hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Suarez ban - thoughts?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • About right - the lad's contrite

71 44.94%
  • Way too much! Disgrace!!

21 13.29%
  • Not nearly enough. He should be clapped in leg irons and shipped to somewhere really bad.

66 41.77%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Suarez ban

@hibs.net private member

Suarez ban

10 matches. 4 remaining games this season, and 6 next.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    10 games what a ****** disgrace!

I'm not talking about the length of the ban, I'm talking about the fact that Liverpool have stood by this clown who now takes his total to 18 games banned due to stupid, irresponsible and disgraceful behaviour.
    So he sits on erse still getting paid and misses 4 games this season and 6 the next!! How any Liverpool fan can back this erse is totally beyond me. "No player is bigger than the club" I beg to differ, LFC have proved that statement to be total nonsense IMO.

@hibs.net private member Newry Hibs's Avatar
    I suspect an appeal will be made and the result to be a 5 game ban and 5 suspended.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Newry Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I suspect an appeal will be made and the result to be a 5 game ban and 5 suspended.

Knowing Suarez he'd still end up serving the 5 suspended games.

Blog Entries
    They would be insane to appeal it.

What did Cantona get for the kung fu thing?

First Team Breakthrough TomoHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Tamsen94
    8 games for racism and 10 games for biting. Surely it's ment to be less for biting that it is for racism

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by TomoHFC View Post
    8 games for racism and 10 games for biting. Surely it's ment to be less for biting that it is for racism
    Agreed - if it had been 2 different players. As it's the same guy the 2nd ban is probably higher because of the 1st ban (repeat offender).

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TreadsoneScot
    Nae chance of Liverpool appealing this after last years bad PR.

biting

not nice biting... but not as bad a a leg breaking tackle IMO

Some bans below - Feel free to add any I've missed ?

John Terry - 4 games (Racism incident) - - Evra - 4 games for attacking groundsman - Joey Barton - 12 games (Violent Conduct), Di Canio 11 matches for pushing ref. Defoe biting Mascherano - no ban - yellow card at the time. Mutu - 7 months - failed drugs test.

ROY KEANE
    - Handed a five-week ban and a £150,000 fine in October 2002 for comments made about Alfie Haaland in his controversial autobiography - Keane: The Autobiography.

ERIC CANTONA - Banned for nine months from football worldwide and ordered to do 120 hours community service as a result of his Kung-Fu kick on Crystal Palace fan Matthew Simmons in 1995. Cantona was sent off during Manchester United's Selhurst Park meeting with Palace and launched himself over the advertising hoardings at a taunting Simmons as he made his way off the pitch.

MARK BOSNICH - Suspended for nine months in April 2003 after failing a drugs test for cocaine. Had his contract terminated by Chelsea and subsequently lost his appeal against the ban.

RIO FERDINAND - Banned for eight months in December 2003 after failing to take a drugs test in September of the same year.

PAOLO DI CANIO - The fiery Italian forward was handed an 11-game ban and £10,000 fine for pushing referee Paul Alcock while playing for Sheffield Wednesday in a Premier League match against Arsenal in September 1998.

DAVID PRUTTON - the Southampton midfielder was hit with a 10-game ban and fined £6,000 by the FA after shoving referee Alan Wiley following his red card in a match against Arsenal in 2005.

VINNIE JONES - Given a six-month ban suspended for three years in November 1992 - and fined a then record £20,000 by the FA - for his commentary in a video glorifying football violence and dirty tricks.
    Last edited by GreenCastle; 24-04-2013 at 02:45 PM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TreadsoneScot
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenStar View Post

John Terry - 4 games (Racism incident) - - Evra - 4 games for attacking groundsman - Joey Barton - 12 games (Violent Conduct), Di Canio 11 matches for pushing ref. Defoe biting Mascherano - no ban - yellow card at the time. Mutu - 7 months - failed drugs test.

ROY KEANE
    - Handed a five-week ban and a £150,000 fine in October 2002 for comments made about Alfie Haaland in his controversial autobiography - Keane: The Autobiography.

ERIC CANTONA - Banned for nine months from football worldwide and ordered to do 120 hours community service as a result of his Kung-Fu kick on Crystal Palace fan Matthew Simmons in 1995. Cantona was sent off during Manchester United's Selhurst Park meeting with Palace and launched himself over the advertising hoardings at a taunting Simmons as he made his way off the pitch.

MARK BOSNICH - Suspended for nine months in April 2003 after failing a drugs test for cocaine. Had his contract terminated by Chelsea and subsequently lost his appeal against the ban.

