hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Can Claros and Thomson play in the same team if No who would you rather keep?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

70 82.35%
  • No

8 9.41%
  • Claros

10 11.76%
  • Thomson

7 8.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    First Team Regular
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MC_Humo

Can Thomson and Claros play together?

Both of them are great players but the play pretty much the same role and against Falkirk it seemed they kept getting in each others way and so my question is do you think they can play together in the same team and if no who would you rather keep?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Thomson has yet to prove he can still play with anyone

We've got 5 games to find out.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    That's what I thought. Both very similar, don't know if either would be capable of being the one who goes forward in a two, KT would most likely be the more forward thinking but they both strike me as being the same kind of player.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Voted yes, first half, could not work out what Thompson was about. The short but decent 15 mins in the second half pressing forward more and doing more harrying, that's what I had expected in the first. If he's fit they should work well together. Unlikelyboth will be here next year though.

Good players can play together. (Generally)

Been talking about this for a while - they may be able to play together but don't think they have played well together yet.

When Claros is the main guy in there we have played well - against Falkirk it was too crowded and no coincidence once more space was available and Thomson went off Claros got better.

I like them both as they pass the ball well but it's similar if I was Fenlon would see if it works or not very soon a we need a decent midfield against Celtic if we are to have any chance to win.

If we went 4-2-3-1 they'd fit perfect

May well need two defensively minded mf to pay in front of back four for the final

Claros has been outstanding all season.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thomson has yet to prove he can still play with anyone
    He has proved in the short time he has been with us that he can still play.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    He has proved in the short time he has been with us that he can still play.
    Are you sure your not seeing what you want to see, he has done nothing to change our fortunes since he arrived. I'm not having a go at him but he needs to do more to convince me he has stil got it

I still prefer Claros and Taiwo together in the middle

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Are you sure your not seeing what you want to see, he has done nothing to change our fortunes since he arrived. I'm not having a go at him but he needs to do more to convince me he has stil got it
    I am sure.

I want to keep Handling Taiwo Claros Harris as the midfield.

First Team Breakthrough Pat 0-7's Avatar

Claros has played well for us this season, but it sounds like Thomson still has the passion for us if the reports of last weeks dressing room stories are true.....

On paper it should work, but at Hamdump it failed miserably. IMHO they sat far too deep and are both too defensive minded, allowing Falkirk mf to play right through them when forced to chase the game.

If we're 2-0 up v Celtic with 10 to play, then they should be perfect protection for our back 4, but they are too similar to play a whole game together.

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    Quote Originally Posted by Humo View Post
    Both of them are great players but the play pretty much the same role and against Falkirk it seemed they kept getting in each others way and so my question is do you think they can play together in the same team and if no who would you rather keep?
    I think Thomson needs to stick to his role, I felt at the semi he was trying too hard and consequently found himself trying to do Jorge's job. As a result there was space where Alston could exploit.
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I would have Thomson and Taiwo starting together, then Claros comes on when Thomson tires and keeps things composed when we are 3-0 up for the final 15 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I would have Thomson and Taiwo starting together, then Claros comes on when Thomson tires and keeps things composed when we are 3-0 up for the final 15 minutes
    I think that would be unfair on Claros......For me he has been superb this Season, especially when you consider he was hooked early in that Final....He seems settled with his family here, and has been consistently good....Has shown tremendous character to battle back after Final....Maybe we will see Robertson have the same reaction?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibby View Post
    I want to keep Handling Taiwo Claros Harris as the midfield.
    Sounds perfect to me

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    I think that would be unfair on Claros......For me he has been superb this Season, especially when you consider he was hooked early in that Final....He seems settled with his family here, and has been consistently good....Has shown tremendous character to battle back after Final....Maybe we will see Robertson have the same reaction?
    Agreed

I forget about that final (no surprise there) and Claros being subbed early. Taking that into account he has been exceptional

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Claros with Thomson as back up.

They should both be doing everything they can in training to earn their starting 11 place.

Testimonial Due
    [QUOTE=MysteryBill;3574199]

Claros has played well for us this season, but it sounds like Thomson still has the passion for us if the reports of last weeks dressing room stories are true.....[/QUOTE]

Keep it clean please, this is a family friendly message board

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    I agree he has been very good this season however I really do worry about his lack of mobility in getting about the pitch. He reacted very slowly to Falkirk's first goal last week for example.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    I voted No, never.

Based on a limited amount of evidence I am prepared to form an unshakeable conclusion and refuse to change it, regardless of circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Humo View Post

Claros is nowhere near a great player. Thomson was, potentially, a very good player. If Thomson gets his form back, we'd be better off with him. But, of course, if he gets his form back, someone else with more money will sign him.

Either way, we need to sort our central midfield out for next season, because filling the midfield with players who are capable of nothing more than making short easy passes wont help us climb the table next season. We need variety in there - speed, power, energy and goal scoring ability. Not one paced mediocre players.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post

If Taiwo is still getting a game with us next season, something is seriously wrong with our club.

First Team Breakthrough Pat 0-7's Avatar
    [QUOTE=#FromTheCapital;3575048]
    Quote Originally Posted by MysteryBill View Post

Claros has played well for us this season, but it sounds like Thomson still has the passion for us if the reports of last weeks dressing room stories are true.....[/QUOTE]

Keep it clean please, this is a family friendly message board