    Some people might want decent seats before the North Stand is sold out.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FleshCabbage
    I waited for 3 and a half hours in a queue today so it is understandable that they are turning people away now. I feel sorry for the Ticket Office staff who will be feeling the wrath of the online customers who couldn't book tickets via the website. They have been working hard all day and didn't get a break in the time that I was waiting.

@hibs.net private member
    Hitting four and a half hours in the queue now and is only at turnstyle 17

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Does anyone know if there's a separate queue for season ticket renewals?

First Team Breakthrough portyhibernian's Avatar
    Been here 5 hours, probably going to be 6 hours before I get served, do feel sorry for the ticket office staff but hasn't been handled well at all.

Quote Originally Posted by EH6 Hibby View Post
    Does anyone know if there's a separate queue for season ticket renewals?
    They're being sold separately from the club shop
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    They're being sold separately from the club shop
    Cheers. A few of our group still to renew before we get our final tickets and would be a nightmare having to wait in that queue to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu View Post
    Some people might want decent seats before the North Stand is sold out.
    Possibly yeah, but that's where I was in the semi and I went down a few days after they went onsale.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by portyhibernian View Post
    Been here 5 hours, probably going to be 6 hours before I get served, do feel sorry for the ticket office staff but hasn't been handled well at all.

How could it have been handled better?

Quote Originally Posted by Twiglet View Post
    More blocks released online and on the phones.

A lot of those in the queue are there because of the shambles yhat was the online service this morning.

More staff. Better process (there were no queues last year IIRC).

Having someone queuing outside for six hours isn't the best.

Not having lots of people who were unable to order online would have been a good idea. I've renewed but can only buy one ticket online. I also can't get to the ticket office for days so will likely end up with a seat behind the goals. I had 2 tickets for section D4 in my basket at 10:15 this morning though.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    By doing it the same as last year

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post

Thing is, after the 1st hour they must have been aware of the queues etc, surely not beyond the wit of man/woman to think "hang on this is a problem" and make some calls to get extra staff in of rota days off etc? Might've been another hour until they wee there but at least they could have come out and told the queue what was happening and everyone would know thinks were getting better!

@hibs.net private member

Last year you handed in a form and then they sorted it out.
    There's no way they could have anticipated so many people turning up at the stadium today to get tickets. Patterns will have been looked at how people buy tickets generally and how they were bought for the semi. There's only so many computers/tills/card machines that can get used at one time, so even with more staff things may not have gone much quicker. Checks would need to be done on every reference number manually and that takes time if someone rocks up with a few tickets.

Left by mutual consent! Col_0762's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    By doing it the same as last year
    One of the suits walking about today said we all moaned about the forms last year and we never got seats where we all wanted, when he was asked by me why they hadn't done the same.

Yes, but Hibs will have recognised that and arranged for a steady stream of free coffee, snacks and visits from the players for all those poor souls who had to queue all day... right ? That's what any decent company would have done.

Last year you handed in a form and then they sorted it out.
    There's no way they could have anticipated so many people turning up at the stadium today to get tickets. Patterns will have been looked at how people buy tickets generally and how they were bought for the semi. There's only so many computers/tills/card machines that can get used at one time, so even with more staff things may not have gone much quicker. Checks would need to be done on every reference number manually and that takes time if someone rocks up with a few tickets.
    Should have been a seperate window for block bookings. This caused the problems, folk buying 50-70 seats at a time. Anyone wanting 10 or more tickets go to window 1, 9 or less windows 2, 3 and 4. This would have saved a lot of time. Apparently it wasn't "manageable" though.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Yes, but Hibs will have recognised that and arranged for a steady stream of free coffee, snacks and visits from the players for all those poor souls who had to queue all day... right ? That's what any decent company would have done.
    Five and a half hours queueing and they couldnt sit 8 people together! My boy was moaning that when he queued a few years back with his pal for Livi season tickets (I cant even imagine why that would happen but it did) John Robertson appeared with sandwiches and drinks for everybody while Hibs did absolutely nothing.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Col_0762 View Post
    Should have been a seperate window for block bookings. This caused the problems, folk buying 50-70 seats at a time. Anyone wanting 10 or more tickets go to window 1, 9 or less windows 2, 3 and 4. This would have saved a lot of time. Apparently it wasn't "manageable" though.

I think no matter how they did it there would be a lot of unhappy people. A no win situation. If people were making block bookings they may not have been happy that someone who turned up 1 hour after they arrived were buying tickets.
    Still, why people were buying 50-70 tickets? Do people really go in groups that big?

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Col_0762 View Post
    One of the suits walking about today said we all moaned about the forms last year and we never got seats where we all wanted, when he was asked by me why they hadn't done the same.
    I don't remember anyone moaning about the forms last year. 12 of us applied for South Stand tickets, wrote "Upper" on the form and got them. My mate spent ages online trying to get 14 of us together in the North this time. Managed it but pretty near the front unfortunately.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Is it ? There are only so many windows at which Hibs can sell tickets from, is it their fault ? possibly.I have queued for concert tickets/Football tickets and its taken all day to get them, I didn't complain, didn't get coffee or snacks. What could have been done differently by Hibs as you appear to be a master in Customer Services(and also at having digs at Hibs) .

Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    Possibly yeah, but that's where I was in the semi and I went down a few days after they went onsale.
    That was for the semi, hardly the same for the cup final.

I think no matter how they did it there would be a lot of unhappy people. A no win situation. If people were making block bookings they may not have been happy that someone who turned up 1 hour after they arrived were buying tickets.
    Still, why people were buying 50-70 tickets? Do people really go in groups that big?
    One guy took 45 mins at a window alone!! Maybe limit block bookings to online and phone sales only then and make a max of 10 in person. To have OAP's, kids etc stand for 5 hours in cold and wet conditions is out of line. To be fair they offered shelter, but after everyone was soaked through. Ambulance even got called for one old boy. Shambles and like the lady above says no offer of tea/coffee or even water. Hibs just cant handle big games and the requirements needed to serve the customers. Its always the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    I don't remember anyone moaning about the forms last year. 12 of us applied for South Stand tickets, wrote "Upper" on the form and got them. My mate spent ages online trying to get 14 of us together in the North this time. Managed it but pretty near the front unfortunately.
    Thats what we all said today. It was simple. Fill form in, drop it off, pick up tickets. Everyone today agreed they got the seats they wanted last year. But they done their homework apparently.

Sounds like a real shambles. I mean 5 hours queuing...WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by hibbybri View Post
    Is it ? There are only so many windows at which Hibs can sell tickets from, is it their fault ? possibly.I have queued for concert tickets/Football tickets and its taken all day to get them, I didn't complain, didn't get coffee or snacks. What could have been done differently by Hibs as you appear to be a master in Customer Services(and also at having digs at Hibs) .
    Erm, yes and yes ! Fact that you're prepared to tolerate that doesn't make it right - and more likely just perpetuates the problem. Give me £1.50 per ticket booking fee and I'll give it a go