hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough Devilstorment's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Devilstorment PSN ID: Devilstorment

Fenlon - Genius or Lucky

So half time at the Cup Semi, Bringing on Caldwell and him banging a goal within 2 mins and then Bringing on Spoony who had a hand in the 3rd today.

.... A lot of people say that Fenlon doesn't have a clue, so the question is: Is the above an extraordinary stroke of luck or a stroke of genius

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    He ain't no genius, that's an absolute certainty!

First Team Breakthrough
    He has a clue, but a genius..... behave.

Nae genius. On May 26 though...it's mental he could be a legend!

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    The guy is a winner. Won with different teams. He has a clue alright.

First Team Breakthrough Devilstorment's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Devilstorment PSN ID: Devilstorment
    I dont think he is a genius, but credit where credit is due IMO

As soon as St Mirren scored today a few folk around me started immediately getting on Fenlon's case.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Einstein was a genius. No football manager is a genius.

Fenlon is a committed, passionate winner. He has tactical nous about him too.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilstorment View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont think he is a genius, but credit where credit is due IMO

As soon as St Mirren scored today a few folk around me started immediately getting on Fenlon's case.
    At 1-1 folk were booing. Bloody disgusting!

He needs credit for his changes in recent games and we have looked better back in 4-4-2 in the last couple of games

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    He makes mistakes as all human beings do, but he's a proven winner.

I think we sometimes forgot where we've been the two previous seasons and let the great run at the start of the season cloud our judgement on how big a rebuilding job he still has on his hands.

If you look at how average Claros, Stevenson and LG looked just before he arrived he has the ability to bring out the best in players. Given time to get a few more of his players in and working in getting consistency out of the lines of Hanlon, Wotherspoon etc. will be the key to how we do next season.

If we had just a little more depth in our squad and those two ridiculous decisions vs Dundee United and Hearts had gone our way we'd be top six right now singing his praises. Those two games were incredibly demoralising really.

I still have faith that PF is the man for the job (although that was wavering at 0-3 vs Falkirk )

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post

I think we sometimes forgot where we've been the two previous seasons and let the great run at the start of the season cloud our judgement on how big a rebuilding job he still has on his hands.

If you look at how average Claros, Stevenson and LG looked just before he arrived he has the ability to bring out the best in players. Given time to get a few more of his players in and working in getting consistency out of the lines of Hanlon, Wotherspoon etc. will be the key to how we do next season.

If we had just a little more depth in our squad and those two ridiculous decisions vs Dundee United and Hearts had gone our way we'd be top six right now singing his praises. Those two games were incredibly demoralising really.

I still have faith that PF is the man for the job (although that was wavering at 0-3 vs Falkirk )

Fenlon is a winner. He will take us places.

Although it was him who brought Claros in, d'oh!

too slow too many times with subs, spoony sub 15 mins earlier...no doubt that the CH pairing needs changing. Shambles at the back overall, not sure about him still but understand he has previous winning mentality but his frustration during post match interviews never really transpires with a different team selection especially at CH where i think we have real problems....taiwo man of the match today for me...superb

@hibs.net private member Tricla's Avatar

It was his switch that moved Leigh to the right wing in the first half. Within a couple of minutes Leigh had a right foot shot(well saved) then scored a left foot rocket after cutting inside. After he scored he appeared to run straight to Fenlon to celebrate?
    Credit where it's due perhaps?

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Thought he ****ed up today in not bringing on Spoony the first time. Changed his mind after it went 2-2 but it was clear to see Handling was humped and needed subbed, that then led to Teale walking past him for the saints third. I like him but some of his decisions can be odd at times.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TreadsoneScot
    So half time at the Cup Semi, Bringing on Caldwell and him banging a goal within 2 mins and then Bringing on Spoony who had a hand in the 3rd today.

.... A lot of people say that Fenlon doesn't have a clue, so the question is: Is the above an extraordinary stroke of luck or a stroke of genius
    Oh ma sides! Changed it in the semi when we were 3-0 down and being totally horsed from the first whistle.Took him over half an hour to make any tactical or personnel change.

What do people think he would do IF worst case scenario we are down 2-0 at half time in the cup final? Would he go for it like we did against Falkirk or except we're going to lose so try and tighten it up so we don't have another repeat of last year. I'm guessing that come the 26th we will know if he's lucky, a genius or something else all together.

Would a genius have signed Robertson and Done in January?

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    At 1-1 folk were booing. Bloody disgusting!

He needs credit for his changes in recent games and we have looked better back in 4-4-2 in the last couple of games

We haven't won a home league game this year. We've won 2 league games in 19. Why should he get ANY credit for constantly failing to win games?

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Einstein was a genius. No football manager is a genius.

Fenlon is a committed, passionate winner. He has tactical nous about him too.

Yeah, our league position backs that up.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sesoim View Post
    We haven't won a home league game this year. We've won 2 league games in 19. Why should he get ANY credit for constantly failing to win games?
    On the other hand why should he shoulder all the blame for that? There are 11 - 14 players out there every week who are mostly to blame imo.

Done was PF's third or fourth choice signing behind Wylde, Swanson and Craig but as the other three deals couldn't be concluded in January we got Done. Hardly fair to knock him on that one.

Robertson will be next seasons Claros. Mark my words.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    It was his switch that moved Leigh to the right wing in the first half. Within a couple of minutes Leigh had a right foot shot(well saved) then scored a left foot rocket after cutting inside. After he scored he appeared to run straight to Fenlon to celebrate?
    Credit where it's due perhaps?
    He was celebrating and gesturing to somebody in the upper West: didn't even look at Fenlon.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Yeah, our league position backs that up.
    Our league position at the start of the season proved it.

Left by mutual consent!
    On certain occasions a manager gets things right and gets them wrong. PF has got them right in most cup games and eventually v Falkirk but in the SPL he has not IMO done good enough. Cup final or not I am not impressed 17 months on. Bobby Williamson got us to a final as did John Collins who won. Mowbray didnt but I know who I would like as a manager again.

He is not a genius or lucky if we are to push on in SPL then I am looking for better than a league place or 2 as progress after 17 months at this rate Caldwell will be in testimonial year for us to be pushing 3rd.

I would have signed Robertson in january, although I think this backs up your point more than everyone elses

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    On paper both looked like good signings. I still think Robertson will be.

@hibs.net private member
    He is certainly no genius and I feel he frequently (and frustratingly) gets tactically out thought by opposition managers but I continually remind myself that he is very young for a manager and I think we need to give him time to learn his trade and improve. Changing managers every year or 2 clearly hasn't worked for us. Personally, I think Fenlon has shown just enough potential to give us hope that he will improve as a manager and improve the team at the same time. His appointment was clearly one for the long haul, not a short term fix.

Left by mutual consent!
    Done was PF's third or fourth choice signing behind Wylde, Swanson and Craig but as the other three deals couldn't be concluded in January we got Done. Hardly fair to knock him on that one.

Robertson will be next seasons Claros. Mark my words.
    He wanted to sign Done. So he takes blame. Compounded by the fact Harria was doing well in ressies. Fenlon on playing him because Done is junk.