hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Had a dream a few nights ago that we won 1-0 aet. Tim Clancy scored winning goal after 95 mins!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Had a dream a few nights ago that we won 1-0 aet. Tim Clancy scored winning goal after 95 mins!
    Think you stole Tim Clancy's dream :)

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Wouldnae wish a serious injury on the guy, but, Brown to break down in training and miss the game would be a wee Brucie bonus!
    Is Brown not injured just now? I'm sure he's got a problem with his hip or something just now which has caused him to miss several games this season

Worried about this one but not as worried as I was last year before the final and the fear of loosing was also compounded by the idea that that ugly mob across the city would win it which is a stomach churning thought. Can't say i'm confident tbh, Celtic will be right up for this one and desperate to do the double. Heart says 2-1 hibs head says 3-0 celtic

But never the less, ill be there, hoping for a miracle and cheering on the hibees as always

Believe - it might just be our year guys, stranger things have happened in a cup final!

3-1 Hibs in one of the biggest upsets since Partick/Celts. We'll all be pinching ourselves as Leigh gets a breakaway killer 3rd with 15 mins to go. CFC throw everything at us and manage to get one back with 5 left but Williams is outstanding and makes two match-winning stops in the dying minutes. The whistle blows and the Hibs end goes into meltdown. And for the rest of your life you'll be able to say in a quiet, understated, Hibs Class way..."I was there".

Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    Is Brown not injured just now? I'm sure he's got a problem with his hip or something just now which has caused him to miss several games this season
    Hes back in training apparently and although it will be a close call, he's hoping to try be back for the final.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    So was I. West stand?

Timothy left pretty sharpish as I recall

We did too actually as we were getting worried that the Aberdeen fans might think we were Celtic fans too as we weren't jumping about like a bunch of fruitloops
    Yep, the old covered terracing. Timothy said he'd wait for me outside as well, but didn't show. My wife (girlfriend then) is a Sheepy, so I had to stay till the bitter end.

Anybody looking for an omen, that was a historic first, the first SC final without a replay and the Dons had lost 3-0 at Parkhead a few weeks before. This is a historic first, the first SC final on a Sunday and we lost 3-0 at Parkhead a few weeks ago!

My, how strange football suppoters are. There was a thread on here a few days ago and I dared say I thought Hibs would lose the final, to which I was attacked from all sides, even told to grow a backbone, strangely enough, one of the main culprits that day has posted on this topic that he/she too thinks we will lose, alough from the vehement way he/she posted a few days ago you would not believe it was the same poster. Now we have a thread with quite a large percentage voicing their fears that we will lose. Personally I hope and pray with every fibre of my being that we win the cup, however, as previously stated, just cant see us doing it.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by eric.hibsfan View Post
    My, how strange football suppoters are. There was a thread on here a few days ago and I dared say I thought Hibs would lose the final, to which I was attacked from all sides, even told to grow a backbone, strangely enough, one of the main culprits that day has posted on this topic that he/she too thinks we will lose, alough from the vehement way he/she posted a few days ago you would not believe it was the same poster. Now we have a thread with quite a large percentage voicing their fears that we will lose. Personally I hope and pray with every fibre of my being that we win the cup, however, as previously stated, just cant see us doing it.

There is nothing wrong with predicting a loss, most hibees don't go into a normal Celtic game expecting anything more than a draw so this game won't be much different. Celtic are a far better team than us that's why they've won the league and we can't even get top 6. I'm just hoping we turn up on the day and don't capitulate like last year with the majority of the 2nd half left to go. As has already been mentioned, if we still have a chance of winning with 15 mins or so left then who knows, it's not impossible

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Celtc go a goal up in the first 20 minutes. They continue to be all over us till we get a break away, win a corner and Paul Hanlon stabs in an equaliser on the 60th minute. We continue to keep them out till the clock hits 90. In the 91st minute Mcpake hoofs a panicked clearance away which see's Griffiths pick the ball up on the halfway line, he sticks it through Scott Browns legs and drives forward till he's 25 yards out. He then bangs the ball into the top corner to win Hibs the Scottish cup for the first time in 111 years. Seems easy enough

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    The performances in recent years of Ross County/Kilmarnock and St Mirren at Hampden and our own performances against Celtc this season also are proof positive that we have a decent chance in this game as does the semi final a week ago when they were quite lucky to get through. The loss of Wanyama and his replacement Kayal is a loss to them also IMO. They have very good attacking options in a back to form Commons, Hooper, Forrest (a key player) and also Samaras who seems to play in the bigger games however they definitely have weaknesses at the back and as some have said if we are level with 15 to 20 to go then we have a great chance.

I think we'll lose but as long as we get out there and have a go at Celtic then I won't be too upset. Lower expectations = less pain

If Brown doesn't make it then I think Hibs will win.

Celtic would obviously still have a better side but I just have a feeling that with their midfield severely weakened, that Thomson and Claros would click and it would be our day.

Ill go with 1-1 then scott brown scoring an O.G in extra time and watch the mighty hibees lift the cup!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsmad View Post
    If Brown doesn't make it then I think Hibs will win.

Celtic would obviously still have a better side but I just have a feeling that with their midfield severely weakened, that Thomson and Claros would click and it would be our day.
    The opposite of that is if he does make it the chances of him being fit and sharp are probably pretty slim. Wonder if he would have a lovers tiff with Thomo.

The most important thing for me is the players go out with the belief they can do it and put up a good show.

I really do think it will be tight... Keep Commons and Forrest in the back foot and we will do ok.

They will push men forward at every opportunity and I am hoping to capitalise on that.

2-1 Hibs for me. GG

As I've said previously, I've predicted Hibs to get beat in every other round and see no reason to change that now.

So, 3-1 to Celtc.

