hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Team For Dons Match (No Cup Ticket content thread)

Team for Monday - one that finished match on Saturday or shuffle the pack?

I'd start the youngsters to give a boost and game time.

Anyone know how KT's injury is? and McPake? (how much is injury & how much just poor form?)

2. Log in to remove the advert

Same team as finished the semi for me. Definitely go two up top and start taking the game to teams instead of inviting pressure and taking beatings.

Quote Originally Posted by lugz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Same team as finished the semi for me. Definitely go two up top and start taking the game to teams instead of inviting pressure and taking beatings.
    Well said that man!

Definite starts for Harris and Handling, would even consider throwing Caldwell on up front, but then again, Doyle came on and changed the game on Saturday so it's probably only fair he starts! But yeah I'd say pretty much the team that finished the game on Saturday!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    It will be nice to have a game again....

I'd be tempted to drop Clancy but he needs the games I suppose.

Left by mutual consent!
    We need to give KT every minute possible with the cup final in mind. He has the potential to boss the midfield at Hampden.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Tempted to say the team that finished the semi, but don't want to give Celtic the opportunity to watch them too often before the final so would mix it up a bit.

I would shove Robertson, Thomson and Cairney right back in. Their confidence must be shot and this will give them a chance to get right back on their horse and hopefully prove themselves with a gutsy display. I would also give the other fringe players a run out to let them try and win a place in the final starting eleven.

We have nothing to lose so we might as well be experimental.

Reckon i'd go

.....................Williams..................

Clancy...McPake....Hanlon....McGivern

........Taiwo.......Claros.......Thomson

Doyle.........................................Harr is

......................Griffiths.................

Telling the full backs to push right up and the wide player to work their erses off supporting Griffiths.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    I would shove Robertson, Thomson and Cairney right back in. Their confidence must be shot and this will give them a chance to get right back on their horse and hopefully prove themselves with a gutsy display. I would also give the other fringe players a run out to let them try and win a place in the final starting eleven.

We have nothing to lose so we might as well be experimental.
    Yes we do a football match, we should be looking to get points on board the league placing is unacceptable regardless of cup finals, maybe bring in one or two other players but I will be looking at stongest team we can field which IMO includes Harris now.

Quote Originally Posted by lugz View Post
    If PF plays 4-5-1 again, he needs his head examined.......
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Williams
    Clancy McPake Hanlon McGivern
    Harris Claros Thomson ???
    Handling Griffiths

Give young Danny a chance to show what he can do up top beside Griffiths, with Doyle on bench as back up. Final midfield place up for grabs. Maybe an idea to give Cairney another go in a bid to regain confidence... Tough on Taiwo but shape means he is a good replacement for central duo.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Williams
    McPake Hanlon McGivern
    Clancy.............................Stevenson
    Claros KT
    Harris... Griffiths... Doyle

Mon the Hibs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Williams

Clancy McPake(c) Hanlon McGivern

Claros Thomson

Doyle Cairney Harris

Griffiths

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Same team that played brilliantly for over an hour against an admittedly tiring Falkirk team.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    We could go 442 like the time St Johnstone beat us 3-0 at home.

It's not the formation that's the issue. It's what the players go out and do.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

It is a bit of both really, I do not think we have the right midfielders for 4-5-1 and I think we are better with 4-4-2 in trying to make things happen instead of waiting on them to happen, we will lose games regardless of formation but IMO we should have 2 up front against all the SPL teams.

Far too much is made of formations IMO. What's more important is how far up the pitch our defence sit and how far forward our midfield press. If we press higher up the field Doyle and Harris become part of a 4-3-3 and not the 4-5-1 that everyone complains about. Just because a team plays with only one central striker does not necessarily mean they are playing a 4-5-1.

for me Handling is not good enough on what i have saw this season seam to come on a run about a bit to quick with no control showing.

Caldwell dont know yet think he has struggled in the first team

Done whats happened to him "

am not sure what team to go with for Monday I just want them to turn up and work hard find there passes ETC

we need to finish 7th for the cash simple

but and its a big BUT i dont see us winning any games SORRY

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Same team as ended the cup semi for me. They earned the right to show more of what they can do together in that 75 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bring_Back_Franck View Post
    Far too much is made of formations IMO. What's more important is how far up the pitch our defence sit and how far forward our midfield press. If we press higher up the field Doyle and Harris become part of a 4-3-3 and not the 4-5-1 that everyone complains about. Just because a team plays with only one central striker does not necessarily mean they are playing a 4-5-1.
    Remarkably, during the first half last Saturday not only did our midfield five manage not to support our sole striker, they were also posted absent in defence and when trying to track Falkirk's midfield runners.

