hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough Moon unit's Avatar

Concede a goal...I'm off ski craze!!!

Noticed when the 3rd went in loads of folk immediately stood up and bolted!..watched MOTD, noticed fans walking out after their teams conceded. This petulant craze seems to be on the increase everywhere?...it seems to me that a lot of fans are turning into spoilt brats who have been brought up on a want now diet!, not able to cope when things go t*ts up!
    Please grow a spine and support the team and rid this craze from ER!..

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon unit View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Noticed when the 3rd went in loads of folk immediately stood up and bolted!..watched MOTD, noticed fans walking out after their teams conceded. This petulant craze seems to be on the increase everywhere?...it seems to me that a lot of fans are turning into spoilt brats who have been brought up on a want now diet!, not able to cope when things go t*ts up!
    Why don't you mind your own business, I left after st mirren scored the 3rd and tbh I wish I had left earlier. I have paid my money, the game was meaningless so I decided to leave and miss the queues at the bar.

@hibs.net private member neilmartinrocks's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sum1stolemytag
    Never done it myself (too tight) but I'd rather some did rather than be subjected tae some of the utter pish I heard on saturday.
    Last edited by Part/Time Supporter; 30-04-2013 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Why don't you mind your own business, I left after st mirren scored the 3rd and tbh I wish I had left earlier. I have paid my money, the game was meaningless so I decided to leave and miss the queues at the bar.
    Meaningless....Mmmm?

During a second half when Hibs always looked like scoring, not a given of late, had a good chance of a home league win no one has seen in four months, and there were five goals?

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Spot on apart from the 2012 Cup Final!

Quote Originally Posted by RicheyWhite View Post
    During a second half when Hibs always looked like scoring, not a given of late, had a good chance of a home league win no one has seen in four months, and there were five goals?
    I just couldn't get myself motivated for it, I spent most of the game talking to my mates or checking the scores from other games

Testimonial Due
    Opposite for me, I really don't get some people's fascination with staying till the bitter end when we've been so poor. There's a pal who I sometimes go with who will refuse to leave before full time no matter what's happening on the pitch. I'm sure he feels like an uber fan for doing so but I just find it annoying. Perfect example of this is the Motherwell game at ER at the tail end of last year when we were 2-0 up and ended up getting beat 3-2. As soon as we scored the 2nd Motherwell came out and battered us for the rest of the game. When they scored the winner I went to leave with about 50% of the support but he stopped me because he wanted to stay. No idea what he was expecting to happen because we'd been absolutely dire and it's not like the team deserved to be cheered off the park.

First Team Breakthrough Devilstorment's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Devilstorment PSN ID: Devilstorment
    A few points on this one.

Some folk head to go for a piss or a pie. To hit straight back after a goal isnt the norm so best to nip then (especially if HT looms)
    Some folk have quite a travel so leaving when it looks unlikely that we will salvage anything is sensible from their point of view
    Either way the club still gets ticket money, so if they fill the seat for 45 minutes or 90 doesnt matter too much

I rarely leave early, only time i do is during mid week games and thats win lose or draw because I have a train to catch and getting home at 11pm doesnt appeal to me when i have work the next day!

Folk have left games early for years, it's hardly some new and disturbing craze.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Folk have left games early for years, it's hardly some new and disturbing craze.
    I fully agree, but it seems to be happening more as soon as we concede, just think the team appreciate our backing to help them get back in the game.

I've watched Hibs since roughly 85. I've left god knows how many games early if we have been losing by 2 or 3. Only the semi have they came back from 3-0 that I can mind. Every other time they got beat. So I missed nothing staying and beat the traffic. I stayed on sat because only 1 goal was in it.

@hibs.net private member
    I agree it gives the impression of a lack of moral fibre - like a bunch of spoilt brats who go off in the huff if they're not getting their own way. Of course people are entitled to do what they want but the rest of us are entitled to our own opinions about their actions.

Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    I agree it gives the impression of a lack of moral fibre - like a bunch of spoilt brats who go off in the huff if they're not getting their own way. Of course people are entitled to do what they want but the rest of us are entitled to our own opinions about their actions.
    A lack of moral fibre! I've heard it all now

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    There's some of that petulance the OP mentioned.

@hibs.net private member neilmartinrocks's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sum1stolemytag
    shuild maybe set aside a section for the early leavers and gie them a discount.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

Don't let it worry you, I've lost count of the amount of times I've laughed at the folk who have left early and missed a goal, seems crazy to me that you pay to see a game and then leave and miss the most important part of a football match............a goal! Had another wee chuckle to myself on Saturday when what I call the sulkers left.

Unless we're being hammered with about 10-15 minutes to go, I can't understand anyone leaving early.

The people leaving after half an hour in the semi beggared belief, even although it did look ominous for us at that stage.

I left with 15 minutes left of the final last year, whenever they scored their last goal. I was disgusted, angry and upset and I couldn't watch any more. I had had enough and there was no chance of a comeback. If anything, it was going to get worse.

If people want to leave then that's their prerogative. I just don't get it myself.

If people have paid their money then they should be entitled to do whatever they want. If they want to leave early then that's their choice, just be glad they've made the effort to go in the first place and put some money into the club.

Would you rather we stayed at home and not supported the team at all

i left when we lost the third because of where I was parked and the team bottled it again they were ***** again so I left

cant argue with that

@hibs.net private member
    A lack of moral fibre! I've heard it all now
    Like it or not that is the impression people give when they spit the dummy and flounce off because their team is not winning a football match.

Of course, people may be doing it as a conscious form of protest or because they have to catch their last bus or whatever, but they should be under no illusions that they look like anything other than a bunch of big bairns chucking their toys out the pram.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Like it or not that is the impression people give when they spit the dummy and flounce off because their team is not winning a football match.

Of course, people may be doing it as a conscious form of protest or because they have to catch their last bus or whatever, but they should be under no illusions that they look like anything other than a bunch of big bairns chucking their toys out the pram.

Those that got up and left as soon as the third St Mirren goal hit the net certainly looked like that was the case.

@hibs.net private member ...WentToMowAnSPL's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: satvis1
    I did like the post that suggested Hibs could sell tickets that were eligible for first 30 mins to be replaced by uber fans for the remaining 60 ! FWIW was down to hampden with 4 non Hibs supporting mates for semi final who were wishing for a fourth as that would signal departure to pub .... Get it right up ye ! :-) GGTTH
    "At the end of the day, we all aspire to bigger things in our lives but one thing I can truly say from my heart is if I never kick a ball for one of these bigger clubs I would be delighted to stay with Hibs for the rest of my career. That's how highly I regard this club." Ivan Sproule

That's cause I am like a big bairn chucking my toys out of the pram, my point is it's my business when and why I leave and I don't feel other people should be passing judgment and making assumptions about me based on the time I leave. Why don't you just watch the game and enjoy that warm glow of satisfaction when your proved right

I don't understand this craze at the football for folk to be giving a **** about what other folk are doing. Part of the 'everyone should do what I think they should' attitude that permeates society these days.

I just couldn't get myself motivated for it, I spent most of the game talking to my mates or checking the scores from other games
    Well maybe footballs not your sport?

@hibs.net private member ...WentToMowAnSPL's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: satvis1
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    I don't understand this craze at the football for folk to be giving a **** about what other folk are doing. Part of the 'everyone should do what I think they should' attitude that permeates society these days.
    I agree with Beefster and think everyone else should
    "At the end of the day, we all aspire to bigger things in our lives but one thing I can truly say from my heart is if I never kick a ball for one of these bigger clubs I would be delighted to stay with Hibs for the rest of my career. That's how highly I regard this club." Ivan Sproule

Left by mutual consent!
    I have never left a game early.

True fans don't leave games early.

Quote Originally Posted by Meh View Post
    Well maybe footballs not your sport?
    Maybe

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    What other games?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.