A pessimist is always happier than an optimist because he's either proved right or pleasantly surprised

I fear for us.

As I can't go I am prepared to miss the celebrations IF i'm wrong. I will however be having a sherbet or two in a lonely corner of Englandshire.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Play like we did in the 2nd half in the semi-final and we will win
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Like many other I can't see us winning. I'm going more in hope than expectation. I'd say Celtic will win 3-1 but I'd take the worst game of football and a win on penalties.

Not even gonna post what i reckon the score will be as it will no doubt be wrong. What would be class though is Hanlon to pop up with a 90th minute header to win.

Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    There is nothing wrong with predicting a loss, most hibees don't go into a normal Celtic game expecting anything more than a draw so this game won't be much different. Celtic are a far better team than us that's why they've won the league and we can't even get top 6. I'm just hoping we turn up on the day and don't capitulate like last year with the majority of the 2nd half left to go. As has already been mentioned, if we still have a chance of winning with 15 mins or so left then who knows, it's not impossible

Agree1100%, Yes over the course of a season Celtic are a far better bet, however.....in a one-off game ,added to the fact that they have developed a compex about Hampden, who knows, maybe, just maybe. . . . . .

3-2 Hibs.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    Celtic have so many attacking options its hard to think we will keep a clean sheet with recent form, BUT we have already this season and proved we can match them in Glasgow then beaten them at ER. IMO their weakest part of their team is in defence so really hope we can have a go at them. 11 v 11 on the day and if most of our 11 can be near the top of their game then 2-1 Hibs. . Will be pretty pissed off if we dont have a go and lose 1 or 2 nil anyway !

As mentioned in posts above, as long as we turn up and give them a game and actually show some desire and will to win. Last years final we just let hearts walk all over us. We just didn't look up for it at all, you would never have thought we were playing in a cup final the way some of our players attitudes were. Lets hope that celtic trip on their own complacency. The players absolutely have to believe in themselves and have the desire to win. Play for every ball and give them as little space as possible. The problem last year (amongst others) was that we allowed hearts faaaar too much space to pass and move. Stevenson for example gave Black absolutely acres of room! We need to get right up in their faces and frustrate them right from the start. Their fans are impatient so if we can start to frustrate them hopefully their fans will start to get restless and get on their backs. Strength, desire and fearlessness is what we absolutely must have!

Wont be easy at all, celtic are a very strong side, but I think the players attitudes are very important. Although it still hurts getting beat, I can accept it more if the team gave everything and did they best they could but what makes defeat even worse is when they don't look interested. If the players in that dressing room can't get themselves up and raring to go for a Scottish cup final then they may as well not even bother showing up. A lot of the players in last years cup final squad looked like they couldn't give a ****. There are players in our squad who may never get to play in such a huge game again, every single one of them has the chance to make themselves heroes forever.

Quote Originally Posted by M17 View Post
    Celtc go a goal up in the first 20 minutes. They continue to be all over us till we get a break away, win a corner and Paul Hanlon stabs in an equaliser on the 60th minute. We continue to keep them out till the clock hits 90. In the 91st minute Mcpake hoofs a panicked clearance away which see's Griffiths pick the ball up on the halfway line, he sticks it through Scott Browns legs and drives forward till he's 25 yards out. He then bangs the ball into the top corner to win Hibs the Scottish cup for the first time in 111 years. Seems easy enough
    I actually cheered out loud whilst reading that! ✌👆

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    3-1 Hibs in one of the biggest upsets since Partick/Celts. We'll all be pinching ourselves as Leigh gets a breakaway killer 3rd with 15 mins to go. CFC throw everything at us and manage to get one back with 5 left but Williams is outstanding and makes two match-winning stops in the dying minutes. The whistle blows and the Hibs end goes into meltdown. And for the rest of your life you'll be able to say in a quiet, understated, Hibs Class way..."I was there".
    Got a wee bit emotional reading that!

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSeven View Post
    As mentioned in posts above, as long as we turn up and give them a game and actually show some desire and will to win. Last years final we just let hearts walk all over us. We just didn't look up for it at all, you would never have thought we were playing in a cup final the way some of our players attitudes were. Lets hope that celtic trip on their own complacency. The players absolutely have to believe in themselves and have the desire to win. Play for every ball and give them as little space as possible. The problem last year (amongst others) was that we allowed hearts faaaar too much space to pass and move. Stevenson for example gave Black absolutely acres of room! We need to get right up in their faces and frustrate them right from the start. Their fans are impatient so if we can start to frustrate them hopefully their fans will start to get restless and get on their backs. Strength, desire and fearlessness is what we absolutely must have!

Wont be easy at all, celtic are a very strong side, but I think the players attitudes are very important. Although it still hurts getting beat, I can accept it more if the team gave everything and did they best they could but what makes defeat even worse is when they don't look interested. If the players in that dressing room can't get themselves up and raring to go for a Scottish cup final then they may as well not even bother showing up. A lot of the players in last years cup final squad looked like they couldn't give a ****. There are players in our squad who may never get to play in such a huge game again, every single one of them has the chance to make themselves heroes forever.

Not going to attemp a prediction of the score. If we do what NumberSeven says we have a chance.

If we play like last year or the first half against Falkirk or any of most of our league games since the new year we will get humped.

I pray for the former.

I fear it will be the latter.

Oh ..... and none of this taking the players away to bloody Ireland the week before the game. IMO because they were out of the loop some of them hadnt grasped the magnitude of the game and it showed on the day.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    We're going to struggle for the remaining league fixtures, the football and results will be dire. But like I said weeks ago it's all part of Pat's plan to lure them into a false sense of security. Whether it's enough

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    hope scott brown makes it as he wont be match fit so he could have a few dodgy tackles get him sent off and we have 11 against 10 , the cup will be ours