hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Slating Hibs

Slating Hibs

I have just watched the highlights from mondays game. At the match I thought we were by far the better side and the highlights have confirmed this. So why have hibs been slated by all and sundry for our performance? and not a word about the sheep

2. Log in to remove the advert

Weedgay press and their Northern/**** flock springs to mind!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SWYD1875
    Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have just watched the highlights from mondays game. At the match I thought we were by far the better side and the highlights have confirmed this. So why have hibs been slated by all and sundry for our performance? and not a word about the sheep
    The Sheep were slated, however Mr Brown (John) thought he'd be clever to mouth off about Hibs, and the fact that we're in a cup final but put in a boring performance, before being sent packing to the First Division.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE1875 View Post
    The Sheep were slated, however Mr Brown (John) thought he'd be clever to mouth off about Hibs, and the fact that we're in a cup final but put in a boring performance, before being sent packing to the First Division.
    I wondered why we were slated too.

We played pretty well looking at the highlights. Couldn't believe some of the comments...

If Griffiths shot had gone in, we would be talking about yet another wonder goal and not about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs4thecup1988 View Post
    I wondered why we were slated too.

We played pretty well looking at the highlights. Couldn't believe some of the comments...

If Griffiths shot had gone in, we would be talking about yet another wonder goal and not about the game.
    Neither of you must've seen the game then?

Both sides were atrocious. It was an awful, awful game.
    Once again, the highlights don't do the game justice, the editor needs a knighthood.

Left by mutual consent!
    They get slated constantly by some folk on here who are supposed tae support the club.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu View Post

Once again, the highlights don't do the game justice, the editor needs a knighthood.
    It wisnae great but it wisnae the worst we've seen. I think the point being made is why are Hibs being singled out for their performance, however bad Hibs were, they were far better than the sheep and worth the three points. I'm sure we all ken thicko hun Brown's agenda but why by others when the sheep weren't, what's their agenda.
    Last edited by Saorsa; 27-04-2013 at 09:30 AM.

@hibs.net private member neilmartinrocks's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sum1stolemytag
    We are hibs nobody likes us and were a tad miffed.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Sometimes the truth is difficult to accept.

@hibs.net private member
    Brown trying to motivate us to beat St Mirren as if we don't they're doon

However he was right .. We were p1sh but so wiz the dons

Hopefully a better performance today

Mon the Hibees

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Radio Scotland was more like Radio Aberdeen with Messrs Gordon, Miller and Dodds.

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu View Post

Yes, I was at tghe game. My point is, why were we singled out when we were only ones trying to win

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    It was not great stuff, a combination of strong winds and fiery pitch and two teams struggling for some league form. It was certainly not as bad as the media commentators were making out that`s for sure. Every team in the SPL has been guilty of contributing to some poor fare this season, but for some reason we are the ones who everyone seems to enjoy sticking the boot into.

The reaction on Sportsound summed up the mentality of Scottish football by only focusing on the negatives. Richard Gordon to be fair did try to highlight some positives but was laughed out the studio by his colleagues.

First Team Regular West hamBERNIAN's Avatar
    It was a dreadful game, there was little to no link up play, the only passes we put together are mcpake to Hanlon and so forth until we hoof it up the park. Can't remember the last time we played a one-two and left a defending player behind. However we were much more affective at hoofing it than Aberdeen and our players managed to make more opportunities on the ball. Hopefully we'll see an improvement before the final and tinkcastle.