If it was intended to be a defensive set-up then the game-plan / instructions / tactics from PF must have been far too complex for the team to understand. Because they didn't achieve that either.

A puzzling performance.

Maybe, Im not so sure....4-5-1 at Parkhead and we did not muster a single shot at goal.....Created hee haw and surrended meekly.....PF never even bothered bringing another striker, in a game we had to win.....

Against Falkirk I was amazed we played the same set up, and allowed Falkirk to dictate the play and come at us.....Only when we needed to go all out attack did it pay off......Would rather see the team have a go from the off......

Coaching Staff
    Maybe, Im not so sure....4-5-1 at Parkhead and we did not muster a single shot at goal.....Created hee haw and surrended meekly.....PF never even bothered bringing another striker, in a game we had to win.....

Against Falkirk I was amazed we played the same set up, and allowed Falkirk to dictate the play and come at us.....Only when we needed to go all out attack did it pay off......Would rather see the team have a go from the off......
    It's what the players do that decides that.

If Falkirk were allowed to dictate play a 442 in theory makes that worse and allows them to come at us more than a 451 where you should be controlling the midfield and protecting the defence.

I think it shows that the talk of formations is a bit overplayed.

For me too many equate sticking another striker on with being more attacking and scoring more goals. It doesn't tend to work out that way. Yes we got back in the game after we changed it but it had far more to do with the drive and commitment being shown than the formation.

It's what the players do that decides that.

If Falkirk were allowed to dictate play a 442 in theory makes that worse and allows them to come at us more than a 451 where you should be controlling the midfield and protecting the defence.

I think it shows that the talk of formations is a bit overplayed.

For me too many equate sticking another striker on with being more attacking and scoring more goals. It doesn't tend to work out that way. Yes we got back in the game after we changed it but it had far more to do with the drive and commitment being shown than the formation.
    Possibly.....

It shows us then that the drive and commitment shown at Parkhead and in first half on the Semi, was sadly lacking.....Up to PF to get the most out of the player's, and that has to change for the better

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bring_Back_Franck View Post
    indeed its meant to be 4-5-1 under pressure - 4-3-3 when pressing....but its all about attitude to press game to opponents as much as possible....which needs confidence in yourself / team mates.....thats is where it falls down....lack of confidence

Harris and Handling still have theirs and so played from that.....

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xoROOSKYox
    -----------------------------------Williams----------------------------------------

Clancy-------------------McPake------------Hanlon------------------Stevenson

Handling------------------Taiwo---------------Claros---------------------Harris

---------------------------Doyle--------------Griffiths---------------------------

Same team as the one that finished the Semi for me. Doesn't matter if it was tiring Falkirk team, they still ran their ***** off in the second half and in extra time to get us into the final. Hopefully, we don't just play route one all game against the Dons and take the game to them like we did on Saturday. Got a good feeling about Monday night - 2-0 Hibs.

EDIT: McGivern suspended so Steveson to slot into LB.
    Last edited by FromTheCapital; 20-04-2013 at 01:58 PM. Reason: MCGIVERN SUSPENDED

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    _____________Williams

Clancy___McPake___Hanlon____McGivern

_________Claros____Thomson

Handling_____________________Harris

________Griffiths____Doyle

First Team Breakthrough LioNeilMessi's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: soakingdisk795
    ..................Williams
    Clancy ... McPake ... Hanlon ... Mcgivern

...Taiwo ... Thomson orClaros ... Harris

...Doyle ... Griffiths ... Handling

Similar to the second half of last week, although I would happily see the back 4 reshuffled - Lewis to LB, Mcgivern to CB with Mcpake or Hanlon dropping out. I wouldn't lose sleep if Clancy was to drop out either, tries hard but was lacking sharpness in the semi final and also in his past few games.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Thought I read somewhere that Mcgivern is suspended on Monday, but could be wrong
    http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/Disciplinary/CurrentSuspensions/Season2012/13/April2013/PlayerSuspensions/LOS37(11-APR).pdf

Edit -He is
    Last edited by Billy Whizz; 20-04-2013 at 12:58 PM.