RIO FERDINAND - Banned for eight months in December 2003 after failing to take a drugs test in September of the same year.

PAOLO DI CANIO - The fiery Italian forward was handed an 11-game ban and £10,000 fine for pushing referee Paul Alcock while playing for Sheffield Wednesday in a Premier League match against Arsenal in September 1998.

DAVID PRUTTON - the Southampton midfielder was hit with a 10-game ban and fined £6,000 by the FA after shoving referee Alan Wiley following his red card in a match against Arsenal in 2005.

VINNIE JONES - Given a six-month ban suspended for three years in November 1992 - and fined a then record £20,000 by the FA - for his commentary in a video glorifying football violence and dirty tricks.
    Goal Kick!

First Team Breakthrough TomoHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Tamsen94

ROY KEANE

There was a aek Athens player who got ban for life from playing for Greece and was suspended until the end of the season for a nazi salute.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Another 10 games holiday, with full wages.

What a treat!

The problem is Saurez has previous for this disgusting behaviour not just here but abroad as well.
    IIRC at 14 he head butted an official in Uruguay resulting in the official having a broken nose. Biting whilst at Ajax . Racism and now this. As someone already pointed out since being at Liverpool he has received in total an 18 game ban. How the club or supporters can stand by him is disgusting as well.

These cases don't involve what he did previously though do they?

There are plenty of players in world football who are just as bad - Pepe and Ramos at Madrid both have been sent off many times and I think Ramos number of red card bans = close to a full season of games.

Would be surprised if Rodgers wants to sell his best player and make his team weaker and possibly cost him his managers job.

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    10 games what a ****** disgrace!

I'm not talking about the length of the ban, I'm talking about the fact that Liverpool have stood by this clown who now takes his total to 18 games banned due to stupid, irresponsible and disgraceful behaviour.
    So he sits on erse still getting paid and misses 4 games this season and 6 the next!! How any Liverpool fan can back this erse is totally beyond me. "No player is bigger than the club" I beg to differ, LFC have proved that statement to be total nonsense IMO.
    SH

I think Liverpool have dealt with this very poorly.

If they had any sense they would have barred him for seven games - FA would have accepted that.

Their comms has been very poor, and when he said it was only a 3 game ban - sorry, that was the nail in the coffin.

Really sad to see a great club let themselves down.

@hibs.net private member
    He should be banned from football indefinitely.

First Team Breakthrough alan1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Aldo The Bear
    I think it's excessive... He's a total numpty but 10 games... He didn't bite it off... Did he even break the skin... :-)

5 woulda been more appropriate and I'm a Utd fan when it comes to Engurland btw.

ROY KEANE

Joey Barton 12 games (unbelievable i know) for a 'soft' headbutt and a kick in the thigh.

These cases don't involve what he did previously though do they?

There are plenty of players in world football who are just as bad - Pepe and Ramos at Madrid both have been sent off many times and I think Ramos number of red card bans = close to a full season of games.

Would be surprised if Rodgers wants to sell his best player and make his team weaker and possibly cost him his managers job.
    Might be out with his control. People above might say eniugh is enough

I agree a ban is needed, but seems biting hasn't always been punishable... http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ur/6076094.stm

@hibs.net private member
    Each case must be looked at individually , he has previous of biting in Holland, then his racism antics now this. I think he has got of lightly. In any other walk of life he would have been dismissed. But it's football. Liverpool yet again have handled this badly. If they had come out and suspended him till then end of the season and made public his fine then he might have got a slightly less ban. He is wonderful footballer but appears to be a horrible individual.

They should loan him to Hearts as he won't have to serve out the rest of the ban that way. It has worked for Liverpool in the past...

LFCs response to the ban is they are 'surprised and disappointed'. Which is surprising and disappointing. No morality at that club anymore, which is a shame for the fans.

So can anyone explain how you get a longer ban for biting than you get for racially abusing someone

Liverpool should get rid as soon as possible. It doesn't matter how good a player he is, the club should simply say, we are better than this, and look to sell him in the summer.

The sad thing for me is that there would be a queue of top clubs looking to sign him. It's almost as if they would say "well he hasn't done anything disgraceful while at our club so it doesn't count".

The guy is a massive bell end.

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    LFCs response to the ban is they are 'surprised and disappointed'. Which is surprising and disappointing. No morality at that club anymore, which is a shame for the fans.

Left by mutual consent! Skanko79's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Seen that, Liverpool are a joke of a club. Suarez is a wee rat.

Way too harsh, but I suspect he knew what he was doing though and this might get him a 4m a year raise at Real Madrid, Barca or PSG for next year.