hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pre-cup final messages to the team

If I remember correctly, before last years cup final the club set up some kind of message thing where the fans could send in messages and they would be read out to the team. Will there be a similar type thing before this years cup final? Thought it was quite a good idea TBH, let the squad know we are behind them and just how much winning the final would mean to us etc. Mind you they should already know all that without being told but good idea all the same.

2. Log in to remove the advert

didnt make any difference last year did it, id think it adds more pressure on the players, just my opinion.

Turn up or we will ****in' kill you !!!

Quote Originally Posted by WHO DAT! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    didnt make any difference last year did it, id think it adds more pressure on the players, just my opinion.
    I agree, i think it does add pressure. No need for it IMO. I am sure we will be able to do something similar IF we win.

Turn up and F'ing win this Cup and be Legends and give your supporters their day, they deserve it!! End off!!

They know how much it means to us.
    Get Pat to take the whole team along porty beach like we did before the final in 1902.
    Might work.

Just send them a video of AEK Athens' penultimate game of the season.

If we're gonna lose then we're gonna lose. Better teams than us have been beat of them. All I ask is that we do it with a bit of heart, fight and spirit.
    That said, we've beat them before and we'll beat them again so get the finger out, get in about them and bring that cup back to ER.

If the team goes out and plays with heart, fight and desire then i'll be happy.

I can take getting beat if we play with pride, what I can't take is a capitulation like last year.

No messages needed imo, they should know what it means and the likes of Thomson and Griffiths will make sure others do whilst McPake, Claros, Hanlon et al must know they have a point to prove after last year.

@hibs.net private member
    Remember last year and go and make yourselves legends #GGTTH

Get an early night. Even if there's a really good film on.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    We know were you live

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    If you come off that pitch in a state beyond exhausted, having given every drop of sweat in your body for the cause, you will be heroes win lose or draw. In that respect there is little pressure on you.

What you can achieve is something even higher than the accolade of a hero, each and every player can become a legend. In 2050 you can have the fans singing songs about Harris pelting down the wing, Claros dominating the midfield, McPake the cup winning captain, Sparky the man who broke the hoodoo and won the cup for his childhood team.

Each and every player has the power to do what Sauzee couldn't, what Riordan couldn't, what George Best couldn't what the famous five couldn't, what Turnbull's Tornadoes couldn't, what Eduarto Hurtado couldn't. They have the power to put the spring in the clubs step, the power to put the sunshine on Leith.

What I would say to the players is that there is no pressure on them, as long as they give the most they've ever given on a football pitch they will be a hero in my eyes no matter what. Who knows, each and every player is ninety minutes away from being a legend.

Glory Glory to the ****in' Hibees.

if we win, we win

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Don't be fannies.

First Team Regular erin-go-bragh87's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    If you come off that pitch in a state beyond exhausted, having given every drop of sweat in your body for the cause, you will be heroes win lose or draw. In that respect there is little pressure on you.

What you can achieve is something even higher than the accolade of a hero, each and every player can become a legend. In 2050 you can have the fans singing songs about Harris pelting down the wing, Claros dominating the midfield, McPake the cup winning captain, Sparky the man who broke the hoodoo and won the cup for his childhood team.

Each and every player has the power to do what Sauzee couldn't, what Riordan couldn't, what George Best couldn't what the famous five couldn't, what Turnbull's Tornadoes couldn't, what Eduarto Hurtado couldn't. They have the power to put the spring in the clubs step, the power to put the sunshine on Leith.

What I would say to the players is that there is no pressure on them, as long as they give the most they've ever given on a football pitch they will be a hero in my eyes no matter what. Who knows, each and every player is ninety minutes away from being a legend.

Brilliant. Get this read out before kick off!!

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    "Do you want an easy or difficult calendar signing session next year?"

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

Forget what I said, this is it

First Team Breakthrough mikethehibee69's Avatar
    Actually got goosebumps reading this!!!!! Cmon bring this ruddy thing home!!!! GGTTH

Neil Lennon told me he had all your Burds!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: II Muz x

spot on mate!

The least said the better I reckon. They'd have to be thick as planks not to know how the support feels after the debacle last year. Mind you.....

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar

THis has to be read out to the team before the final. Quality NH pure quality

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Even if you get humped 6-0, dont get too down on yourselves. Its only a game after all, and George St. will still be there

I will personally buy each player one sweetie of their choice if they win. And a bag of crisps if they score.

@hibs.net private member Dan Sarf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee92 View Post
    I will personally buy each player one sweetie of their choice if they win. And a bag of crisps if they score.
    Who are these sweeties? Have they agreed to this?

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We know where you live.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    Gie the baw too sparky!!

Quote Originally Posted by WHO DAT! View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking too.

Tell you what, let's make a list of all the things we've tried to do to help the team in the last 9 Scottish Cup Finals (and which have failed miserably) and let's AVOID them. I'll start by NOT wearing my lucky pants

Quote Originally Posted by murraymckirdy View Post
    spot on mate!
    Ewan McGregor will play the lead role in a remake of Fever Pitch (the Ultimate Cut). What a film the Hibs Story would make