hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First Team Regular howdenthehibby's Avatar

John Sutton sets sights on capital rivals.

Thats both him and the tattooed circus freak commenting lately, that they must finish above us cause all they've heard from our fans is that weve had a really good season. Again another example of their weird infatuation with us. Are there any Hibbys on here that think weve had a good season ?.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Don't think we've had a good season at all, but I'll be pretty pissed off if that lot Finish above us....considering how far ahead of them we were for most of the season.
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    We had a great half a season, but barring the cup, have had a really poor 2nd half to the season. But they seem to take our comments from November and think they're still relevant

We're all just pretending that we don't give a toss about them finishing above us, aren't we?

Considering the positions a few months back, of course it matters. Not talking embarrassment, humiliation or whatever, given they still have a lot of players that they outbid us for, but it is a big deal. Kidding ourselves if we say otherwise.

First Team Breakthrough derek0762's Avatar
    I said the very same thing to a yam in my work the other day, when he said aye but you's have had your best season in 15 years and we are only 6 points behind you..........." I said I've not heard one Hibs fan say its been a good season, a good start mibe and in another final but still average so far"

@hibs.net private member
    They've had a lot of luck to get as close to us as they are. I'm sure it's going to even out over the season.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    The only people i've heard claiming we've had a really good season are Hearts fans.

Since November it's been terrible, but obviously cos we started well it must mean it's been a good one in their views...

Our season:

Screwed up the League Cup big time by disrespecting QOTS .... we paid for it in lost income and a very angry support who just couldnt believe that the same club who had failed to turn up at a cup final would have the cheek to think they could afford to take any club or competition lightly.

Started very brightly in the SPL but to be honest failed to sustain that early season form. Not making the top six is a failure for this club in any season .... so from that point of view we have under performed.

The Scottish Cup ....... so far the best part of our season, we have made it to Hampden through a pretty tough draw, hats off to the manager and players for that.

If we win it this will be our greatest season since the 1950s. Even the famous 5 couldnt win the Holy Grail.

As for the Yams ...... couldnt care less about them at the moment .... so long as we beat them of course.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    The maroon balloons seem to hold a common belief that we think we've had a good season but where that myth originated from then only they will know.

They're a weird bunch to say the least.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Same old pish from them and their fans, win a couple of games and all is great again.

My facebook was full of it yesterday at the back of 5, the same morons have been nowhere to be seen unless of course they win a game.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Forget them, the ONLY thing they have left to their season is to finish above us.

We have reached another cup final and Europe and done so by horsing them out the cup!

Big club my arse!

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by RicheyWhite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're all just pretending that we don't give a toss about them finishing above us, aren't we?

Considering the positions a few months back, of course it matters. Not talking embarrassment, humiliation or whatever, given they still have a lot of players that they outbid us for, but it is a big deal. Kidding ourselves if we say otherwise.
    I would maybe care if we were already out the scottish cup, but that's the only thing that matters now. 7th and lose the final, or 11th and win the cup?

Who or what is "John Sutton"?
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Chris Sutton's wee brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    I was thinking that myself I thought he had left the pink dome? Was he not on£7k a week or something and average about 3 goals a season? I thought they has offloaded all the top earners?

Shirley they can't STILL have the 2nd highest wage bill?

I don't think we've had a good league season at all. Since around the halfway point it's been terrible.

The only thing that's made it bearable since November/December time has been our cup run.

Quite where they've got the idea from that we've had a great season is anyone's guess.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    We shouldn't be resting players until we're out of sight of Hearts. To have their worst team in years finish above us would be an embarrasment.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    I don't think we've had a good league season at all. Since around the halfway point it's been terrible.

The only thing that's made it bearable since November/December time has been our cup run.

Quite where they've got the idea from that we've had a great season is anyone's guess.

Exactly but it helps the yams and players justify the 2nd biggest wage bill in the SPL. Are they in the Scottish cup final? Nope. Have they qualified for Europe next season? Nope. Are they above us in the league despite playing more games? Nope. Dry your eyes Chris' brother.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    The last derby of the season is a massive game for them whereas for us its a stepping stone to the final. I really hope we beat them but in the grand scheme of things it's not that important

Quote Originally Posted by Rawr.rar View Post
    We shouldn't be resting players until we're out of sight of Hearts. To have their worst team in years finish above us would be an embarrasment.
    I'm sure I could live with the shame if we're parading the Scottish Cup through the streets of Leith in 5 weeks' time.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    I'm sure I could live with the shame if we're parading the Scottish Cup through the streets of Leith in 5 weeks' time.
    Indeed but we shouldn't be giving up on the best possible league placing just because we're in a cup final.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Indeed but we shouldn't be giving up on the best possible league placing just because we're in a cup final.
    Of course we should look to finish as high up the league as possible.

I was just replying to someone who was saying it would be an embarrassment if we finished below them, that's all.

I'm sure I would quickly recover if we beat Celtic on 26th May.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Would find it rather amusing to see them catch us up or indeed overtake us only for their insolvency event to strike and see their 18 points deduction kick in.

We WERE having a good season but it has not been good since about late november/december. I wouldn't be impressed if they finished above us but we've got bigger fish to fry with the cup final and putting a good team together in time for Europe.

They appear to be losing their "Big team like, hibs forever in our shadow like, we don't care about them like" mentality.

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawr.rar View Post
    I couldn't give a toss about Hearts and the league position. IMO the manager should be using every game possible with a view to overcoming Celtc in the cup final. Priority at this moment should be trying different tactics, resting players and avoiding suspensions and injuries. The chances are that this will result in lost games and a lower league position but this is a cost that I (for one) am willing to pay.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TreadsoneScot
    Their position in relation to Hibs is what defines them not their standing in Scottish football. If they are above us come full time on the 12th May I expect the 'world cup winning' scenes similar to their defeat of us at ER after we won the League cup in 2007.

Do the jambos get a newsletter every week on what to say if they see a hibs fan. Everytime i meet a simple,deluded puddle drinker up here it's the same nonsense as mentioned on here.
    They must get Paul McKenna in at the start of the season and get hypnotised. Strange bunch of reprobates.

Quote Originally Posted by RicheyWhite View Post

Could not care less about that. The SC Final is not the most important thing for Hibs this season, it is the ONLY thing and everything Hibs does for the next 5 games should be as part of the prep for that game. Where the Yams finish in the SPL is irrelevant by comparison, but hugely important to them as it is the ONLY thing they have left in their meaningless, empty lives.

Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    I couldn't give a toss about Hearts and the league position. IMO the manager should be using every game possible with a view to overcoming Celtc in the cup final. Priority at this moment should be trying different tactics, resting players and avoiding suspensions and injuries. The chances are that this will result in lost games and a lower league position but this is a cost that I (for one) am willing to pay.
    I really should read to the end of the thread before posting.... but this !